Coral Vue Hydros

What "grinds your gears"

Gooburz

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least attempt to clean up your used equipment before posting in the classified.

lol and they post dirty equipment then say I will clean it before I ship.

Well bubble algae grinds my gears for one. Texting why driving really grinds my gears about got hit head on a few weeks ago at 55. Had to take the truck down into the grass to avoid a BMW coming straight for me. People asking for advice but not taking it is another. I could go on and on.

Another one I dread so much, in the id subcategory or whatever it is called when the user asks "should I kill it?" I say "innocent until proven guilty" then they say "OK I killed it" grrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR GAAHHHHH WHY WHY WHY?!!!!!

SeventyTimes7

Oh god I used to think the same way, I'm now 36 have a couple kids etc....not a day goes by that I don't tell them to stay young as long as they can and enjoy every minute of it. I was in highschool when one of my neighbors told me to enjoy highschool, it will be some of the best times of my life. I laughed it off... Now I look back and couldn't agree more. Adulthood isn't as great as you youngsters think it is.

I'm only 23 and I wish I could go back to school work lol

When people color correct their photos to what it is supposed to look like, and not what it really looks like.

I had white/gold Zoas/ but they kept showing up blue/black. I had to do something

HecticDialectics

that's exactly what I want, work that gives me some money from a job I decide on, a boss who will have his grouch moments and tantrums and fireing threats but for understandable reasons since his work is more stressful than mine, and coworkers constantly trying to make me look bad but I will do my best to treat them good. Adulthood has so many advantages, trust me if your over 18 you're lucky.

How weak. Do your best to treat them good? Why aren't YOU the boss? Man up.

How weak. Do your best to treat them good? Why aren't YOU the boss? Man up.

if you let him try to do his thing and you don't fight back several things can happen, one the man feels ashamed and stops. Two the boss notices and disciplines him. Three him and the boss are close so the boss also can be mean at that point its not a good workplace anymore standing for your innocence is necessary. Four boss believes scumbag coworkers slander and then you stand up for yourself and assert your innocence. Five something unthought of. Peace is best, it can be difficult to keep calm and cool but honesty and peace are best ways to go. If you aren't the manager you have a significant disadvantage of less authority to other workers. No one likes a micromanager.
HecticDialectics

if you let him try to do his thing and you don't fight back several things can happen, one the man feels ashamed and stops. Two the boss notices and disciplines him. Three him and the boss are close so the boss also can be mean at that point its not a good workplace anymore standing for your innocence is necessary. Four boss believes scumbag coworkers slander and then you stand up for yourself and assert your innocence. Five something unthought of. Peace is best, it can be difficult to keep calm and cool but honesty and peace are best ways to go. If you aren't the manager you have a significant disadvantage of less authority to other workers. No one likes a micromanager.

Spoken like a man destined for a hidden cubicle at a call center...

Buy fish or coral and then asking on NR what it is and how do you take care of it and then complain because they won't take it back, or give you credit and you don't understand why your Marineland led strip w/ 4 blue lights can't support anything because it says "reef ready" on it.

Otherwise, aptasia. Found some now in my rock flower tank and I'm furious. Of all places I don't need it to be there.

I work at Target. You'd know that if you weren't such a sensitive nancy and hung out in the lounge

do you like it there? What's your tasks?
nanolutionary

'My clown hosts my... [insert name of the organism/object that is hosting - not being hosted by - said clownfish]'

?

^ I don't understand how some people are unnecessarily rude to you, amphipod. I think you're a pretty cool person from your posts. It's like some people are angry at you for living a different way than themselves. Eh, screw em.

One thing that really grinds my gears is everyone I meet IRL who reefs, always treats it as a contest to see how much more knowledge they have. I'm like dude,chill.. we all have our own ways, and mistakes are sometimes meant to be made so we can learn from them, otherwise I myself will never know if I can truly doing something the wrong way.

HecticDialectics

do you like it there? What's your tasks?

I stock shelves. Sometimes I bag groceries. It's like playing tetris

SpankythePyro

My reefer sitting on a dock in Cali not being unloaded because someone is cheap and won't give out holiday pay

Mr. Microscope

My biggest peeves at the moment in the world of the internet:

Anything attempting to go viral with the word, "breathtaking" in the title. It never is.

Pictures/videos of people holding signs that tell some lame story while they stare blankly into the camera trying to get you to feel sorry for them.

Autotune mashup clip videos.

Quickdraw videos.

BTW, this really should be in the lounge..

I had white/gold Zoas/ but they kept showing up blue/black. I had to do something

I dont mind color correction at all, as long as the corrections being made are honest when it comes to selling. Like right now, my green Spongodes isnt very green because it's getting shadowed by a bunch of sps. But I could easily take a picture of it and MAKE it green. I mean it's SUPPOSED to be green, but I would feel like a liar if I posted a pic of it with corrected levels of green, when it's my fault it's not as green as it should be.

Nothing here. Just personal shit that's my own fault, so no need to complain. Other than my own issues nothing bothers me.

When my wife and I go to a LFS and she literally takes an hour to pick out a piece of coral, and all I want is a few mushrooms.

Archived