Cultivated Reef

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

I did the same thing. Sucked on it, blew through it and jerked the pump up and down trying to get it to prime.

OMG that sounds really bad. :lol:

not familiar with tunze...what's the diameter of the hosing?
HarryPotter

The tunze pump gets air bubbles if the water level gets below it. You have to turn it upside down to prime it in my experience if you let it get that low.

Mine has been reliable, Tunze osmulator. Only complaints is that it overfills when power cycled.

• Like 1

That's annoying! And these tanks evaporate a lot :(

Yes they do. How is it under your stand.....mines like a rain forest. ...need to hook up a little fan under mine to help get the moisture out.

Grassy ass, me amego!

I was just thinking of selling off all my old equipment...I got that job today and Erin also passed the ob/gyn registry today with flying colors. We're hoping to have our own place before Christmas now so I give it a year before I get a nice beefy tank and will need all that equipment. :)

Great things to come, P-Cakes! Happy things are coming together for you two kids :^ )

I did the same thing. Sucked on it, blew through it and jerked the pump up and down trying to get it to prime.

OMG that sounds really bad. :lol:

Pretty sure we were doing the exact same moves 24 hours apart.................I wonder how many people across the globe were doing the exact same thing as we were at the same time as us? #### you, Roger.

So new tunze pump showed up today. Plug it in it won't prime and barley pushes water 2inches up the tubing. :( I wonder if somehow the power supply is shot? Gonna box this bitch up and send it to tunze without going through roger.

Why not just swap the power supply? It's just a 12v DC pump, right?

cause this thing has been a pos since day one. Supposed to have a warranty they should honor it. Instead you go back and forth with the product rep. Gonna try another power supply but still sending it in as it overflows my tank on a regular basis

My giant wondering RFA is on the move again....who knows what I'll find when I return this afternoon......hopefully he's not going on a rampage.

I did pick up a big ol chunk of GSP. The stuff glows a yellowish gold under the blues.....even took a picture in natural sunlight this morning.

• Like 3

My giant wondering RFA is on the move again....who knows what I'll find when I return this afternoon......hopefully he's not going on a rampage.

I did pick up a big ol chunk of GSP. The stuff glows a yellowish gold under the blues.....even took a picture in natural sunlight this morning.

Well?!? Where's the photo?

I know a good home for your purple and green beastie....

• Like 3
Slowtwitch

So.....my Tunze ATO (3155) had to have the power supply replaced....bought it off of Amazon as directed by Tunze (Rodger). Worked great. Now the damn pump won't pump when it's time to start filling....just a loud vibrating hum every few minutes. Turned it over and poked at the little impeller thing and it'll start pumping a tiny stream. Drop it back nine the reservoir and it won't continue pumping....back to the loud humming. Sent Rodger with Tunze another email.....we'll see what he says. I'm sure I'll be buying a replacement pump on Amazon later.

Are these things junk?

I just had the same kind of issue with mine. I contacted Roger and he had me send the whole unit in (my cost of course) but they send me a new unit that is working great with no complaints.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

I just had the same kind of issue with mine. I contacted Roger and he had me send the whole unit in (my cost of course) but they send me a new unit that is working great with no complaints.

I need to talk to Roger about my magnet rusting from my Tunze nano ATO.

Hmmmm, glad they come with a two year warranty.

Well?!? Where's the photo?

I know a good home for your purple and green beastie....

Cube20-20GSP20Daylight205-11-2016.jpg

New GSP in sunlight only......

Cube20-20GSP20Blues205-11-2016.jpg

Under blues only..........

Hard to tell, but they are almost a silver - yellowish - gold more than green. I'll post a pic under full lighting later tonight.

• Like 2

Hard to tell, but they are almost a silver - yellowish - gold more than green. I'll post a pic under full lighting later tonight.

WOW those are cool!!!! I've not seen anything like that. things are looking great! You've got some nice coralline in there and your eagle eyes look awesome!

• Like 1

WOW those are cool!!!! I've not seen anything like that. things are looking great! You've got some nice coralline in there and your eagle eyes look awesome!

Thanks!

Ya, I haven't either.....had to have them.

The Eagle Eyes are also on my back wall and overflow.....a few clumps now :^ )

You can see the wondering RFA in the background....corner of the glass.

• Like 1

Thanks!

Ya, I haven't either.....had to have them.

The Eagle Eyes are also on my back wall and overflow.....a few clumps now :^ )

You can see the wondering RFA in the background....corner of the glass.

The renegade RFA!!!

My rfa wandered all over the tank stinging everything it touched in the process. Hope yours settles down!

Fingers crossed.....so far so good!

The renegade RFA!!!

Gonna name him....Lorenzo Lamas.

• Like 3

Those blastos :wub:.

Remember when you and I went in on RFAs together???? Those were the good old days LOL. Before anyone was really into them LOL.

• Like 2

Those blastos :wub:.Remember when you and I went in on RFAs together???? Those were the good old days LOL. Before anyone was really into them LOL.

We were trend setters, G! How's the geckos going?

that GSP is really cool!

Ya, they really are. I won't mind these ones spreading....super bright.

• Like 2