DaveFason

NanoBox All In One Retro Install Video and Pricing

NanoBox now offers multiple options for RETRO kits. Ranging from All-In-Ones hoods, ATI Sunpowers and most T5 fixtures . All kits are 95% complete and only require mounting to current fixtures or hoods. 

32349912122_956315ab0d_c.jpg32349911382_d21a2ca306_c.jpg32349910972_0a4525b16f_c.jpg32349910172_5912ac65cd_c.jpg

NanoBox All - In - One Kits :

Small Kit - 

• 1 - NanoBox V3 Array
  • 1 - Heatsink 
  • 1 - Fan
  • 1 - NanoBox Driver Board
  • 1 - Bluefish Mini 
  • 1 - 24v Power Supply
  • 1 - Wiring, screw and misc parts

Pricing - 

• $229.95 - Small Retro - Two Channel
  • $244.95 - Small Retro Plus - Four Channel
  • $259.95 - Small Retro Plus M - Four Channel & Moonlight

Large Kit - 

• 2 - NanoBox V3.1 Array
  • 1 - Heatsink 
  • 1 - Fan
  • 1 - NanoBox Driver Board
  • 1 - Bluefish Mini 
  • 1 - 48v Power Supply
  • 1 - Wiring, screw and misc parts

Pricing - 

• $299.95 - Large Retro - Two Channel
  • $329.95 - Large Retro Plus - Four Channel
  • $364.95 - Large Retro Plus M - Four Channel & Moonlight

INSTALL VIDEO :

BioCube 32 ( New Version ) 

• Like 5

SgtBhaji   

Hey Dave. Is there any need to keep in the other two fans? I just pulled the things out.

Hey Dave. Is there any need to keep in the other two fans? I just pulled the things out.

I would keep them in - otherwise cool air is not going to get into the hood.

SgtBhaji   

There's a vent right over the fan on the light so figured that would be sufficient.

The fans that came with the hood are noisy little buggers too. Might order some quieter one.

There's a vent right over the fan on the light so figured that would be sufficient.

The fans that came with the hood are noisy little buggers too. Might order some quieter one.

You don't need them but it does help. The cooler the better! :)

-Dave

SgtBhaji   

Very true. Did you just run them to the same power for the one on the heatsink?

Thanks!

Very true. Did you just run them to the same power for the one on the heatsink?

Thanks!

You can tie them in with the heatsink fan.

SgtBhaji   

Anybody else running a retro over a biocube? I'm curious what settings you're running. We've just got through the intial cycle and dropped a few test frags in there from our other tanks to see how they do before adding the corals we've picked up so far.

Right now I have the white channel maxing out at 50% and blues at 45%. Not sure if that's too much or too little.

We're just going to see how things react, but I'm curious what other people are running.

Thanks!

Anybody else running a retro over a biocube? I'm curious what settings you're running. We've just got through the intial cycle and dropped a few test frags in there from our other tanks to see how they do before adding the corals we've picked up so far.

Right now I have the white channel maxing out at 50% and blues at 45%. Not sure if that's too much or too little.

We're just going to see how things react, but I'm curious what other people are running.

Thanks!

i would do 50 blue

and maybe 15-20 white

thats just me i like it more blue

Thanks!

Watch the corals. Try 60% blue, 40% white.

-Dave

SgtBhaji   

Yeah... we've just dropped a couple of small test frags in there to try dial it in and see how they react. Getting eager to really start adding stuff. :)

BJV   

Hi All,

Dumb question: Can someone show me where you wire the stock fans into the new Retro unit?

Thanks,

Barry

• Like 1

SgtBhaji   

Hey, Dave. Would it be possible to order the moon option separate for this Retro Kit? I didn't order it originally but now thinking I should have. How much would that be and how much of a pain to install?

Thanks!

• Like 1

I can send you what you need. You will need to drill a hole to mount the moonlight. But that is all

• Like 1

SgtBhaji   

I can send you what you need. You will need to drill a hole to mount the moonlight. But that is all

Thanks, Dave. I'll drop you an email when I'm ready to tackle it. What's the price and is drilling the heatsink particularly difficult?

• Like 1

Are the screws in the tools section included?

You provide screws for mounting.

Angeles   

Hi All,

Dumb question: Can someone show me where you wire the stock fans into the new Retro unit?

Thanks,

Barry

I am also wondering this.

I am also wondering this.

You can wire this with the current fan on the heatsink. The two red wires will connect to the fans red wire ( + ) and the black wires will connect to the fans black wire ( - ).

-Dave

• Like 1

Angeles   

I can't see the pictures!! I got mine but I don't want to install it without pics to go by!

Angeles   

I can't see the pictures!! I got mine but I don't want to install it without pics to go by!

Never mind, I found them! I am wondering, however, if there is any way to keep the led moonlights that came stock. They seem like a good moonlight that it would be a shame to waste!

evilc66   

Why? The new setup has an option for setting the blue channel intensity for moonlighting (you want to set it really low). You have complete control over it now, and you don't need an additional plug and timer.

• Like 1

braaap   

You can wire this with the current fan on the heatsink. The two red wires will connect to the fans red wire ( + ) and the black wires will connect to the fans black wire ( - ).

-Dave

Next time you do an ATI do a write up like this! :D

• Like 2