Top Shelf Aquatics

Shallow Do!AQUA

ImNew:]

I like the way you think my dude!!

It's my day off so i spent a good portion day dreaming in bed before hitting the gym, and came up with a game plan for the side tank.

Tank: shallow cube 12x12x5

Lighting: Nanobox tide

Filtration: Live rock and Mangrove ( weekly water change)

Flow: Small water pump

Live stock: Zoa's, Sexy Shrimp, clown goby or some small fish.

Aqua Scape: Live rock rubble in the middle arranged somewhat like a volcano with mangrove coming out. For coral maybe zoa's all on the rock rubble in the middle of the tank leaving the outter skirts of the tank open.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cencalfishguy56

It's my day off so i spent a good portion day dreaming in bed before hitting the gym, and came up with a game plan for the side tank.

Tank: shallow cube 12x12x5

Lighting: Nanobox tide

Filtration: Live rock and Mangrove ( weekly water change)

Flow: Small water pump

Live stock: Zoa's, Sexy Shrimp, clown goby or some small fish.

Aqua Scape: Live rock rubble in the middle arranged somewhat like a volcano with mangrove coming out. For coral maybe zoa's all on the rock rubble in the middle of the tank leaving the outter skirts of the tank open.

What do you guys think?

Lol love it man! Or do air plants! That's what I'm doing! Islands that come out of the water with air plants on top and mangroves also! Btw thanks for reminding me to get back in the gym I need a back day in my life! Haha

love your set up. can't wait to see more updates.

Thank you! Hopefully you'll continue loving it with more upgrades :)

Lol love it man! Or do air plants! That's what I'm doing! Islands that come out of the water with air plants on top and mangroves also! Btw thanks for reminding me to get back in the gym I need a back day in my life! Haha

Gym is life man! hahah but air plants is a GREAT idea bro. Maybe i should connect my sump to this little tank also. Or should i do a aio?

HarryPotter

Gym is life man! hahah but air plants is a GREAT idea bro. Maybe i should connect my sump to this little tank also. Or should i do a aio?

I would connect the 12x12x5 to your main system. It's so small, that even the most basic filtration would take a whole lotta space! Plus if they are connected you can easily transfer livestock between the two if neccesary

I would connect the 12x12x5 to your main system. It's so small, that even the most basic filtration would take a whole lotta space! Plus if they are connected you can easily transfer livestock between the two if neccesary

You are right! ill go with that then! time to redo my sump connection LOL

i wanna see more of the sump you have

yoda-the-empire-strikes-back.jpg

Cencalfishguy56

Why not just do an AIO and keep it clean as possible ya feel me bro??? And gym IS life! Haha

Just got back from a night out with the boys so gym in the morning to burn off those excess carbs! Lol

Pretty much sums up my life right now waiting for the cycle to end.

slide_321105_3009299_free.gif

In the mean time here is how she looks.

19252216015_bdcb3c5d34_z.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Week 4 of cycle....

Ammonia: 0.25

Nitrite : 0.25

Nitrate: 0.0

Went through a huge algae phase, brown then green then a short period of red slime ( lasted 5 days). Green algae and brown are starting to dissipate.

Side note: I'm taking my CALIFORNIA NURSING BOARDS ON FRIDAY!!!! Wish me luck guys.

Good luck!

I like your tank placement. If the television gets boring just direct your attention to the tank instead. That's what I do anyway

I love starring at it instead of the TV sometimes hahah. Totally random but I was stalking your page yesterday for ideas since I'm getting my nano tide back. Love the tank man

I love starring at it instead of the TV sometimes hahah. Totally random but I was stalking your page yesterday for ideas since I'm getting my nano tide back. Love the tank man

Oh yah? Stalker... ;)

What're you thinking? Another tank for your Tide?

I PASSED MY BOARDS!

super-excited.gif

Reef related news: CYCLE IS DONE!!

( for a few days now)

Ammonia : 0

Nitrite: 0

Nirtrate:0

PH: 8.05

Temp: 78.6-79.1

Salinity: 1.025

True Prec. Acclimating! ( i shall name him Charlie)

Oh yah? Stalker... ;)

What're you thinking? Another tank for your Tide?

.....Stalker is an understatement ;), but yeah i might do another small tank for the nano tide. Maybe a cadlight 4g or something. Your tank and tenny really impressed me.

Looks awesome so far.

Thank you! means alot coming from such an experienced reefer! i loved your ada 60-f, super simple yet so elegant. :bowdown:

​i wanna see some update pics.

Tank still looks empty and boring just charlie swimming alone!

Side note: i am contemplating adding a cleaner shrimp in a week, I dont want to over whelm the bioload quick on a new tank. Would i be pushing it only giving it a week between my clown and a cleaner shrimp

Day 1 with a fish:

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite:0

Nitrate:0

HarryPotter

Tank still looks empty and boring just charlie swimming alone!

Side note: i am contemplating adding a cleaner shrimp in a week, I dont want to over whelm the bioload quick on a new tank. Would i be pushing it only giving it a week between my clown and a cleaner shrimp

Day 1 with a fish:

Nitrite:0

Nitrate:0

Naa wouldn't nearly overwhelm load... If you've been ghost feeding while cycling a week is more than enough

Naa wouldn't nearly overwhelm load... If you've been ghost feeding while cycling a week is more than enough

500x200px-LL-abcda257_django-gifs-13.gif

Really now! Hahha well then!

STORY TIME:

- Well my friends.... Charlie the clownfish decided to jump into my overflow box and what would you know!! He fits in my bulkhead drain!! he clogged up the line and caused a major backflow into the tank, causing my ato to go off and fill the tank with 2 gallons of R/O water...... i caught it right in time before it overflowed into my carpet. I opened the valve completely and Charlie survived. Among the chaos i bumped my Apex display into the water so thats Done :furious:.....

STORY TIME:

- Well my friends.... Charlie the clownfish decided to jump into my overflow box and what would you know!! He fits in my bulkhead drain!! he clogged up the line and caused a major backflow into the tank, causing my ato to go off and fill the tank with 2 gallons of R/O water...... i caught it right in time before it overflowed into my carpet. I opened the valve completely and Charlie survived. Among the chaos i bumped my Apex display into the water so thats Done :furious:.....

Oh man! That's crazy. I hate to compare our hobby to Finding Nemo but that immediately reminded me of when Nemo clogs up that HOB. Sounds like you clownfish was making a move for the toilet...

I'm glad Charlie survived that and that you caught it in time. What kind of overflow are you using? Looks like a Glass-holes but maybe not. I know when I used glass-holes overflows they came with a mesh guard for adventurous snails so maybe put that on for your adventurous clownfish.

Ouch...i just reread that...sorry about the Apex. Douse it with fresh water and put it in a bucket of rice?

Nanofreak79

STORY TIME:

Just an FYI, I dropped or knocked mine into my ATO and left in a bag of rice for a day, it is still working to this day. Before I put it in the bag all it had was a blue screen.

Algae bloom came back with a VENGEANCE!

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 4 ppm

Phosphate: 0.25

PH: 8.04

Temp: 79.0

Looks like Dino ( brown algae with bubbles) AND Cyno ( red algae) AND Green hair Algae. WTF is going on?! Skimmer is running on Full blast right now to suck up as much nutrients, And even bought Chemipure Elite to help out. Lights are off and Mp10 flow was increased, and i added 3 turbo snails to help with eating the algae.

19763433243_1bd3ac7743_z.jpg

20358438986_00a3a0288e_z.jpg

20390854001_f5aee5751c_z.jpg

20196646800_a8708a689c_z.jpg

Archived