Lawnman's Red Sea Reefer 170

Lawnman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Lawn,

All is well here, Thank you.

I have watched your tanks over the years, and this is by far my favorite. You have built, and grown such a beautiful display which I feel is more that worthy of Nominations and Recognition.

What should also be recognized is what an asset you have been to many of the people on this forum.

You have personally helped me on many occasions, with ideas, suggestions, and problem solving. We have shared equipment, corals, and laughs. For that I thank you greatly!

Keep up the good work with the tank. Good things happen to good people!

Best holiday wishes, Shane

I love the gsp backwall, nice backdrop for that pretty orange clown.

Thanks Annette

Lawn,

All is well here, Thank you.

I have watched your tanks over the years, and this is by far my favorite. You have built, and grown such a beautiful display which I feel is more that worthy of Nominations and Recognition.

What should also be recognized is what an asset you have been to many of the people on this forum.

You have personally helped me on many occasions, with ideas, suggestions, and problem solving. We have shared equipment, corals, and laughs. For that I thank you greatly!

Keep up the good work with the tank. Good things happen to good people!

Best holiday wishes, Shane

Well thanks Shane :blush: this is my favorite tank so far. Is your tank still going? Thought I read you broke it down or something ?

Lawn,

Yes, the tank is still running. I am in the process of a reboot though. We moved to our new house the first of this year, and my wife treated me to a large coral frag purchase to celebrate. I was not as vigilant as I should have been and have been suffering through a Legendary Algae outbreak of all kinds. I know it was my fault, and can blame only myself. I have worked for the last 9 months to correct the issue, but have not had positive results. My current live rock has been with me in various tanks for atleast 12 years, maybe longer. It is not porous, very dense and heavy rock. My rock scapes have never been solid or sturdy, just stacked together.

So this is my plan of attack.

I have a new rock structure curing that I have built using dry rock, acrylic rods, and lots of glue. It is very close to being ready for the tank.

My plan is to remove all of my current rock, and replace it with the new structure. I will remove all of the coral from the old rock carefully trying not allowing any nuisance Algae to pass by me. 100% water change and thoroughly cleaning all of the equipment.

I have planned and built the new rock structure in a way that if I do see any nuisance Algae after the swap, I can pull my whole scape and treat the effected area out of water.

I have lots of coraline Algae in the system, my starboard bottom is completely covered, so the new rock will color up quickly.

I have not set a date yet for the reboot, but it will be near the end of December.

I will shoot you some pics when the reboot is complete.

Lawn,

Yes, the tank is still running. I am in the process of a reboot though. We moved to our new house the first of this year, and my wife treated me to a large coral frag purchase to celebrate. I was not as vigilant as I should have been and have been suffering through a Legendary Algae outbreak of all kinds. I know it was my fault, and can blame only myself. I have worked for the last 9 months to correct the issue, but have not had positive results. My current live rock has been with me in various tanks for atleast 12 years, maybe longer. It is not porous, very dense and heavy rock. My rock scapes have never been solid or sturdy, just stacked together.

So this is my plan of attack.

I have a new rock structure curing that I have built using dry rock, acrylic rods, and lots of glue. It is very close to being ready for the tank.

My plan is to remove all of my current rock, and replace it with the new structure. I will remove all of the coral from the old rock carefully trying not allowing any nuisance Algae to pass by me. 100% water change and thoroughly cleaning all of the equipment.

I have planned and built the new rock structure in a way that if I do see any nuisance Algae after the swap, I can pull my whole scape and treat the effected area out of water.

I have lots of coraline Algae in the system, my starboard bottom is completely covered, so the new rock will color up quickly.

I have not set a date yet for the reboot, but it will be near the end of December.

I will shoot you some pics when the reboot is complete.

Wow sorry to hear this but many had the same problems. What kind of algae did you end up with? I had bubble algae from there frags. Emerald crabs and some Methrix made short work of mine. Look forward to the pics and congrats on the new house.

Congrats on the Dec feature. When I first saw your new FTS I thought that the large finger leather in the upper left really looked like it was trying to grab something :)

jedimasterben

Congrats on the Dec feature. When I first saw your new FTS I thought that the large finger leather in the upper left really looked like it was trying to grab something :)

It's like IM GONNA GETCHA

Well shit a tank of weeds got topic of the month :haha:

Congrats! have to give you shit!!!!!!! :slap:

I'm so glad your tank got TOTM this month! Softie lovers everywhere are celebrating the revolution :naughtydance:

How dare you post that Teeny.............. I thought you were part of the dark side :lol:

How dare you post that Teeny.............. I thought you were part of the dark side :lol:

Oh I am on the dark side for sure. My ocd personality won't allow me to just relax and enjoy the weeds.

Ironically enough, I know Lawn would never tolerate weeds in the lawn, only in the tank :D

Oh I am on the dark side for sure. My ocd personality won't allow me to just relax and enjoy the weeds.

Ironically enough, I know Lawn would never tolerate weeds in the lawn, only in the tank :D

Well I like the sticks and also some weeds :o

:lol: thank you....

I'm so glad your tank got TOTM this month! Softie lovers everywhere are celebrating the revolution :naughtydance:

Yes yes yes :P

A tank of weeds :lol: thanks man.

Congratulations on Nano of the Month! Gorgeous tank!

On photo 7 of 16 of your nano of the month posts, what is the green lettuce looking coral or algae in the photo with the Sailfin Blenny. It is very cool.

Thanks, Doug

Archived