Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Begow's Fusion 30L // Lets Do This One Right

Begow

If they actually took out 75%, I wouldn't get more just yet. You don't want to run out of algae!

I would reccomend getting a small pack from reefcleaners for under $20. Assorted cleaners for assorted jobs :)

For sure, I try to stay away from Hermits.. and last time I ordered from him I got a few of those welks, which I wasn't thrilled with.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont think reefcleaner sells trochus or turbos as part of his packs unless you pay for next day shipping...shame since they are best at cleaning up algae. Dwarf ceriths dont do much. Nerites just want escape to their own death.

Dont think reefcleaner sells trochus or turbos as part of his packs unless you pay for next day shipping...shame since they are best at cleaning up algae. Dwarf ceriths dont do much. Nerites just want escape to their own death.

I'm not sure I'd go with a pack, I already have a bunch of different species of snails from my old set up but I'm really impressed with the trochus so I'd probably just order some separately.

Some pics from tonight:

Pics of the Midas Blenny that's finally coming out of the rock work, I can't believe how pink this guy is

A5CjTOX.jpg?1

xdI8Iwk.jpg?1

fwiWsJY.jpg?1

Rasta's making a good come back:

gnp3h9E.jpg?1

Utter Chaos:

WMwoM7j.jpg?1

ORA Red Planet with good PE:

SB2sSOS.jpg?1

you just reminded me I want a midas too =P

Such cool fish man. Tonight my son was being super whiny and I sat him on my leg in front of the tank and he finally noticed the Midas when he came out of the rock work and was just mesmerized, every time the fish came out of the rocks my son just lit up. It was a pretty cool moment.

Finally! :P

dude I'm so stoked. My wife is excited too because she wanted a bigger tank as well!

That's one of the hardest parts, getting your wife onboard with not just a tank but a LARGER tank. The hard parts done. Look forward to this build, hopefully you'll keep it for a while.

That's one of the hardest parts, getting your wife onboard with not just a tank but a LARGER tank. The hard parts done. Look forward to this build, hopefully you'll keep it for a while.

Yeah I'll be with this tank until we buy a new house which probably won't be for another 7-8 months probably. I'm pretty satisfied with this tank so far, and yeah I'm really glad she was cool with a bigger tank, she really likes it! :P

I noticed you got a prime. How do you like it? I just bought a white used one from here and It'll arrive on Saturday.

So far so good, I have it dialed in to have pretty much an identical spectrum color as my Mini-Tide until I can afford another Prime. I'm pretty thrilled with the light overall. I had a few hiccups with the computer based website, but I got it fixed and now I'm smooth sailing. I guess the PAR on them is overall pretty crappy, but I have a shallow tank and keep most of my light SPS up top. Today my zoas were more flat compared to the outstretched look they usually have.

So far so good, I have it dialed in to have pretty much an identical spectrum color as my Mini-Tide until I can afford another Prime. I'm pretty thrilled with the light overall. I had a few hiccups with the computer based website, but I got it fixed and now I'm smooth sailing. I guess the PAR on them is overall pretty crappy, but I have a shallow tank and keep most of my light SPS up top. Today my zoas were more flat compared to the outstretched look they usually have.

Yeah the par numbers aren't as great as everyone thought they'd be or what AI advertised. But I've seen many tanks with Primes supporting large colonies of SPS. Most people that have it seem to love it, and for the price you get a lot more than other LEDs on the market. I'll be mostly keeping LPS, softies and Maybe a few frags of easy SPS such as Monti or BirdsNest so I don't need a crazy output LED. For most peoples needs the PAR will work. I'm mostly excited about the controlability such as moon cycle, weather, and individual channels and the build in WIFI to hook up direct to smartphones. A lot of cool features in a small package.

Yeah the par numbers aren't as great as everyone thought they'd be or what AI advertised. But I've seen many tanks with Primes supporting large colonies of SPS. Most people that have it seem so love it, and for the price you get a lot more than other LEDs on the market. I'll be mostly keeping LPS, softies and Maybe a few frags of easy SPS such as Monti or BirdsNest so I don't need a crazy output LED. For most peoples needs the PAR will work. Im mostly excited about the controlability such as moon cycle, weather, and individual channels and the build in WIFI to hook up direct to smartphones. A lot of cool features in a small package.

