Cultivated Reef

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

Prisonfood53

What clips? Link? I'm thinking of redoing mine since I don't like how it sits above the tank

These are what I bought, but when I just looked back I got them for $3.99. Just remember to account for about 1/4" (2x 1/8") shorter on the frame to fit inside ethe clips. Looks like they are sold out but i think they had similar ones on Amazon.

http://www.tmart.com/4pcs-Aquarium-Tank-Glass-Cover-Plastic-Clip-Support-Holder_p137170.html

Here is the Netting i used it was $12.99 actually but free shipping and it is way more than you need for the tank. I am giving the rest to a local reefer who has a 48"x30" tank.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OABXY9O?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

These look exactly like what I have.

http://www.amazon.com/Aquarium-Acrylic-Clamps-Support-Holders/dp/B00PVNZ4Q6/ref=sr_1_5?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1437498812&sr=1-5&keywords=8mm+clip

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

Curious about this also

Just bought 10 "Snails" ( I think they are turbo?) for $5 since at the lfs they were crawling along the sand and low glass. I'll let you know how that works!

Also got a SWEET acro that I'm thrilled about

HarryPotter

My turbos are everywhere they like to knock stuff over lol

I wonder if I'll get any acros in my package tomorrow hmmmm

Hmm everything is glued down, don't think they'll be able to knock anything.

Although this twolittlefishies coral glue is TERRIBLE! Way to thick and won't stick to rock :slap:

Anyone got an ident?

15152C1E-AD06-4280-98C9-598D38761B7E_zps

Hmm everything is glued down, don't think they'll be able to knock anything.

Although this twolittlefishies coral glue is TERRIBLE! Way to thick and won't stick to rock :slap:

Anyone got an ident?

15152C1E-AD06-4280-98C9-598D38761B7E_zps

So you think. All my stuff is glued down and my TWO turbos and various nerites and trochus pop corals off the rocks daily.

ID = Acro....

;)

HarryPotter

So you think. All my stuff is glued down and my TWO turbos and various nerites and trochus pop corals off the rocks daily.

ID = Acro....

;)

Uh oh.... I bought 10 Turbos! :o Adios carefully placed corals!

That makes my CUC 10 Turbos and 5 Trochus :lol:

Acroporidae? :lol:

Just bought 10 "Snails" ( I think they are turbo?) for $5 since at the lfs they were crawling along the sand and low glass. I'll let you know how that works!

Also got a SWEET acro that I'm thrilled about

I had a bunch of turbos in my old tank. They did a good job at cleaning. If I get more snails, I will be getting more of those for sure. Acro looks great!

Uh oh.... I bought 10 Turbos! :o Adios carefully placed corals!

That makes my CUC 10 Turbos and 5 Trochus :lol:

Acroporidae? :lol:

Well, if the coral is encrusted on the rock, it will be fine. If the coral is glued and not yet encrusted, it may get knocked off.

HarryPotter

Well, if the coral is encrusted on the rock, it will be fine. If the coral is glued and not yet encrusted, it may get knocked off.

And if its slightly encrusted on my sh**** glue pile? (Im terrible at attaching corals!)

And if its slightly encrusted on my sh**** glue pile? (Im terrible at attaching corals!)

ha then you're SOL.

HarryPotter

ha then you're SOL.

DAMN!!!

Seriously though my glue just does NOT want to stick to anything. It sucks lol

DAMN!!!

Seriously though my glue just does NOT want to stick to anything. It sucks lol

You need to make sure you pierce the hardened coating when you place the frag. Twist it a bit.

HarryPotter

You need to make sure you pierce the hardened coating when you place the frag. Twist it a bit.

That used to work with BRS glue, but with TwoLittleFishes nope

Noob

:wub:

I like the thicker glue. They are all really the same stuff 99cent store gel and ecotech glue is what I have used lately. I can't tell the difference. I dry the spot on the frag before I apply glue. I than dip it it the water for a few seconds pull it out let a skin form. Place it on the rock with a twisting motion while applying pressure . You will feel it start to take hold at that point stop the twisty motion and hold pressure for like 30 seconds.

I like the thicker glue. They are all really the same stuff 99cent store gel and ecotech glue is what I have used lately. I can't tell the difference. I dry the spot on the frag before I apply glue. I than dip it it the water for a few seconds pull it out let a skin form. Place it on the rock with a twisting motion while applying pressure . You will feel it start to take hold at that point stop the twisty motion and hold pressure for like 30 seconds.

Sancho has got you mannnnnn.

These are what I bought, but when I just looked back I got them for $3.99. Just remember to account for about 1/4" (2x 1/8") shorter on the frame to fit inside ethe clips. Looks like they are sold out but i think they had similar ones on Amazon.

http://www.tmart.com/4pcs-Aquarium-Tank-Glass-Cover-Plastic-Clip-Support-Holder_p137170.html

Here is the Netting i used it was $12.99 actually but free shipping and it is way more than you need for the tank. I am giving the rest to a local reefer who has a 48"x30" tank.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OABXY9O?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

These look exactly like what I have.

http://www.amazon.com/Aquarium-Acrylic-Clamps-Support-Holders/dp/B00PVNZ4Q6/ref=sr_1_5?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1437498812&sr=1-5&keywords=8mm+clip

I wonder if there is anyway to recycle/reuse the clips that came with the original glass lid. Like cutting off the bottom sections that hold the glass, then gluing the top sections to the black frame or vice/versa.

Prisonfood53

I wonder if there is anyway to recycle/reuse the clips that came with the original glass lid. Like cutting off the bottom sections that hold the glass, then gluing the top sections to the black frame or vice/versa.

NanoGeek I looked at them and it just wasn't worth the hassel for me to mess with them. For $4 you get a nice clean clip that won't fall apart and drop the screen into the tank.

NanoGeek I looked at them and it just wasn't worth the hassel for me to mess with them. For $4 you get a nice clean clip that won't fall apart and drop the screen into the tank.

The clips definitely look better than cutting the factory ones, but I cant find any from a US vendor. Ive always had bad luck with ordering from overseas

HarryPotter

You need lock tite super glue gel.

ha then you're SOL.

Noob

This is my Millipora, with more glue than coral :( (Its doing great though- growing and SOOOOO FUZZZY :wub:

97EECC50-AAEA-45A9-BD7D-9616A95F68C0_zps

Archived