Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Begow's Fusion 30L // Lets Do This One Right

Begow

Any links? I searched for it but couldn't find much but cheap clip ons..

Also, is it mountable? The wife is 100% not cool with the ceiling thing because I have really high ceilings.

Most aren't mountable, but you can use some brackets and a few screws to mount off the wall. Reefbreeders sells value fixtures cheap as well.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most aren't mountable, but you can use some brackets and a few screws to mount off the wall. Reefbreeders sells value fixtures cheap as well.

I've seen the reef breeders.. It seems ANY LED route is going to be pricey on a 36" tank. I really don't mind T5's because they're reliable, but the LED look is so much better imo.

I've seen the reef breeders.. It seems ANY LED route is going to be pricey on a 36" tank. I really don't mind T5's because they're reliable, but the LED look is so much better imo.

Maybe you could get these two fixtures for $150, and sell the Tide for around $250?

Mars Aqua units have great reviews. There are also a bunch of DIYs about making light trees

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-Dimmable-165W-LED-Aquarium-Light-Full-Spectrum-Reef-Coral-102W-Power-Draw-/221464823855?hash=item339055082f

Maybe you could get these two fixtures for $150, and sell the Tide for around $250?

Mars Aqua units have great reviews. There are also a bunch of DIYs about making light trees

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-Dimmable-165W-LED-Aquarium-Light-Full-Spectrum-Reef-Coral-102W-Power-Draw-/221464823855?hash=item339055082f

No ####ing way I'd ever sell this Mini-Tide for $250 haha. This is one of the OG MiniTide's, no controller, awkward gooseneck connection point, and like the super old array. According to Dave it's one of the first Mini-Tides he ever made.

Sell the light and get a Gen 1 Radion. Boom. Problem solved.

Still couldn't get the cash for a Gen 1 Radion from this Mini-Tide I'm pretty sure.

I know of a gen 1 Radion for $185 shipped.

I got my Gen 2s for 250.

Damn that isnt too bad. I need to try and sell this maybe then. A single radion will cover 36"? I've only had the XR15 Pro on my 20 Fusion.

I got my Gen 2s for 250.

Also.. where is this radion you speak of?

Damn that isnt too bad. I need to try and sell this maybe then. A single radion will cover 36"? I've only had the XR15 Pro on my 20 Fusion.

Also.. where is this radion you speak of?

A few people using a single Radion on tanks that size. I had a gen 2 on a 75 gallon, coverage was actually good.

A few people using a single Radion on tanks that size. I had a gen 2 on a 75 gallon, coverage was actually good.

Nice!

My wife and I are both sad with how dark the tank looks now! Need to look for a new light

I got my Gen 2s for 250.

I hope this price includes the mount as well braaap......his little woman demands it!

Hey begow......can your wife sell some eggs?

matter of fact, low light corals loved the outter edges. IT was perfect.

Nice!

I hope this price includes the mount as well braaap......his little woman demands it!

Hey begow......can your wife sell some eggs?

Eggs from what?

Her uterus. lol

I'll check and see if he still has it. Top secret source. No mount.

Nah gotta save those eggs. :P

And yeah lmk, Idk how quickly I could get the money but yeah. I could try.

Looks plenty bright to me.

Hopefully it works out, eventually I'll need something but there's no way a Mini-Tide will be enough for 36"

Well just a quick update, I picked up a AI Prime tonight along with the mounting bracket, so hopefully I'll get that by Friday. Since the transfer over to the 30L everything looks AMAZING! All my zoas are 100% open and coloring back up. SPS is already back on the grind, looking great.

I'm thrilled with the tank so far, it is a beautiful system and my corals are already looking great.

I got the Banana Wrasse out of the tank, during a water change he literally swam up to the siphon tube and I sucked him right out. I gave him to my neighbor, he has a predator tank.

My LFS is getting my Midas Blenny in tomorrow, thrilled!!!!

I'll snap some pics once I get the chance, lights are already off tonight.

Some quick snaps this evening, my new light will be here Monday!!!!!! I am really considering doing a Dwarf Golden Eel... Still reading into it some.

As you can see all of my coral is recovering very well:

This Rasta frag has some Reef Tech Monti on it not sure how Im going to handle that once the monti starts to grow:

MPBBijF.jpg?1

Bubblegum Monster Chalice:

CiHkfXO.jpg?1

The one thing looking worse since the upgrade, my frogspawn:

XliR0kl.jpg?1

ORA Red Planet, looking mighty green:

l5zW15r.jpg?1

Reef Tech Star Burst Monti hopefully making a come back:

lxVNgNj.jpg?1

Well the new light came in today, and after a few hiccups I got it all up and running and I'm pretty happy with the spectrum and wifi capabilities. I put it on my "soft" side of the tank so it should do great with the zoas etc. Here are some pics. I also picked up a Midas Blenny, probably the prettiest one I've ever seen, he's nearly all pink with a very small strip of yellow on his upper back. I have a shitty picture of him but Ill snap more once he's actually coming out of the rockwork.

6LtCQuy.jpg

Ikwnnar.jpg

bm0sJsW.jpg?1

Congratulations man... You out a lot of effort into this and it shows :)

Thank you sir. So I've been trying to bulk up my clean up crew some with some new snails and not just getting the cheap shitty ones. I picked up 3 Trochus (spelling maybe) for $2.50 a piece, and over night they demolished like 75% of my diatoms on the starboard, easily. I'll definitely be looking to pick up another 5-10 of these guys.

Thank you sir. So I've been trying to bulk up my clean up crew some with some new snails and not just getting the cheap shitty ones. I picked up 3 Trochus (spelling maybe) for $2.50 a piece, and over night they demolished like 75% of my diatoms on the starboard, easily. I'll definitely be looking to pick up another 5-10 of these guys.

If they actually took out 75%, I wouldn't get more just yet. You don't want to run out of algae!

I would reccomend getting a small pack from reefcleaners for under $20. Assorted cleaners for assorted jobs :)

Archived