Yeah the features plus price point and what I keep was all I needed to know. I keep very easy SPS, so I think I'll be fine with those. I'm going to try and sell my Mini-Tide so I can buy another Prime and hopefully it'll work! Haha, otherwise I guess I'll be a zoa and LPS type guy :P

Today my filter socks came in with for the 30L. I really am impressed with a lot of the stuff IM is putting out, these things were a perfect fit and make it where ALL the water from the overflow goes directly into the sock, I'm really thrilled to see the clarity of the tank once I wake up.

Today my filter socks came in with for the 30L. I really am impressed with a lot of the stuff IM is putting out, these things were a perfect fit and make it where ALL the water from the overflow goes directly into the sock, I'm really thrilled to see the clarity of the tank once I wake up.

Pictures :)

Utter chaos! thats on my dream list

Yeah it's one of my favorites as well, I'm still hoping all my other zoanthids color up after my crash. I have Latin Lover's and Sunny D's that are very bland and brown right now.

Pictures :)

I'll try to snap a few tomorrow before work. I'm in the process of making my own knife by hand, and tomorrow I have to run by my families shop to get it drilled so I'll see if I have time :D

Got a new Golden Torch today in a trade, I'm really really stoked as it's one of my favorite corals.

You can see the Midas Blenny creeping in this photo :P

2NjANXI.jpg?1

OKm97R9.jpg?1

It's still a little closed up, but it's already gorgeous.

Hey Dude!!! I thought you still had the Fusion 10 running, didnt even see that you started a 30L. Congrats! We must have similar tastes cause I've been lusting after a Midas Blenny and Golden Torch for months! Tank is looking great!!

Hey Dude!!! I thought you still had the Fusion 10 running, didnt even see that you started a 30L. Congrats! We must have similar tastes cause I've been lusting after a Midas Blenny and Golden Torch for months! Tank is looking great!!

haha thanks man, yeah I love all of the new additions and I've gotten most of it in trade which has been awesome!

Tonight I broadcast fed the entire tank and spot fed all my corals. I always do a very big feeding the night before a water change, even my chalice opened up a little and ate which was cool.

I used; Reef Roids, Reef Chili, ESV Phytoplankton, pellets, flakes (which my fish didn't take to at all), and after my lights are out I'll be doing a dose of KZ Coral Vitalizer as well.

haha thanks man, yeah I love all of the new additions and I've gotten most of it in trade which has been awesome!

Tonight I broadcast fed the entire tank and spot fed all my corals. I always do a very big feeding the night before a water change, even my chalice opened up a little and ate which was cool.

I used; Reef Roids, Reef Chili, ESV Phytoplankton, pellets, flakes (which my fish didn't take to at all), and after my lights are out I'll be doing a dose of KZ Coral Vitalizer as well.

Lol you're going to have diatoms galore tomorrow morning!

haha yeah, but I have those glorius trochus snails and a big water change tomorrow too :D

I'm more of an over feeder than under and just try to keep up with water changes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man I finally got a good pic of that rasta/reef tech frag for you :P

I also snapped a great picture of my Midad Blenny today!

JxPNmtU.jpg

rJC8kGu.jpg

Hey man I finally got a good pic of that rasta/reef tech frag for you :P

I also snapped a great picture of my Midad Blenny today!

JxPNmtU.jpg

rJC8kGu.jpg

Looks awesome!

Issue is you're in Ocala and I'm in South Miami, plus at the moment buying all the rastas is too much $$ for me.

Looks awesome!

Issue is you're in Ocala and I'm in South Miami, plus at the moment buying all the rastas is too much $$ for me.

I was mainly just showing you because you said you wanted to see them, I'm mainly look for trades atm.

I was mainly just showing you because you said you wanted to see them, I'm mainly look for trades atm.

Oh I have a lot of assorted Montipora for trade, neon green, purple, red, Montipora Undata, Sunset Montipora, and more!

Archived