ReefCleaners.org

Slow but Stony Red Sea Reefer Nano Build

iPhone

Current pics of tank, I still need to work on my aquascape and do some wire management.

This is the first time I have used fiji pink sand and I love the color!

I will also be ordering two innovative marine reactors for carbon and gfo.

I should be able to order them today,hopefully the cyber Monday deals are still going on.

IMG_1906_zpshy1qiluw.jpg

IMG_1905_zpszgwj9tyf.jpg

• Like 4

Thats not good! ive never heard of a reefer leaking yet! however knowing red sea i would expect a new system shortly!

Not good at all,I was so bummed when this happened. Hopefully red sea sends me a new sump and pipes asap,I've been stalling this build for way too long now.

if it's the pipes leaking, i had the same thing happen to me because i broke the o-ring on one of them. make sure the o-rings are flush when you install the pipes and don't overtighten things.

The main return pipe where the silencer goes on has a chip on the bottom part of the threads. I agree,the plumbing they offer with the tanks is very fragile.

just got off the phone with red sea,pretty much told them what happened and provided them with a video and all they said was they just need to figure out how to ship me my sump...great customer service!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

got my new sump on Thursday,not happy at all.

one panel is slanted,had a crack in one of the corners,and silicone job is very poor in the same exact corner my leak was in.

having bad luck with the front right corner,thats where my leak was in the first sump and now all the defects are in this spot lol.

I'm going to contact Red sea again on Monday to see if they can send me a new one because this isn't making anything better.

I don't want to be "that" customer but I feel like I deserve better.

IMG_1926_zpsxto9niv4.jpg

IMG_1928_zpscwzxvonn.jpg

IMG_1927_zpsryounzml.jpg

Hang in there. This stuff will get worked out and six months from now you won't remember it.

Gave them a call yesterday and they are once again sending me a new sump.this time I asked them to check it very good so I don't have to go through this anymore. hopefully after this replacement I can continue with the build.

• Like 1

well a lot has been going on with this damn tank. Not happy at all.

I set the tank up with a rubbermaid sump while I wait for the new one to arrive,hook all plumbing up and the return bulkhead/pipe decided to leak...I have no idea if it is the actual pipe leaking or the bulkhead. But the good thing is that it only leaks when the pump is on so I still have water in the display and I can still cycle...

I've already sent a vid to red sea but have to wait until Monday to get a reply,most likely they will send me a new pipe and hopefully that puts an end to these unfortunate events. If theres a problem with the tank then im just going to ask them to send me a new system and send this one back.

here are some pics,also painted the pvc red to make it look a little more sleek.

IMG_1962_zpssbwzphzg.jpg

IMG_1960_zpsayiyjswn.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about all the troubles you have been going through with your system.. I haven't read about many issues with these tanks and I am pretty surprised all of this is happening to you. It is a good thing they have been sending you new equipment/sumps though. Hopefully this is the last issue you come by and can move on to actually enjoying the hobby.

Love the painted pvc too

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about all the troubles you have been going through with your system.. I haven't read about many issues with these tanks and I am pretty surprised all of this is happening to you. It is a good thing they have been sending you new equipment/sumps though. Hopefully this is the last issue you come by and can move on to actually enjoying the hobby.

Love the painted pvc too

As far as I know this is the only system that is having issues lol, I'm also hoping this will be the last issue I will have with the tank. Crossing my fingers its just the pipe and not the tank.

Did u check the orings

yeah I checked o rings and threads both on bulkhead and threading on pipe,im going to drain the overflow box again and maybe swap the o ring from the emergency drain since its rarely used and see if that stops the issue.

I had to push the pipes in with a little force and I hand tightened mine. Haven't had a single problem with my tank I love it.

haha lucky! Wish I didn't have any problems and the tank was setup,heck im having fun just looking at the tank with nothing but water and rock in it.

• Like 1

contacted red sea this morning for the 100th time.

they're sending me a new return pipe along with a bucket of coral pro salt for the inconveniences I've been having.

they have outstanding customer service!

• Like 3