ReefCleaners.org

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Hello Pinky!

Cute cuddly sponges! Mine seem to be doing ok. Look the same as the day I put them in so far.

What and how do you feed your trumpets? I have some that are like your pink with green centers. Mine are brown with teal centers. They never put out tenticals to eat. The only ones I have that do, are the kryptonite ones. They are the only ones I have that eat and they have grown and are doing well. My other two kinds never eat and stay the same all the time.

• Like 2

Everything is looking really good Gena :). I love all the pastel colours.

Thanks, Jase :flower:.

when is MACNA gonna come to Chicago =P

I don't know! But you should fly out to San Diego next year :).

I considering going ahead and purchasing my tickets. I hope to make it there next year.

Do it :happydance:. Would love to see you there!!!!!

Gena, why can't I get my trumpets to look like yours? This two headed frag hasn't grown a spec since I got it in December.

I don't do anything special. I wish I had the answer! I don't even intentionally feed mine. They eat whatever they catch floating in the water column :).

feeeed it

Yep...that's actually probably the answer. Mine are just able to catch enough food to keep them growing.

Hello Pinky!

Cute cuddly sponges! Mine seem to be doing ok. Look the same as the day I put them in so far.

What and how do you feed your trumpets? I have some that are like your pink with green centers. Mine are brown with teal centers. They never put out tenticals to eat. The only ones I have that do, are the kryptonite ones. They are the only ones I have that eat and they have grown and are doing well. My other two kinds never eat and stay the same all the time.

My pink with green centers rarely put out feeders and they do grow slower. The others just catch whatever food is floating in the water column when I feed the fish :).
  • Like 4

Guess who is hand-dosing her tank???? LOL

I tested the water on Sunday and my alk was at 6.5 dKH :scarry:. Probably why I lost those pink hippos! Anyways...no big deal to drop some 2-part in everyday. Takes me 5 min tops (wait time between doses). I do it when I feed the fish :).

OMG now I feel bad for getting your doser! Do you want it back?

Gena what salt you using red sea?

Yep, Red Sea Coral Pro. Love that salt :).

OMG now I feel bad for getting your doser! Do you want it back?

No....not at all. I am happily hand-dosing my tank. I don't ever want to have to automate my dosing again LOL. Thanks for offering though :).
  • Like 1

Yep, Red Sea Coral Pro. Love that salt :).

No....not at all. I am happily hand-dosing my tank. I don't ever want to have to automate my dosing again LOL. Thanks for offering though :).

haha! Ok, just wanted to make sure!!

• Like 1

One of my trumpet only put out sweepers when lights are out. It doesn't even put out sweepers during feeding.

• Like 2

One of my trumpet only put out sweepers when lights are out. It doesn't even put out sweepers during feeding.

I've never seen tentacles on mine, day or night. They always look inflated, have great color, just don't grow. *shrug
  • Like 1

Mine go crazy when the main lights are out. A sea of feeders searching for food LOL.

I've never seen tentacles on mine, day or night. They always look inflated, have great color, just don't grow. *shrug

Hmmmmm....well at least they aren't dying :).

I know it's a year away, but if anyone that visits my thread is planning to go the Macna in San Diego next year, please let me know. I already purchased our tickets for the event and made hotel reservations there. I'm pretty excited to go to my first MACNA event :).

Hope you all are enjoying the long weekend!!!!!!

Pinky says "hello" :)

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-07%20at%202.31.0

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-07%20at%202.33.0

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-07%20at%202.31.2

My red sponge and one of the frillys decided they wanted to cuddle. I haven't separated them yet. May just leave them be :).

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-07%20at%202.32.3

Hi Pinky! The new sponges are so cool :)

• Like 3

Hi Pinky! The new sponges are so cool :)

Thanks, T :flower:. For the picture bump too :).

I took some new ones today for the new page. Some of the best clownfish photos I've taken yet :happydance:......

She's all black spotted from laying in the open brain coral lol

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-08%20at%206.42.5

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-08%20at%206.42.0

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-08%20at%206.42.2

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-08%20at%206.41.4

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-08%20at%206.44.0

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-08%20at%206.43.0

• Like 9

Beautiful shots gena....I love the theme of this tank its so you :happy:

Thank you, E!!!! That's one of the nicest things I've ever heard :happy:.

You and Felicia make your fish pics look easy!

Thanks, Annette :). Her fish pics are incredible...I would love to try my "skill" with a lionfish :).

Wonderful fish pictures! So clear! I am going to have to get a better way to take clear pictures.

Thank you :).

Water change is done. Tank is clean again. I really dislike a dirty tank. Don't think I could go more than a week without cleaning it all up. Dirty aquarium glass is the worst LOL.

Is everyone having a heat wave this week? OMG...it's insane here omgomgomg.

• Like 3

Thank you :).

Water change is done. Tank is clean again. I really dislike a dirty tank. Don't think I could go more than a week without cleaning it all up. Dirty aquarium glass is the worst LOL.

Is everyone having a heat wave this week? OMG...it's insane here omgomgomg.

Our heatwave was last week. Cooler today and getting more fall-like the rest of the week
  • Like 2