Pod Your Reef

What "grinds your gears"

Gooburz

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I don't understand how some people are unnecessarily rude to you, amphipod. I think you're a pretty cool person from your posts. It's like some people are angry at you for living a different way than themselves. Eh, screw em.

One thing that really grinds my gears is everyone I meet IRL who reefs, always treats it as a contest to see how much more knowledge they have. I'm like dude,chill.. we all have our own ways, and mistakes are sometimes meant to be made so we can learn from them, otherwise I myself will never know if I can truly doing something the wrong way.

thank you :) you are pretty cool yourself :) I have noticed on the internet people get an unusual amount of bravery in what they will say to a complete stranger, maybe its the fact that they don't actually see the person they are talking to. I try to be as kind as possible, which is sometimes quite hard but I have to understand that there is a particular freedom of what is said online. I have never really met another reefer, so I can't really relate in this case. Variety is a spice of life, our tanks need variety not saying our tanks are bad, but a tank is like a car sure they all have wheels and a power source, and hopefully a seat, but we customize them to our tastes, like some like the fancy red Ferrari, others like the trucks, others want hybrid fuels, some like hydraulic wheels but they are still all cars.

I stock shelves. Sometimes I bag groceries. It's like playing tetris

I understand that, I hate when I can't find where in the store some item goes and I'm like "nooooooo I need help!" Then mom comes and instantly finds it and I'm angry that I walked past that exact place so many times and never seen it. But some customers on the phone are the absolute worst, especially when they mumble and get angry when you can't hear them. How long you worked there?

LFS staff that seem to think the best "starter" tank is a 125 gallon ~PLUS~ a large sump... Even though the person asking specifically stated they live in a wood built apartment on the second floor. That can grind things pretty bad, especially when it's a store that outright claims to help w.

The moment you've all been waiting for... This genius. The iPhone camera makes it look brighter, IRL it was a good bit darker.

IMG_0387_zps2pqpmsni.jpg

This was the light after the one where I almost rear ended the idiot.

The moment you've all been waiting for... This genius. The iPhone camera makes it look brighter, IRL it was a good bit darker.

IMG_0387_zps2pqpmsni.jpg

This was the light after the one where I almost rear ended the idiot.

you live in Florida?
righttirefire

I went to a new fish store. A little more than a hour away. The owner boasted he keeps 10 ppm in his "fish" tanks. So I tested it. I thought my api test kit for nitrates only turned yellow. Except for the lfs water. What flavor red is this?

post-87219-0-34624800-1425793877_thumb.png

righttirefire

that is the first time I've ever seen a red on an api kit lol

from a LFS that boasted about having a nitrate level 10ppm, "the lowest in town" and I should test it for myself. But the fish seems to be doing well
righttirefire

The sps corals are on there own system. The others corals are on a system. The fish have their own system. And the frag tanks have their own system.

I went to a new fish store. A little more than a hour away. The owner boasted he keeps 10 ppm in his "fish" tanks. So I tested it. I thought my api test kit for nitrates only turned yellow. Except for the lfs water. What flavor red is this?

it looks like cranberry juice lol

Yep, Jacksonville.

ha has I could tell from the scenery lol
righttirefire

it looks like cranberry juice lol

I'll send you some if I ever buy there again. Which isn't promising.

I'll send you some if I ever buy there again. Which isn't promising.

no thanks, you should go to him and test the water in front of his eyes and ask what is the deal.
righttirefire

Wrong side of town... my work is about 1 hour away in evening traffic. And my tank is at my girlfriends about 1:15 away without traffic... I just happened to be on that side of town helping a buddy move. So I checked out the lfs on that side if town... the first one was scary. The one I bought from seemed promising. I got a zoa frag at my lfs in keizer. Water almost identical to mine. Not perfect, but nice. Nitrates of 20 ppm was the worse reading. But at least it wasn't cranberry juice

• 3 weeks later...

My HOA. Apparently I cant put Solar on my house to help offset my $250 a month electric bill. Pay almost half a million for a condo but you dont own the roof?

tdannhauser30

My history class. I go to class every day to listen to this guy talk about the exact same things!! been going on for about 7 weeks now. Oh and attendance is mandatory, so if you skip you get points taken off.

My wife and I live on a college campus for her job, but do not go to school there. I HATE when I hear kids complain about how "hard" their day was, or how much stress they're under.

tdannhauser30

My wife and I live on a college campus for her job, but do not go to school there. I HATE when I hear kids complain about how "hard" their day was, or how much stress they're under.

haha why? maybe there day was hard bro. my teacher just assigned a book review due in 10 days. have to find a book that meets his requirements, read the entire thing ( these are not short books) and then have to go look into his sources and essentially read all of those works to determine if its credible. oh and analyze the style of wrighting, whatever that means. Id consider that stressful. What grinds my gears is when someone says they HATE someone because the other person is stressed or having a rough day lol.

I had a rough day at high school, no way college is easy.

Tdanhauser, that sounds like an awful day :(

school's stressful man

I had a rough day at high school, no way college is easy.

Tdanhauser, that sounds like an awful day :(

school's stressful man

Wish to god I was 16 again. 40 married, terrible job, kids, bills, mortgage, car payments, medical insurance, taxes it sucks ass. Looking back high school and college was a breeze. (that might have something do do with me dropping out of both.) but like you I thought it was the worst time of my life and couldnt wait to grow up. Man you are a very smart kid, kinda strange but very smart. Keep on being young and enjoy it. Before you know it you are a grumpy old man complaining about LED prices on some fish nerd forum.

Archived