SaltCritters.com

NanoBox All In One Retro Install Video and Pricing

DaveFason

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Thinking about getting one of these with a new Biocube 32. Did anyone ever show how to wire the retro to the stock fans? Even if the kit doesn't necessarily need the fans, It would be nice to have them, since I live in Texas.

This guy is extra salty
On 12/1/2017 at 3:53 PM, frootbat said:

Thinking about getting one of these with a new Biocube 32. Did anyone ever show how to wire the retro to the stock fans? Even if the kit doesn't necessarily need the fans, It would be nice to have them, since I live in Texas.

It is fairly simple process you can make a jumper from the “retro’s” fan that is on their heat sink...

thats what I did and went out a bought a bigger fan to replace the stock biocube fan 

cause the stock fan is fairly loud when it’s running

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, adidukas said:

is everything included or i need to get a separate controller etc?

All included.  Bluefish controller is already wired into the retro.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, canoman said:

I will be ordering the kit for 32 gallon biocube and if I decide to upgrade my tank can I take the kit out of the biocube and put it in an ATI fixture ?

Youll have all the components to do so: the LEDs, driver, controller, etc. However you will need to remove bulbs from the ATI fixture and retrofit the bio cube heatsink into it. Not easy. You can also send Dave your ATI fixture (Or even buy one new from him) and have him install it. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Youll have all the components to do so: the LEDs, driver, controller, etc. However you will need to remove bulbs from the ATI fixture and retrofit the bio cube heatsink into it. Not easy. You can also send Dave your ATI fixture (Or even buy one new from him) and have him install it. 

Thanks for the reply. I’ll keep these options in mind when the time comes

14 hours ago, canoman said:

I will be ordering the kit for 32 gallon biocube and if I decide to upgrade my tank can I take the kit out of the biocube and put it in an ATI fixture ?

You sure can. You just need to mount the components inside and add a couple standoffs so you do not have metal touching electronics. 

14 hours ago, adidukas said:

is everything included or i need to get a separate controller etc?

Everything is included. 

13 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

I can do this. The install is not "hard" but does take some time. 

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...

So I just installed the retro in my biocube 32 and I love it!! Now I know I asked earlier if I can retro this light into a ATI but change of plans. I might be getting a lagoon 25 so how can I use this kit? Can I buy an empty housing from u Dave and install it?

On 1/19/2018 at 5:44 PM, canoman said:

So I just installed the retro in my biocube 32 and I love it!! Now I know I asked earlier if I can retro this light into a ATI but change of plans. I might be getting a lagoon 25 so how can I use this kit? Can I buy an empty housing from u Dave and install it?

I do not sell housings. It would require a mostly new parts. Sorry!

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/22/2018 at 6:19 AM, DaveFason said:

I do not sell housings. It would require a mostly new parts. Sorry!

Can i pretty much fit this retro in any light housing? I hve an old burnt outChinese led fixture. Can i just gut the fixture and put in the retrofit leds?

5 hours ago, canoman said:

Can i pretty much fit this retro in any light housing? I hve an old burnt outChinese led fixture. Can i just gut the fixture and put in the retrofit leds?

As long as you have ~ 1.1" to fit the chassis in there, yes. 

1 hour ago, DaveFason said:

As long as you have ~ 1.1" to fit the chassis in there, yes. 

Have you considered making a video of a Sunpower retrofit? Or is it not common enough? Wouldn’t matter the size fixture. 

30 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Have you considered making a video of a Sunpower retrofit? Or is it not common enough? Wouldn’t matter the size fixture. 

I have a photo manual for people that in my opinion is much easier to follow than a long video. 

The hardest thing with the Sunpower RETROs is the manual labor to take everything apart. Most customers end up either buying a new one through me OR sending it in. 

I bought my retro from intank. Intank have it as large retro plus. So from what I see there’s no moonlight channel but on the bluefish app it shows moonlight not  lime. So does this mean I have moonlight channel?

hey dave,

i have a question thought it might be helpful to post it here for everyone to know the answer

i received my retro kit which is working great in my RSM 130d

i will likely upgrade my tank in a year or so and get a larger open tank , could i re use the large retro kit and fit it in one of you duo housing/ covers?

thanks

On 3/10/2018 at 1:38 PM, canoman said:

I bought my retro from intank. Intank have it as large retro plus. So from what I see there’s no moonlight channel but on the bluefish app it shows moonlight not  lime. So does this mean I have moonlight channel?

That is the Plus ( four total channels ). 

On his website it should say run the royal blue channel at NIGHT for the moonlight. Run it ~ .3-1%.

Hope this helps!

On 3/10/2018 at 1:54 PM, Mido said:

hey dave,

i have a question thought it might be helpful to post it here for everyone to know the answer

i received my retro kit which is working great in my RSM 130d

i will likely upgrade my tank in a year or so and get a larger open tank , could i re use the large retro kit and fit it in one of you duo housing/ covers?

thanks

I do not offer anything like this, sorry!

2 hours ago, DaveFason said:

That is the Plus ( four total channels ). 

On his website it should say run the royal blue channel at NIGHT for the moonlight. Run it ~ .3-1%.

Hope this helps!

I do not offer anything like this, sorry!

46D75D06-3228-4CB6-94A8-BBAA49E260D0.thumb.png.75feb9a6ab0c39093d83e8af13ab909f.png

So this is the screen shot of what shows in my app. Is the moonlight bar suppose to labeled mint?

7 minutes ago, canoman said:

46D75D06-3228-4CB6-94A8-BBAA49E260D0.thumb.png.75feb9a6ab0c39093d83e8af13ab909f.png

So this is the screen shot of what shows in my app. Is the moonlight bar suppose to labeled mint?

No. I literally just updated the White/Lime to Mint in the APP. You will not have a fifth channel. Feel free to contact me on email. 

3 hours ago, DaveFason said:

No. I literally just updated the White/Lime to Mint in the APP. You will not have a fifth channel. Feel free to contact me on email. 

Email sent

• 1 month later...

Dave just send ya an email about my retro. My violet channel isn't working. Since it is all of the leds I'm thinking it must be a problem with the whole channel.. 

Does anyone know what voltages I can check for on the output board??? Or a better way to check out the problem..

Oh and I haven't checked the violet channel when it turns on automatically yet but when I try and manually ramp it up I don't get a thing ?