Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

HarryPotter

Looking good. Might wanna think about moving crocea from under caps. Soon as caps grow the clan gonna be mad

Oh that's a great point- totally did not even consider that. Since the clam is already attached my options are slim!

I could just keep the purple cap very fragged n the right side- no? Or move the cap?

Clam is sort of attached

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

Nice! I like it! lets see a pic of the new screen top

When I get back from volunteering I'll get to it!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember how my Refractometer broke over a week ago? Well I thought I was being careful, but my Salinity dropped from 1.025 to 1.021. YUCK!

I think it's because the skimmer is pulling out dark coffee colored skimate- about 1/4 cup per day. ATO compensates, and then salinity drops.

Anyway, after doing some research on the best way to bring it back up, I decided to add salt to the ATO supply. Within a few days it should be back on par!

Surprisingly, the corals all look wonderful despite the salinity drop. In fact, the sick Squamosa looks much better, so maybe it appreciates the hypo-salinity?

Harry - Tank is looking great. What media are you running in your intank baskets? (Floss, sponges, purigen, Chemipure?) Where is your doser located? Under the tank in the stand? Pictures of all your equipment would be a great help to this noob!

HarryPotter

Harry - Tank is looking great. What media are you running in your intank baskets? (Floss, sponges, purigen, Chemipure?) Where is your doser located? Under the tank in the stand? Pictures of all your equipment would be a great help to this noob!

I don't have any specific photos under the stand at the moment, but here you go.

Left stand compartment has all the brains and dosing, right compartment just has a mess of wires and a power bar.

I will try to make a diagram of the rear chambers as well as per a few requests

2BA9324F-5A3E-47A2-B2FD-7BA68C40FA47_zps

HarryPotter

Nice! I like it! lets see a pic of the new screen top

This is my current top. I accidentally ruined the black frame so have to use white atm :(

735CD9D0-6A2A-4220-AE58-BA9759A3F1CD_zps

Here you go! DONT JUDGE THE MESS ON THE RIGHT SIDE!

625DB737-2304-44FE-AE04-48F46374845C_zps

This is my current top. I accidentally ruined the black frame so have to use white atm :(

735CD9D0-6A2A-4220-AE58-BA9759A3F1CD_zps

Here you go! DONT JUDGE THE MESS ON THE RIGHT SIDE!

625DB737-2304-44FE-AE04-48F46374845C_zps

I thought at some point you had found rounded front corner pieces for the top. Looks great anyways. I just placed an order today from BRS for their screen top kit. I found 5 more snails this morning outside the tank.

HarryPotter

I thought at some point you had found rounded front corner pieces for the top. Looks great anyways. I just placed an order today from BRS for their screen top kit. I found 5 more snails this morning outside the tank.

I did have them, but they caused the frame to warp. They didn't have enough support!

Which type of snails made it out?

I did have them, but they caused the frame to warp. They didn't have enough support!

Which type of snails made it out?

More of the nerite snails made it out. Hopefully the screen will keep them in. It should it it will sit flush with the rim. I think a few of these lived though, I picked them up off the floor, set them all on top of my filter floss under the water flow and a few started moving, so I just put them all back in the tank.

I also ordered a magnetic frag rack, some dip that you recommended, and some glue. I think I may do some frag shopping this weekend!

HarryPotter

I also ordered a magnetic frag rack, some dip that you recommended, and some glue. I think I may do some frag shopping this weekend!

Which frag rack?

They're all nice, but my favorite rack BY FAR is the BlackRockReef, plus it is almost invisible against the back of the tank!

http://www.blackrockreef.com/products-2.html

Have fun! :)

Yeah thats pretty sexy too :)

Its 11" long? Might fit in the center chamber :0

Did it say somewhere 11 inches? I was looking and never found a legnth. Maybe it will fit in the center, if so that would be awesome!

HarryPotter

Did it say somewhere 11 inches? I was looking and never found a legnth. Maybe it will fit in the center, if so that would be awesome!

Through my extensive research and sources I have come up with 11" and 12".

(Amazon & Ebay)

(Yes, Im bored here on the couch and have nothing better to do than research the length of frag racks)

Through my extensive research and sources I have come up with 11" and 12".

(Amazon & Ebay)

(Yes, Im bored here on the couch and have nothing better to do than research the length of frag racks)

Lol, well as long as it dont have to go more than 3 inches under the waterline then it should fit in the center. Any deeper and the center section gets alot smaller because of the sections I have my skimmer and reactor.

By the way, did you ever put your minimax reactor to use?

HarryPotter

Lol, well as long as it dont have to go more than 3 inches under the waterline then it should fit in the center. Any deeper and the center section gets alot smaller because of the sections I have my skimmer and reactor.

By the way, did you ever put your minimax reactor to use?

Yeah I love my MiniMax reactor. I filled it with ChemiPure Blue Nano packets (It holds 4) and its great

Yeah I love my MiniMax reactor. I filled it with ChemiPure Blue Nano packets (It holds 4) and its great

How is the flow on yours? Mine seems weak. I think we both have the desktop version. Seems to me that turning the knob on top to adjust flow does nothing. I have a big bag of chemipure blue in my media basket, so I filled mine with seachem phosnet. The bag wouldnt fit in, so I cut it open and just dumped it in with 2 sponges on top and bottom. Do you have the little pump turned all the way to 5?

HarryPotter

How is the flow on yours? Mine seems weak. I think we both have the desktop version. Seems to me that turning the knob on top to adjust flow does nothing. I have a big bag of chemipure blue in my media basket, so I filled mine with seachem phosnet. The bag wouldnt fit in, so I cut it open and just dumped it in with 2 sponges on top and bottom. Do you have the little pump turned all the way to 5?

Same one, desktop.

TBH I thought the flow was a bit excessive and turned it to three!

I believe the knob on top doesn't have anything to do with flow! Its just to put in the canister haha

Maybe post a video or look online at the reactor running?

HarryPotter

Did you ever give my light schedule a try Harry?

I looked it over and its the same as mine with a smoother transition. Yes- uploaded it!

Prisonfood53

Nice job! So that's the BRS kit with shaven corners?

And a night shot

FC2C089B-A005-4352-A31F-24C4C6A75A2C_zps

Not a BRS kit. I found the 1/4" netting online for $11 with free shipping and I bought the framing and corners at home depot. I cut the corners with a hacksaw. I bought clips for the screen to sit on so it is level witht the rim, personally i don't like it on top but putting it on top saves the $7 for the clips.

Your tank is looking good.

HarryPotter

Not a BRS kit. I found the 1/4" netting online for $11 with free shipping and I bought the framing and corners at home depot. I cut the corners with a hacksaw. I bought clips for the screen to sit on so it is level witht the rim, personally i don't like it on top but putting it on top saves the $7 for the clips.

Your tank is looking good.

What clips? Link? I'm thinking of redoing mine since I don't like how it sits above the tank

Archived