inTank Media Baskets

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like what I see with rare reef but iirc I do remember a few people saying the dude had a major attitude problem and basically stole money and threatened to beat up customers when things didn't go his way. I could be thinking of a company from Florida with a similar name but j thought it was the same guy. His name was like gus or Russ or something like that.

I wonder if its the same Rare Reef I've heard about never shipping shit :wacko:

He shipped everything and gave awesome freebies. Yeah disorganized but I think made up for it, paying for Saturday shipping and throwing in an ultra. Ask RTF?

I like what I see with rare reef but iirc I do remember a few people saying the dude had a major attitude problem and basically stole money and threatened to beat up customers when things didn't go his way. I could be thinking of a company from Florida with a similar name but j thought it was the same guy. His name was like gus or Russ or something like that.

His name is Russel, sounds like him :o

You're thread is hard to catch up on if I miss a day or two lol.

Looks good harry the zoas looked really smashing

Sorry lol- I find myself uploading photos twice a day :o

I wonder if its the same Rare Reef I've heard about never shipping shit :wacko:

I had the same fears. I so want to order one of those packs, but I so hate all the awful feedback I've read about rare reef and I hate supporting a business like that.

RR was fine to me, it's UPS that screwed up my order with them, by mis-sorting the package, then leaving on the dock over 3 days in 15* weather till my rfa's froze. They had sent me 2 extra rfa's, too.

They are a little rough around the edges on customer service, but they know they have high-end coral going for wholesale, so they have a corner, somewhat, on a market. I hear wholesalers are like this, they are geared for volume, not pleasing 100% of everyone.

RR does wait to ship if the weather is bad. I'm apparently the only one that UPS has screwed up on out of hundreds of orders.

They are moving and have a big box sale going on now, but it's like buying from a wholesaler again, not WYSIWYG stuff.

I vaguely remember something on Facebook a while back about rare reef threatening someone after an order went wrong. Seems like its hit or miss but the corals certainly look nice!

maybe its just me, but living in south florida, every single reef store here has like a dedicated full tank to rock anemones because there a million in ever shop lol

maybe its just me, but living in south florida, every single reef store here has like a dedicated full tank to rock anemones because there a million in ever shop lol

Not really, they have solid color red or green ones for $40+. No rainbows and no $16 each in my experience.

I vaguely remember something on Facebook a while back about rare reef threatening someone after an order went wrong. Seems like its hit or miss but the corals certainly look nice!

Yikes! I googled that and see a whole thread :o

Looks great! Very colorful! I like those trumpets on the right :D.

Thanks Gena! Just need pink to complete that collection :)

We only hear one side of the story when things go wrong.

Harry, you did not include any SPS in your happy check. For shame.

Darn! Ill take some photos this week.

My acros have always had great encrusting, color, and PE. Only a few have significant vertical growth though, I tried razoring off some tips last week to cause meristems to form.

Tank is looking great Harry!

Thanks Dave. The XR15w Pro Gen 3 arrives Friday and that'll go over acro island- I will finally be able to blast the Acropora like they deserve and with a better spectrum that includes UV.

thecoralbeauty

Darn! Ill take some photos this week.

My acros have always had great encrusting, color, and PE. Only a few have significant vertical growth though, I tried razoring off some tips last week to cause meristems to form.

Thanks Dave. The XR15w Pro Gen 3 arrives Friday and that'll go over acro island- I will finally be able to blast the Acropora like they deserve and with a better spectrum that includes UV.

i'll be curious to see if the razor approach yields any interesting results...

Yesterday got new B-ionic supplements in the mail from the BRS group buy. Also a used Tunze Nano Osmulstor, a used Radion XR15 Pro Gen 3 with RMS, and a used Gourmet Defroster.

The Nano Osmulator might go on the 10g for now

We only hear one side of the story when things go wrong.

Harry, you did not include any SPS in your happy check. For shame.

Here are a few. I mostly take pictures of SPS while doing water changes so I can get in focus top downs

F45DCA5E-575C-4E9B-B2E9-F129BB2C5D82_zps

4238CF1B-7FBF-42C7-A556-9B52202349D6_zps

1DCEA35C-1223-42E1-8623-3C3BC8D366E9_zps

This one was supposed to be SPS but then the Midas got scared and went into the hole :wub:

90705713-371F-4E8C-A387-28179EC544A6_zps

Zoa garden finally growing fast!

40F0DF05-C6E7-4CD9-8AAD-0F723B27FEA5_zps

And a FTS. Sand is white after blasting yesterday mornings

8DF363A3-795A-4434-A045-94E262548787_zps

The Katropora's color is somewhat uneven due to shadowing, I can't wait to hook up the other ligh over acro island (right about Kat) to get some great coverage!

Looks fantastic. When this grows out it is going to be spectacular. I like the coral placement a lot

Thanks dpoltsdsu. My overall idea was to have hard corals on one side of the tank and LPS/soft corals on the other. This way I can add a fixture over the hard corals to blast them with light without bleaching any other types.

Archived