SaltCritters.com

Lawnman's Red Sea Reefer 170

Lawnman

No issues you think that you took out all the macro that was doing filtration?

Mine move around some but in the 10 gallon not a lot of walking space... but once they get comfortable I think they pretty much stay put.

No issues besides the tank being a little cloudy. I will toss in a skimmer if I have to since no macros to remove nutrients. Wouldn't be surprised if I get a algae bloom.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I bought 7 the first order and a few of them ran right into the rocks and disappeared :angry: so less rock and less coral is on tap for my new addiction ;)

How do you get yours to stay in the front on the sand? Do you sing to them because I will get the pipes warmed up if needed!

I do nothing, they don't seem to move too much, mine never have. In my 34 g I did have 3 that did a dance on a rock they were on, but they never left the rock. Less rock means you can more easily remove them by sliding a driver's license under neath them carefully until it gives and lets up. They are definitely social animals so put them down near each other, they'll cuddle up until they're touching each other. Maybe that's another reason I like them so much.

I need to find the Barry White, these nems so far don't need encouragement though!

Have fun with all the snow tomorrow.... we have a high of -1 tomorrow and a low around -17 oh joy

No snow here we got freezing rain :wacko: suppose to be -3 in the morning high 22

Have fun with all the snow tomorrow.... we have a high of -1 tomorrow and a low around -17 oh joy

I just don't miss that weather. Like needles hitting your face is not fun. I was born in Chicago but left after my Master's program. I know it's crazy but I haven't even visited the last 24 yrs.

Indiana, that sucked too, I was in Terra Haute at the time for like 6 yrs. Just like Chicago, horrible cold and ice storms in the winter, hot 90 always summers.

This beauty showed up today!

1567E157-028C-4C4E-870F-44D4CA18D764.jpg

Indiana, that sucked too, I was in Terra Haute at the time for like 6 yrs. Just like Chicago, horrible cold and ice storms in the winter, hot 90 always summers.

:lol: our Summers haven't been that bad the last 3-4 years heat wise. Terre Haute is a shithole no wonder you hated Indiana :P

I wrangled all my rock flowers into a Tupperware tonight but 1 that's attached to a rock. Hopefully turning them loose in the tank this next week. New scape should be done soon.

I approve of that!!!!! Whole lot of light there

I need one of those light coupler things like they use on the ATI fixtures to hang it. I asked Dave but think he forgot.

balmy 28 here ;) rain is coming back come Monday so all will be good in the great NW...............

I will take rain over snow anyday!

My uncle has a RFA that has grown from 3" to about 7" in diameter it's insane! He feeds it ever day

I need one of those light coupler things like they use on the ATI fixtures to hang it. I asked Dave but think he forgot.

I will take rain over snow anyday!

I have an new ATI hanging kit- if Dave doesn't have your part, I can send you it. No glitter involved. ?

My uncle has a RFA that has grown from 3" to about 7" in diameter it's insane! He feeds it ever day

I have an new ATI hanging kit if you need any part

We need a picture of that!

Hmmm may have an extra one or two from the wide quad I had...

Ok I will pm you if Dave can't help me.

My uncle has a RFA that has grown from 3" to about 7" in diameter it's insane! He feeds it ever day I have an new ATI hanging kit- if Dave doesn't have your part, I can send you it. No glitter involved.

Awesome thanks Harry hopefully Dave can send me one.

Light looks good now get that thing hung up...............

I would if I had that part.

That's a great looking new fixture Lawn, what are the over all dimensions? Does it have to be on a hanging kit, or is there a mounting bracket option?

I have been considering a new light myself because I do miss the ability to have control options.

I mean, my light works well, and can grow some corals, but it's either on or off!

That's a great looking new fixture Lawn, what are the over all dimensions? Does it have to be on a hanging kit, or is there a mounting bracket option?

I have been considering a new light myself because I do miss the ability to have control options.

I mean, my light works well, and can grow some corals, but it's either on or off!

I think 12x6x3/4 without looking on his site. Not sure if he can put a mounting bracket on it or not. Sure he can rig up something he seems handy :P.

Ok, so what model is that, and what site do I look at? I am very out of the loop when it comes to lighting, I have had the same light for about the last 5-6 years.

Ok, so what model is that, and what site do I look at? I am very out of the loop when it comes to lighting, I have had the same light for about the last 5-6 years.

It's a Nano Box Quad Wide. I bought it used in the classifieds and had it sent to Dave for a new lid. http://nanoboxreef.com Shoot me a PM if I can be of any help buddy. Is your tank still dry?

No Lawn, it's very wet. I bought dry rock about 8 weeks ago. Built a new scape that's rock solid and cycled it in the garage in a brute can.

Friday John and I broke down the tank and pulled all of the live rock out. We got all of the coral off of the rock and cleaned up the Starboard bottom a bit. We put in the new scape and mounted all of the coral. We have had no losses or stressed animals at all..knock on wood.

The old rock was atleast 10 years old and had a serious case of vermited snails. I had some Bubble Algae, and other misc issues.

We carefully inspected all corals, to not introduce unwanted critters. This was a long overdue reboot that needed to happen.

This is the first time I have ever had a solid scape, so no more land slides and accidentally fragged corals for me!

I over purchased as I always do, so sent our friend Sancho a box o rocks for Christmas..

No Lawn, it's very wet. I bought dry rock about 8 weeks ago. Built a new scape that's rock solid and cycled it in the garage in a brute can.

Friday John and I broke down the tank and pulled all of the live rock out. We got all of the coral off of the rock and cleaned up the Starboard bottom a bit. We put in the new scape and mounted all of the coral. We have had no losses or stressed animals at all..knock on wood.

The old rock was atleast 10 years old and had a serious case of vermited snails. I had some Bubble Algae, and other misc issues.

We carefully inspected all corals, to not introduce unwanted critters. This was a long overdue reboot that needed to happen.

This is the first time I have ever had a solid scape, so no more land slides and accidentally fragged corals for me!

I over purchased as I always do, so sent our friend Sancho a box o rocks for Christmas..

What store do you guys hit up north?

I am south on the border...........

Archived