Pod Your Reef

Begow's Fusion 30L // Lets Do This One Right

Begow

OH that would look pretty awesome. TBH you might need to do some basic reinforcements of the corners or such, but that seems like a pretty cool stand for a AIO

Well the reinforcement part is where I am clueless, how could I possibly reinforce this and keep it looking good to the eye?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

I'm asking on Lawn's thread, hopefully some of those contractor types can help haha

Hopefully- I haven't build too much stuff in my life haha. Built a cool desk with online plans, but I ended up ####ing up the top finish so it was impossible to write on lol

Came expecting a watery box, leaving sad..... :lol: Excited for your build,man

Me too man! I accidentally overdrafted my account by like $200 this weekend, so the stand might be out of the picture this weekend too. Although I did make great money over the weekend, so it might not be out of the picture completely!

But check this out! Build plans for my tank stand!!

bpxxyG4.jpg

HarryPotter

Wow that stand is VERY overkill lol! Dude that'll hold like 1000lbs, if not more.

Did you see the link I sent you? It also tells you dimensions of each piece required but is MUCH simpler than the above one

Wow that stand is VERY overkill lol! Dude that'll hold like 1000lbs, if not more.

Did you see the link I sent you? It also tells you dimensions of each piece required but is MUCH simpler than the above one

Lol I went overboard with the design, but I like piece of mind ;)

What's everyone's opinion on dosing in a 30 gallon? Is it really a necessity in a small system like this with weekly water changes? Just trying to plan out some more, and could pick up a relatively cheap doser one day.

I had to dose my 30L when I had it stocked. I'd suggest waiting until your water changes arent enough to replenish the alk, calc, and mag usage of your tank between water changes.

Good idea, I'll probably still consider picking up one of those Jebao Dosers.

I'm also brain storming on what I'm going to do for my lighting. I currently have a very very very old Nano Box, one of the first Mini Tides ever made, and it clearly won't be enough for the entire tank. So, I'm thinking either getting another mini-tide, but I also really like the Kessils. I should see if Dave from Nano Box is still making the 24" Duo fixtures, but realistically I just don't see a $400+ fixture in my future. That's what I like so much about the kessils, they're cheap!

All depends on your livestock choices. Some people have to dose in a 10 gallon tank.

See I don't see how that's possible lol, I had my tank PACKED with corals including 5+ SPS frags and ran it no problem for a year with just water changes. Had great growth and coloration + polyp extension.

The toilet broke on us today, so now I'll need to repair that. Wife needs money for groceries, I'm beginning to think I'm going to get out of the hobby. With my wife not working anymore I just don't have the income to keep up with this anymore. I had money set aside for my stand, but now with all this shit I won't have it... again. I might just get out until my wife can contribute to our income, and then possibly get back into it. Sick of struggling and having a reef isn't going to help that status at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Update for the weekend:

Tonight I did another water change and vacuumed my sandbed. Friday my Starboard came in for the 30L and is beautifully cut and looks great.

I picked up my new coral from the LFS and it's all acclimated and looking great! Tuesday my stand comes in, and I hope to have the water made up by then, I need to pick up a trash can for mixing, maybe my LFS will let me just borrow one for a night or two, they have nice ones with wheels etc.

Here are some pics:

ORA Red Planet is making a HUGE come back:

w7Gfyhi.jpg

New Bubblegum Monster Chalice:

pyRuhkU.jpg

3eh4a8D.jpg

Reeftech Monti:

Kbgm7QY.jpg

Rasta polyps are already back open which makes me so happy!!!

3jMHP6L.jpg

Frogspawn:

AtOz1si.jpg

Utter Chaos and Rasta Polyps:

GWas6fF.jpg

A fuzzy picture of my Pom Pom creeping out at night, glad I caught him! He's getting huge!!!

SCgEN3P.jpg

Tuesday I will have the tank set up and running hopefully! I'm stoked.

Well I got the stand set up last night, I ordered the Starboard too big so I need to trim that down, once I do that and get some water made this tank will be up and running!

Pics?

Going to post some pictures this weekend some time, I actually have the entire tank up and running. Everything is transferred over and I'm turning my Fusion 10 into a Beta tank for the wife.

I am in DESPERATE need of a light, this one Mini-Tide is not going to cut it. I'm probably just going to go with a cheap-o Aquatraders.com T5 Fixture.

Going to post some pictures this weekend some time, I actually have the entire tank up and running. Everything is transferred over and I'm turning my Fusion 10 into a Beta tank for the wife.

I am in DESPERATE need of a light, this one Mini-Tide is not going to cut it. I'm probably just going to go with a cheap-o Aquatraders.com T5 Fixture.

Don't cheap out!

Don't cheap out!

It would be a temporary thing, but once you see the pics you will understand why I need a new light.

FhsucFo.jpg

54LB2SI.jpg

So as you can see, the tank is VERY dark.. I need to get the light centered over the tank obviously but I just haven't had time to dremel the gooseneck yet to make it fit on the 30L.

Maybe don't buy the T5 fixture and just wait to get a new mini tide? They are on sale- maybe you could ask Dave to hold one for you with a down payment.

Maybe don't buy the T5 fixture and just wait to get a new mini tide? They are on sale- maybe you could ask Dave to hold one for you with a down payment.

It'll just take me a bit to save up for it sadly. And with the one Mini-Tide the tank looks like shit because it's just not enough, obviously.

It'll just take me a bit to save up for it sadly. And with the one Mini-Tide the tank looks like shit because it's just not enough, obviously.

You can grab a black box unit off of ebay for pretty cheap. I put the Arctic something or other over my 40b....lights the entire tank and color is 100% adjustable with built in timer/light schedule. Actually been a great light for the past 8 months or so........gets the job done on the cheap.

You can grab a black box unit off of ebay for pretty cheap. I put the Arctic something or other over my 40b....lights the entire tank and color is 100% adjustable with built in timer/light schedule. Actually been a great light for the past 8 months or so........gets the job done on the cheap.

Any links? I searched for it but couldn't find much but cheap clip ons..

Also, is it mountable? The wife is 100% not cool with the ceiling thing because I have really high ceilings.

Archived