Innovative Marine Aquariums

Drew's Office 45-F

drewgrano

You could use a flat clear coat in a can, won't know the difference and you'll be almost certain it won't rust. Just an idea. Love the metal look, very industrial high class look.

Maybe I missed it but why the light change, since you already had a NB

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could use a flat clear coat in a can, won't know the difference and you'll be almost certain it won't rust. Just an idea. Love the metal look, very industrial high class look.

Maybe I missed it but why the light change, since you already had a NB

I decided to put a tank up at home. Not sure yet which light I want to use where. (also, I'm just a sucker for new things)

Awesome light. Didn't you have a nanobox on there?

Before?

Yup, sure did. But the 4 channel dimming and Bluefish are way worth the upgrade IMO. Plus now I can put up a second tank.

cool tank! very simple. how is the cannister filter working?

It's working out great so far. Being at work I really want everything to be as easy as possible. I just disconnect the filter, walk it to the sink, dump the water, fill it back up, reconnect and I'm done. Weekly cleaning/maintenance takes about 20 minutes.

That new light looks bad@$$ over the tank!

Thanks! I agree.

So nice. How do you like the multi channel dimming?

As well the unit has a clear coat on both. You should be just fine. :)

-D

Love the multi channel dimming and bluefish controller. I got very little work done today because I kept tweaking it. I got a couple of questions for you though:

1. My fan isn't on all the time even though I have it at 80% morning, midday, night, etc. Seems to turn on at random times. Is that normal?

Edit: Appears the fan turns off during ramping, is that correct?

2. I can't get the Bluefish to connect to my WIFI at work. Which is fine I got it to work with my phone's hotspot no problem. But will it continue to work at night when I leave and over the weekends? Does it just remember that day's weather and simulate that day over and over or something until I reconnect it to my phone?

Thanks!

How high above the water did you mount the new light? Your tank convinced me to go back to a tide and it'll be over my 60f

It's about 5" above the water at the moment.

Great pics! I love all the sps.

Thanks, glad I decided to throw more sps in than originally planned.

found the thread! tank is looking awesome. what the plumbing on the left connected to your canister filter? some diy stuff?

Thanks! Yea it's just a diy thing made out of this: http://kitkraft.com/1-2-_Square_Tube/?

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a pocillopora crab, a white porcelain crab, two pom pom crabs and a candy cane pistol shrimp yesterday. Once my lid from Smiz gets here I'll add a goby for the pistol shrimp.

Only problem I've noticed so far is a few very small aiptasia. :angry: I attempted to bury them lol. We'll see.

Awesome invert collection. I find different infects to be more fun than fish. I would kill those aptasia, burying them won't work IMO. The aptasia are the most hard tot kill.

Welp... just acclimated and added the crabs and shrimp. Within about 45 seconds of putting the porcelain crab in the tank he walked over to the flower nem, and the flower nem promptly ATE him. What the heck!?!?

15%252520-%2525201.jpg

And my pocillopora crab is HUGE. Probably have to take him to the LFS :(

Well that sucks. There is always some points in the hobby that make you say WTF? That's weird your flower ate him, usually those crabs hang out under the nems. Mine always hung out under the bta no issue.

Good news is that my pom pom crabs are the opposite of shy. They were hiding when I got here this morning but are both out and about right now. One dug his own little cave for himself which was pretty cool to watch. They want absolutely nothing to do with each other though which is a bummer. They "fight" every time they get close to each other.

15%252520-%2525201.jpg

Mine just happened to be boy/girl. The girl carries eggs under the belly, there bright red. Who knows maybe they will get along later. Not sure if they change sex, I doubt it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived