Cultivated Reef

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

This current tank is a transfer from a 20 gallon long to the 20g Innovative Marine Concept Tank Panorama style Drop-Off. That build starts on page 96. Pages 1-96 are about my 20 gallon long. The drop-off tank is pages 96 and beyond :).

Established 10-22-16

FTS November 2016

Tank specs

Tank:

Innovative Marine Concept Tank Panorama style Drop-Off 20x15x17"

Lighting:

AI Prime HD LED Fixture - White

Filtration:

All-In-One tank with upgraded return pump. Sicce Syncra Silent 1.0 Multifunction Aquarium Pump (251 GPH)

Circulation:

MP10

ATO:

Autoaqua Smart ATO

Heater:

Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm 75 Watt Aquarium Heater

Controller:

Neptune Aquatics Apex with temp and pH monitor

Inhabitants:

Fish:

2 Ocellaris clownfish

1 Green Banded Goby

Inverts:

1 Pompom Crab

1 Porcelain Anemone Crab

Snails

Live Rock and Live Sand

• Like 42

Oooh! I get to be first!

Yay! Looking great so far! Thanks for the link so I can follow this thread now. I LOVE that stand. I'm jealous now :lol: It looks great with the white background on the tank. How are you liking the white background?

Btw, the clowns look like they have plenty of space. I think they'll do just fine in there.

• Like 4

New tank. New direction. New Journey! How fun. I LOVE the theme. You always have the funnest, best stands too. Good luck and congratulations, woohoo

• Like 2

More details soon! Still getting things cleaned up (wires) and need to transfer everything from the 8g tank still. New 20L tank that is a downsize from my 45g tank and incorporating my 8g into this as well. This is Softies and LPS dominant. Sticking with pastel colors...hence The Pastel Garden.Screen%20Shot%202015-06-01%20at%201.27.1Screen%20Shot%202015-06-01%20at%201.26.4Screen%20Shot%202015-06-01%20at%201.27.5My green cloves..what I was able to salvage from the sump/fuge of my 45g tank. Can't wait to watch these take off again :wub:.Screen%20Shot%202015-06-01%20at%201.27.3

Nice Gena, I can tell it's gonna be awesome!

• Like 2

Hello Gina, I am joining after trolling for over six months and it is time to join. I have a 20 L and can't wait to borrow some of your ideas. I have been battling red slime for months and have been in a frustrating holding pattern.

• Like 3

Thanks everyone :flower:. Hopefully soon I'll have more time to get some details down about this tank :). I finally just got the ATO going on it. Fed the fish and the corals. I'm so afraid to feed them now LOL. I always had my skimmer and reactor and fuge as my safety net and now I don't have those :scarry:. This will take some getting used to for sure. But I'm looking forward to a laid back tank!

Oooh! I get to be first!

Yay! Looking great so far! Thanks for the link so I can follow this thread now. I LOVE that stand. I'm jealous now :lol: It looks great with the white background on the tank. How are you liking the white background?

Btw, the clowns look like they have plenty of space. I think they'll do just fine in there.

So far I love the white background! We'll see how much maintenance it will be to keep it looking so nice lol. I think it looks great with the "ocean slumber" teal stand.

Are the wide reflectors installed on your razor?

Yep! I turned the lights down by 20% though so I don't shock them. They went from a 18" deep tank to a 12" deep tank, which btw I'm loving! So nice not having to stick my whole arm in to get to the bottom of the tank!

Looks great! Not sure if intentional or not, but I love that the sand bed isn't flat and has some nice waves to it.

Thank you! Not intentional. The AC70 filter is causing that.

Hello Gina, I am joining after trolling for over six months and it is time to join. I have a 20 L and can't wait to borrow some of your ideas. I have been battling red slime for months and have been in a frustrating holding pattern.

Welcome! Thanks for checking out my tank!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing what you've done too. I'm not doing anything fancy with mine. The fanciest bit is my Smart ATO and a Maxspect Razor for lighting. Oh and an mp10. But all carried over from my last tank. Post up a link to your thread when you have it :happy:.

Dear Gena, Sorry I spelled your name wrong. Failed on my first attempt on this computer box thang.

No problem...it's pronounced the same :).

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-01%20at%201.27.1

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-01%20at%201.26.4

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-01%20at%201.27.5

My green cloves..what I was able to salvage from the sump/fuge of my 45g tank. Can't wait to watch these take off again :wub:.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-01%20at%201.27.3

• Like 3
FlowerMama

Looking pretty already!! You sure do pick pretty colors for your stands. I dub you "Stand Queen". Saw that color on a house in a Key Largo marina today and thought of you instantly.

• Like 2

Yay for the new "stress free" tank! I'm glad the transition went smoothly (other than the brain coral). Still lovin' the stand :wub:

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Brought this from your other thread :D

I think it will be fine fingerscrossed. It ate a bunch today.

Check this out...my brother, the storm chaser, clued me into this. This is what it looks like in Rapid City, SD right now. Looks like aliens!

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-01%20at%206.11.2

Mhvzhvg.png

• Like 7

Needs a pretty pink gorg!!

Done! :).

Thanks so much everyone!!!! I'm rushed or I'd type more LOL. But I made more work for myself. Transferred everything from the 8g to this tank that I wanted to move. Now I have another tank to clean up LOL.

But it turned out exactly how I imagined my Pastel Garden to look :wub:.

I still have to work on the left side. On the hunt for kenya tree and will pick up some xenia today. Only other thing I might try to find is some blue mushrooms for the center rock. And I think that's it! That was easy! Hopefully I don't crash my tank now. This is probably the cleanest it will ever look :).

6-2-15_zpsrh2afrgi.png

6-2-15no2_zpspjogskw0.png

• Like 16

Oh, in the middle of the candy canes at the top is a tiny frag of green nepthea or sinularia..I can't tell the difference. But that will fill in that top middle rock :).

6-2-15_zpsrh2afrgi.png

6-2-15no2_zpspjogskw0.png

• Like 13