Coral Vue Hydros

Nola's 10G Fusion - Nem Tank

Nola Bear

I really want to like the website rare reef but after five or six different orders this year I have yet to have a smooth transaction. However, they always seem to hook it up when there is a mistake. So I guess I just keep ordering. All that said, I received an order from them this morning that I made two weeks ago and had forgotten about. I had ordered two rock flowers and a smaller fragof maybe 10 to 12 blue Tubbs zoos. I received a small frag of zoas, but instead of my two rock flowers, I received A large Zoarock with relatively cheapo zoas. Boo! Now they are saying that they need to find out who got my order and who's order I got and once they figure that out they are expecting me to mail the other people these frags. Boo! Boo!

• Like 1

I've never dealt with them but that seems to be what others have reported. No bad intent, just disorganized. And the quality of the corals seems to help some customers deal with the inconvenience.

• Like 1

I've never dealt with them but that seems to be what others have reported. No bad intent, just disorganized. And the quality of the corals seems to help some customers deal with the inconvenience.

It's a bit redonkulous. On a side note, I came home from work today to find my new pistol shrimp shoulders deep in an rfa mouth. I reached in and gently pulled him and he came out fairly easily. Surprised about that. Even more surprised when I noticed he was still alive. He seems a bit dazed, like spankman in ghostbusters after being slimed, but he is still alive and seems okay for the most part. The wrasse took a swipe at him,so that might suggest otherwise. We will see. I have a pick of the shrimp in the rfa on my phone. Will post

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Had a couple of my rocks collapse on me last night. Mild panic attack. But after a f#%kton of glue and a bottle of vino, I was able to get everything back in place. Hope it will stay. Only lost one coral, a 1" piece of neon green Monti cap.

In other news, there was lobo vs rfa warfare a few nights ago, -and I was surprised to see that the lobo stood his ground and absolutely decimated my rock flower. Lobo is without a scratch.

Picked up a tailspot too. He's fitting right in, but I haven't really seen him take to the foods yet. I'm not sure if he just waits for me to leave the room first...

• Like 2

All seems to have stabilized. Fingers crossed. Did a 2gallon WC after the fiasco. Spoiled all my tank mates tonight with mysis and rods dinner;)

On another note--I'm fighting the bigger tank bug. Really want the IM SR60......so haut, want to touch the hiney.....<3

• Like 3

Thanks. Man, I can't get me enough of them. Subconsciously, I think I keep buying them so that I force my own hand on buying a bigger tank.

Need to post a new pic of my lemonade acro. It's really getting its colors back;(0)

Obsessed Reefer

On another note--I'm fighting the bigger tank bug. Really want the IM SR60......so haut, want to touch the hiney.....<3

My dream tank is a clown harem similar to what BRS had setup. One day...

• Like 1

Now ...the 6 pages had to end :(

I promise to add more. Have a couple new corals to show case. ;)

My dream tank is a clown harem similar to what BRS had setup. One day...

Oh yes, my friend. I just saw some lightning maroons tonight, a pair for close to four hundred. I'll take a harem of those badasses. I imagine it would just be a bloodbath though.....

I'm glad there wasn't any more damage. Sounds like the wine helped too :)

You're telling me. To be honest, the slight alteration (because you will never get it the way it was before, ever) is quite nice. It is nothing really, but I did get a little more light clearance from my rw4, so that is some silverish lining.

So I've been having a bit of a rough week I guess. (Reminder to self: It could always be much worse.) I've been in the hobby for a year now and though I'm still learning new things every day, I can happily say I have a solid mixed reef that's healthy and happy. That being said, I frequent the various local fish stores in the area, and I go to one in particular called marine warehouse every once in a while. But no more. I came today with my sister and my three-year-old daughter to buy water. As I paid for two corals and 15 gallons of water and checked out, there was an issue with one of the 5 gallon jugs of water. My sister noticed that her jug was missing and had been replaced by another. She simply asked to see if her jug might have been taken by someone else by accident. Ultimately, she wanted to know that she was getting the right water. And she wanted the jug that she came with, and why not? Not that big of a deal, right?

Anyway, the guy who worked there explained that the reason they did not give her her jug back and decided to replace with another is that the salinity was off. This was confusing. So I asked what the salinity was at and he, again, said it was off. That's it. I asked them what salt water did we just buy, and he showed me about 30 jugs of water that had been stacked and sitting in the back room. They would not tell me how long the water had been sitting, and when I asked for them to check the salinity. They, without exaggeration, became hostile, offensive, and refused. I have never been to any LFS that would not check the salinity of water that you were buying. I am amazed at how they acted, And I am appalled by their business ethics and customer service. I asked who the owner of the store was, and the guy said that he was. I'm not sure that I believe him. I just imagine someone who owns and runs an aquarium store wouldn't be so petty and disrespectful, especially to a paying customer with a young child no less. When I told him that we lived in the days of Yelp and forums, he said to make sure that I get his name right. It was Bryan.

Amazed and disgusted

The good news is that before the snafu, I did already purchase two nice corals, a plug fully encrusted with red planet and a mixed zoa plug (I know, I know... zoas hate me and I hate them, but these were so sexy.) I will post pics once they acclimate for a day or two.

Okay....I officially have the bug. I'm looking into a bigger tank. It's a ways off, unless I'm up for a divorce....I'm Looking into a ~60 gal long/wide and mimicking the IM design and building my own AIO acrylic false wall with chambers and . I'd either copy the 30L or the 40, which are slightly different.

I'm tirelessly looking at used tanks, but I find myself gravitating towards a new deep blue. Any thoughts or ideas or suggestions are welcome, please.

I want more fish, and I want to grow out my sps and othe corals into halfway decent colonies. I thought about a cube, but I want the fish to be able to swim.

Here are my copycat drawings of the false wall

post-89740-0-01961700-1479771357_thumb.jpg

post-89740-0-31978200-1479771367_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Welcome back! Same tank? What did you do to reboot?

Thanks!! I just picked up the two BtAs this last week. I've been here but I bought the Red Sea e260 (tank only) in November and so I have done the transfer of almost all my corals this last month. So, there wasn't a crash involved.

My wife and I also have a new baby, now 6months, and so I haven't been as active as I have been.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Just found my gold-stripe maroon at one of my lfs. He's super dope and straight from ORA farm. He's still really tiny, and he has the tank all to himself. I fear that my tailspot may have gotten too close to one of the BTAs. Either that or my murderous snapping shrimp pulled a power move on him. No matter, I will be keeping a close eye on my new little buddy. :D:wub::D

• Like 1

Wow, sounds exciting! Sorry about the tail spot, though. Tail spots just never seem to last more than a year or two from everything I've seen posted. It may just have been time :(

• Like 1

Added some macros to this tank. Dragon's breath. Red grape, and some other caulerpa. Want it to for filtration and to grow out to feed fish in the e260. I really like the dragons breath for the aesthetics too.

Wow, sounds exciting! Sorry about the tail spot, though. Tail spots just never seem to last more than a year or two from everything I've seen posted. It may just have been time :(

I hear ya. I won't be getting another tsb. I hope the same isn't true for the starry blenders because I recently added one to the e260. He's easily a family favorite and I hope to have him for a very long time.

• Like 1

My baby goldstripe maroon is already being hosted by the bta!! Pure awesomeness~ pics to come
Might need to pull the powerhead out of this tank. Hopefully the return is strong enough for what I have in there. Could replace the powerhead with a low flow powerhead like the koralia 240, not sure. Right now I have a Sicce 530 GPH and I think it is too much flow for the little clown and the bubble tips even though the bubble tips are fully open and expanded

• Like 1