Top Shelf Aquatics

Shallow Do!AQUA

ImNew:]

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well that sucks. love that sump btw

Just wanted to let you know i threw in the sump picture just for you ;)

hahahahaha i had a feeling.

Side note: Im moving next month to my new Apt. So imma have to break this set up down temporarily. Im thinking of setting a temporary Quarantine tank to put Charlie and Puzzles ( the Fish) as well as Mr. Sebastian ( shrimp) until the tank settles down from the move. What do you think?

Side note: Im moving next month to my new Apt. So imma have to break this set up down temporarily. Im thinking of setting a temporary Quarantine tank to put Charlie and Puzzles ( the Fish) as well as Mr. Sebastian ( shrimp) until the tank settles down from the move. What do you think?

sounds like a good idea to me.

dang this looks good!

Ninja! hows your picO holding up? im trying to do a LPS area like you did with the hammers,torches and Frogspawns

I meant 1 hammer and 2 frogspawns left =)

THATS IT! man i wish i could have gotten some of your corals :(.

That sump is all kinds of sexy.

Your renovation is all kinds of sexy! are you going to be running both tanks?

I like the build - really like the sump for the tank glad your clown lived!

Thanks. I love your Nuvo build, it really deserved TOTM. As for Charlie the clown.... he seriously busted a Find Nemo hahaha i guess he wanted to go back to the sea. He has been more calm now that ive introduced another clown.

Sk8n Reefer

Thanks. I love your Nuvo build, it really deserved TOTM. As for Charlie the clown.... he seriously busted a Find Nemo hahaha i guess he wanted to go back to the sea. He has been more calm now that ive introduced another clown.

Hey thanks a lot - appreciate that! That's good your clowns aren't fighting- mine went at it for awhile until one finally gave in

chironerd21

Nice sump! Quick question about the skimmer. is it just me or does that skimmer looks too high out of the water?

Hey thanks a lot - appreciate that! That's good your clowns aren't fighting- mine went at it for awhile until one finally gave in

- I made the mistake to get the same size clowns. One is a True Perc and the other is a Ocellaris, and they fought for the first day then the Ocellaris gave in. Are your clowns hosting anything?

Looking awesome, diatoms and all! Nice sump setup.....on way to greatness!

- Thank you for the kind words. I tested my water again after a 50% water change and i took the time to suck up some of the algae, hopefully this will help some what. Turbo snails are picking up the rest.

Nice sump! Quick question about the skimmer. is it just me or does that skimmer looks too high out of the water?

Thanks bud. The part that looks high off the water is the back part that hangs onto the tank. Its raised all the way up to hang on the sump wall but it was a few inches shy so i just have the Skimmer sitting on the floor rather then hanging on the wall. Its working great, specially with all the skimmate im getting from this stupid algae bloom.

Sk8n Reefer
" post="5105326" timestamp="1439039372"]- I made the mistake to get the same size clowns. One is a True Perc and the other is a Ocellaris, and they fought for the first day then the Ocellaris gave in. Are your clowns hosting anything?

No, with a tank full of sps they really don't have anything- they tend to stay in a corner and only come out for feedings- I swear they could live in a beta bowl?

What the FREAK is going on with this algae! i cant beat it! i Added Chemipure Elite, i addded cheato, I did water changes, i did a 3 day black out and NOTHING.! Advice?

(sorry for the crappy iphone pics)

20472366246_e584af01d8_z.jpg

20311906889_4f6c7e3686_z.jpg

I was debating starting all over hahah

lol, it will just happen again if u start over. been there, done that. just ride it out. frequent water changes and dont mess with the tank too much. do you have a way to blast the rock / sand? turkey baster is your best friend.

lol, it will just happen again if u start over. been there, done that. just ride it out. frequent water changes and dont mess with the tank too much. do you have a way to blast the rock / sand? turkey baster is your best friend.

i do have one. im in the processes of doing a 1 gallon water change

Cut your feeding by 50% or when you feed, only feed half, wait half an hour or so and feed the rest. I have noticed my fish eat a lot more of what is fed if they have two sittings, gives the ma chance to get it all.

ewww....just ride it out

Just do this.

It looks normal to me as well. Been there done that crappy phase and probably going to do it again with the reboot. :lol:

Archived