inTank Media Baskets

Matteo's College Living Room Piece* Update

Matteo

Nixperience

Making RODI water today for water change tomorrow, gonna do a 15 gallon water change but before hand I am going to turkey baster all the LR, clean MP10 wetside, clean RW4, clean skimmer cup, scrape calcium deposit line on water line of tank, hand scrub all sides of glass, clean filter socks, replace carbon on reactor, and clean return pump. ohhhh yeeeah.

I'm breaking down my tank this weekend and moving it to my lfs to fish sit for 3 weeks until I set up my new tank in the new house. Oh yeah.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm breaking down my tank this weekend and moving it to my lfs to fish sit for 3 weeks until I set up my new tank in the new house. Oh yeah.

Good Luck Nixie! Hope it all goes smoothly for u and ur "Dependents" B)

ahhh thats so long!

I know your pain.. I'm out of town for 3 weeks right now am am having my parents babysit the tank for me.. Such an awful feeling haha.

no lid. youre a brave man.

my blenny and I have an agreement, I supply him large tank with many homes and lots of food and the mofo promise he don't jump. If he jumps the contract is void

I know your pain.. I'm out of town for 3 weeks right now am am having my parents babysit the tank for me.. Such an awful feeling haha.

I hate pet sitters. So many times they never fu#3ing listen to what you have to say.

I hate pet sitters. So many times they never fu#3ing listen to what you have to say.

hahaha. not a huge issue for me - me and all my roommates are vet students, and of em was a marine science major. if she doesnt do a good job while im on vacation ill be surprised.

Nixperience

I think my LFS can take care of my small tank. If I ever had to have someone fish sit in my house, I would just set up a giant 20 gallon ATO reservoir and an auto feeder and have them call me if anything stops working lol.

I get my RODI water from my hose :P

20160516_125401_zpspxnvlqlu.jpg

which goes into my closet

20160516_125353_zpsu5dbfmpu.jpg

to my 20 gallon trash bin

20160516_173122_zpsm318vqau.jpg

doing water change today along with other tank maintenance and probably going to make upflow algae scrubber!

Cencalfishguy56

I get my RODI water from my hose :P

20160516_125401_zpspxnvlqlu.jpg

which goes into my closet

20160516_125353_zpsu5dbfmpu.jpg

to my 20 gallon trash bin

20160516_173122_zpsm318vqau.jpg

doing water change today along with other tank maintenance and probably going to make upflow algae scrubber!

like that RODI setup man!!
Nixperience

Lol. Nothing makes a nice, sleek, rimless tank look better than a 20 gallon rubbermade trash barrel right next to it. My wife would kill me.

Lol. Nothing makes a nice, sleek, rimless tank look better than a 20 gallon rubbermade trash barrel right next to it. My wife would kill me.

Hahahahah right? ! It sits there for a day and half too. One day for mixing the next for water change.

Nixperience

Hahahahah right? ! It sits there for a day and half too. One day for mixing the next for water change.

Wow! So are you doing 20 gallon water changes? I'll have 45 gallons of total water and I'll only be doing 5 gallons every 2-3 weeks. I don't need a Rubbermaid for that thank goodness.

I'm doing 20gallon every 2 weeks. I'm hoping though that with the algae scrubber I just put (pics will come) this will help with doing less

Nixperience

Dude, that's like 35%! I feel like that's more disruptive than beneficial and a huge pain. Any reason you are changing so much?

Dude, that's like 35%! I feel like that's more disruptive than beneficial and a huge pain. Any reason you are changing so much?

larger bio load. I honestly will probably do 15ish every two weeks

DIY Algae Scrubber

cost me nothing

20160517_170157_zpszcft8p0q.jpg

drilled holes in cutting mat

20160517_171418_zpsaqytabn6.jpg

roughed it up

20160517_171602_zps2ofqfzmu.jpg

20160517_171605_zpssek2co3x.jpg

and done

20160517_175754_zpsgqkpgwjm.jpg

20160517_180501_zpslxgjde3j.jpg

also installed LED closet lights so I can see what is up

20160517_175810_zpskixhkvpj.jpg

got the fuge all cleaned and vacuumed out

20160517_180558_zpsflvdgkxi.jpg

skimmer cup cleaned

20160517_180609_zpsx43cegvc.jpg

I totally forgot to tell you all but I accidentally broke my carbon reactor :( not the biggest loss but still.

Dream Equipment List

Nyos Skimmer

MP40

EcoTech M1

ATI 24in 6 Bulb Dimmable

Reef Angel Wifi Module

Reef Angel RF expansion for Ecotech pumps

Total = $1800

yeah no big deal......

Gorg from Stella looking good!

20160519_140410_zpsjrayafgo.jpg

It's looking awesome! :happydance:

Where in your sump are you running your algae scrubber? Can you take a photo of your entire sump and post it up? Yup, I'm asking a lot. I know.

blizzardscout2

my blenny and I have an agreement, I supply him large tank with many homes and lots of food and the mofo promise he don't jump. If he jumps the contract is void

:haha:

That drip algae scrubber is awesome btw. I'm interested to see how it works out. Is there quite a bit of flow down it?

It's looking awesome! :happydance:

Where in your sump are you running your algae scrubber? Can you take a photo of your entire sump and post it up? Yup, I'm asking a lot. I know.

I am at work at the moment but I can later! If you look at my sump pic in the first page its actually sitting on the baffles on the right side

:haha:

That drip algae scrubber is awesome btw. I'm interested to see how it works out. Is there quite a bit of flow down it?

thanks! It has brown algae with a hint of green. I am going to let it run till turf shows up. If turf doesn't show after another couple weeks I will break it down and try again. The down flow is moderate for what it is. This was more of an experimental thing. I honestly would much rather build a smaller up flow scrubber and use red LEDs. My sump is crowded. Upflow also only require air pump. The pump for the algae scrubber I would rather use for a carbon reactor

DREAM SETUP!

16b395f5-793b-4f90-9534-659742a6741a_zps

all I gotta do is sell this.....

12804834_10204137103586600_1737083968615

jk never

tdannhauser30

Went with an algae scrubber eh?? Mine has worked out great! and bro thats a sick bike.. All of my friends have Honda CBR's and I want one lol

Yours is the blue one in the back right? lol

Archived