BRN

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20150903_1627161_zpsuvktvjx4.jpg

20150903_1627111_zpsxj0i3cnb.jpg

Just a couple of main tank shots.

20150903_2204101_zpsiepqmw9v.jpg

20150903_2204241_zpsoy0mlbxa.jpgThe GSP is PISSED the emerald crabs are nipping at it. I took it out after i shot this picture.

20150903_2204281_zps4fibh7c1.jpg

Top down

20150903_2204381_zpsspq8fgrs.jpg

Stopped by Goodwill and the local fish store today...Needless to say i bought a few things. :happy:

• Coral life 11" t5 dual light 12k white and actinic light - (he sold it to me for 20 bucks, it was brand new). What a steal...
  • A south sea dry rock, has a bunch of dead coral and clam shells on it. Pretty cool, he recommended it to me because i mentioned i wanted to chisel tunnels. SUPER soft rock. perfect for mantis shrimp and eels apparently. Anyway i chiseled 20 holes in total 16 of which are connected to tunnels (the same tunnel) awesome stuff.
  • 2 digital thermometers - i'm not replacing my glass ones, i'm just adding redundancy.

The last thing was from Goodwill cost me a whole dollar. It's an older wood cd case holder, perfect for fishy accessories!

Coral life 11'' T5 - 20$ - the unit will also stick to glass for refugeiums, which is what ill be using it for soon...awesome

20150904_2044171_zpshwhzvsyh.jpg

20150904_2044281_zps0skurxlz.jpg

The dry rock for my 17 gallon eel tank.

20150904_2215161_zpsodk7ndyr.jpg

The tunnels i chiseled (these are just the start of the tunnels. they all come to an end in the cave).

20150904_2215241_zpssxl5snt9.jpg

The right side of the cave where all of the tunnels end.

20150904_2215381_zps0v9frqvw.jpg

Goodwill Cd case holder - 1$ :D - it slides open like a bread box.

20150904_2240561_zpsw1etdn5y.jpg

20150904_2241431_zps2yiv2wz3.jpg

Bonus picture - funshot. His master plan to escape. The king of snails, literally hitchhiking his way to victory.

20150904_2220381_zps9sxhjjgt.jpg

Thats all for today going to a coral store soon, i cant wait!

-BRN

Awesome score! I especially like the old cd case. All my stuff gets thrown under the cabinet in random piles :(

Haha same!!!! now i have some structure, horay for organization!

Awesome score! I especially like the old cd case. All my stuff gets thrown under the cabinet in random piles :(

I was thinking about sanding it down, maybe painting it, maybe not idk yet.

Tank looks great! How did you mount the Radion?

Thanks! I just sat it on top of the fluval metal mesh tbh lol. It stays put, and its the exact dems as the hood so if you really wanted, you could mount it on the inside of the hood.

Who just spent 200 dollars on coral? NOT ME

jk i totally did. Got a live rock for my eel too.

Also a 18 inch coral feeder that extends to 36 inches and has a poker for feeding eels.

Acclimation.... :haha:

ACAN teaser 1 of 2 acans

20150905_2109531_zps9oi42kwi.jpg

Fish stores display tank, no sump no protein skimmer. Just 5 hang on the back filters....crazy its been running for 2 years....

20150905_1736521_zps7xhdk0fn.jpg

20150905_1736461_zpsti7rg1lj.jpg

anemone is 1, and the size of a beach ball.

20150905_1736281_zpsagp99so1.jpg

20150905_1736201_zpsrbthpzh1.jpg

Totally encrusted and totally insane.

FUN shot - Ally the alligator shes 2 years old and super awesome. She had a HUGEEEEE tank.

20150905_1804061_zpsxehwu34p.jpg

Thanks! I just sat it on top of the fluval metal mesh tbh lol. It stays put, and its the exact dems as the hood so if you really wanted, you could mount it on the inside of the hood.

So did you take the metal mesh away so the light shines through and then it just sits on top of the plastic? What sort of intensity do you run it at? Did you get the reeflink or just plug and play? (sorry for all the questions)

So did you take the metal mesh away so the light shines through and then it just sits on top of the plastic? What sort of intensity do you run it at? Did you get the reeflink or just plug and play? (sorry for all the questions)

Questions are great! I left the mesh in-tacked where the actual light shines through,it gives it the shimmer i like. The back half of the mesh is cut out to let me feed, check the filter, and hang the protein skimmer.

Im not running the reeflink on this because im getting the marine pac 3 for it. If i wasnt getting the Marine pac 3 i would of gotten the reef link. I will have the reef link on my eel tank though. As for intensity i manage it on ecosmartlive.com, i set it at 45%, ramp it up to 55%, then back down to 45%. So if you are looking for intensity i would go for 50%. If you have this light i would go on ecosmartlive.com and set it up. For the best results (no bleaching) i would but it on coral color and 50% run it for 8 hours a day. I run mine for 11 hours because i vodka dose. I would not recommend running it for 11 hours though because when i didnt dose i had some nuisance algae. Mostly plug in play, actually it was plug in, unplug, tinker, plugin, unplug, tinker, and plug back in, etc until i was happy.

Thanks for stopping by if you have any questions let me know.

Forgot to update the thread. The night I got the coral shipment from kyle, I fried my motherboard in my computer. Possibly more things... I'll have to wait and see what's all damaged after I fix my motherboard. I should be able to do it this weekend with spare parts I have laying around. :( so no new pics until after the weekend

Now I know who steal my deal...haha...j/k

I got also got a dendro and starburst monti from him.

Sorry to hear bout your mobo, hope you got it fixed or replaced.

Haha my girlfriend wanted me to get the dendro and the monti too but I told her I didn't want to take too much from the reefers! Which of the three were you gonna get?

I'll fix the mobo this weekend, I'm pretty computer savy, it's what I did before I got my current job.

Oh ya forgot to mention I took one of the emerald crabs out of the fluval edge because he was eating my single Duncan and knocking over my zoas! The terror is over! Off with his head!! Jk Jk he's in the crab tank for now. My Duncans and zoas are already 10 times better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived