Top Shelf Aquatics

Drew's Office 45-F

drewgrano

16%252520-%2525201.jpg

16%252520-%2525201.jpg

So far so good. Zoas in the middle almost never open up... when they do they look healthy so I'm not sure what the issue is. Might try moving them and putting something else in the center. Idk.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice!..water changes?

I just disconnect my canister filter, dump the water out and fill it back up. So about a gallon a week.

Looks nice. Pom Pom crabs have small aptasia, anemones etc. it's how they protect themselves.

Yea I know, but not usually aptasia. He ditched it a few days after I posted about it anyways. Haven't seen any since so I'm hoping that problem is solved.

Really my only issue with the tank at the moment is the zoas. 95% of the day it's just an ugly purple mass.

Great pics! Those sps are looking happy. Love this little tank.

Thanks! I think things are browning a bit so I might try turning up my light a little. Hopefully that helps.

Husker fan huh? Where are you located? Sick tank ps

Currently, Texas. But I grew up in the Lincoln area. And thanks!

I love this tank, clean but interesting aquascape, and great pictures!

Thanks!

Yes this tank is lovely.

Thanks!

Here's a pic with Smiz's lid.

IMG_1409.JPG

I really love this tank. Great scape, you're making me want to setup an office tank :)

Thanks! I highly suggest an office tank.

Beautiful tank! What SW are you using, and are you supplementing/feeding anything for the SPS?

Thanks! I buy the pre-mixed water from Petco. Yes it's more expensive, but for such a small tank and it being at work it's so much nicer to just use the pre-mixed stuff.

I throw some Coral Frenzy in the tank 2-3 times a week and add a couple drops of Nyos Absolute Aminos and Nyos Coral Nectar 2-3 times per week too. That's it. If you compare my FTS pics, you can see the growth I'm getting by comparing the coral in the top left. I'm happy with it.

coral.PNG

• 1 year later...

Do you still have this tank up and running? I have an ADA 45-f and I'm going to attempt the same type of setup you've got. It's my first try with a small tank, hopefully it all goes well. Just purchased the canister filter today, so I'm going to fiddle with that for a bit. Rock, sand, and salt are in the mail.

Archived