Coral Vue Hydros

Amazing Anemone for my 12 gallon!

BRN

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey mate, how's your system going? What's new? :D

Hey, just working a lot..... went out yesterday to buy corals.... inc picture dump!

Sorry for lack of updates, been working a lot lately. Tank's doing great, prefect parameters with new corals and fish! :D (and a bacterial bloom)

11-16-2015

20151115_1250001_zpsdidtgah9.jpg

New ORANGE sponge- Orange under white light, pink under light blues, and red under deep royal. excuse the bacterial bloom.

20151115_1240201_zpstndvuvau.jpg

Electric Flame Scallop - Him, the feather duster, and sponge are eating oyster feast, currently.

20151115_1243491_zpsz0eonehj.jpg

The new fish, a bi-colored blenny, hes awesome and picked the perfect "nest"

20151115_1242581_zpscdeka8cd.jpg

Mini SCOLLY time! My camera doesn't do these guys justice. Rainbow in the front, Dragon eye in the back. Sorry about the focus. Getting a canon 70d soon.

20151115_1249261_zpsdamhtbe3.jpg

TOP DOWN SHOT 20151115_1243151_zpsjbr421qw.jpg

Excuse the blurry pictures its what i could snap before work, ill take better ones later, and again my camera doesn't do this one justice.

Purple, green/blue, and pink acro-with neon green polyps.

20151115_1245121_zpsysnvlapp.jpg

i see...

Side note - i had to move my heater lower in my marine pac and now the shelf for the heater is open, im thinking about putting another mame skimmer in there....

just fine keep it there. i wouldnt want it to much higher

I agree to this. You're lucky, I had to dose mine with a nice 5dkh reading :(.

Good work with the new corals.

What do you use to control your lights?

I agree to this. You're lucky, I had to dose mine with a nice 5dkh reading :(.

Good work with the new corals.

What do you use to control your lights?

Thanks

the Radion has a controller built into it, but you can also access it wirelessly with reef link by ecotech marine. its auto-dimmed throughout the day and changes the spectrum actively.

tbh id leave it out. there isnt much reason to skim that much. the tank isnt that big and water changes do most of the work anyways

Ahh okay, i already carbon dose for low nutrients... filled the top part of the Marine pac 3 with macro algae, mini fug

so. many. pods. ermg

I didn't know you weren't using the nano box that comes with the MP3. Interesting change :)

Im getting a reef link for my fluval, gonna control my tank with a smartwatch.

Ive decided to continue using the radion because i have an EPIC plan for neils light youll see :)

youre on the right track. what lfs do you use? i see youre from ohio

I go to anyone i can find man, From Cleveland to Columbus my favorite one is in Findlay, Ohio. Its called changing tide aquatics. It's a drive, but his quality and knowledge are unmatched (for me atleast, so far in ohio) its a newer store, hes still expanding. 11/10 would recommend.

I'm following :D

Ill try and update more, ive got a shit ton to talk about Carbon dosing results, parameter levels, tank food (now that i own way more then any one human should).

great pics and great new corals!

But I fear I go blind, because I can't find the blenny in that one shot B)

hes curled up above the zoas in that large indent in the rock :D

So cool little techie update, picked up a few things at walmart, a par 20 led bulb (warm white), bulb adapters, extension cords, a switch for the extension cord, and a christmas tree wireless light controller.

I put my return pump for my Marine Pac 3 and my mp10 on a power strip and hooked that strip it to that lighting controller so now when i want to feed, i can cut my pumps with a push of a button- wirelessly-total cost 15 bucks.

I also made a refugeium light in the back of my MP3 for algae and pods. I plugged the led bulb into an adapter, so it goes straight from a power cord for a shining par 20. at the start of the cord i added a little on and off switch so i can turn on the fug light without climbing over all of my wires-for stable PH at night. Pictures of the whole setup tomorrow, with future plans!

hmmmmm... I think I ....

will wait for your new camera.

Yeah, my phone freaks out on blue and orange light, cant focus on shit!

Archived