Cultivated Reef

Bad Hombre Cantina (yes I have a fish tank)

Sancho

That's awesome........I was planning to try the Berghia nudi's but then I got the possum- not sure how that will go so maybe the peppermint would do ok with em. It's kinda hit or miss with peppermint though. I need to address my aiptasia

I bought 6. 4 for the 34 and 2 for this tank my tomato clown killed all 4 in less than 10 minutes. :( These 2 have been going to town in this tank though. The beghias....I cant justify spending the $25 each the LFS wants for them. Had them in the past and they dont live very long. The LFS i get these peppermint shrimp have always had the ones that eat aiptaisia. These guys will definitely keep it in check in this tank. My 34 is another story I am at the point that I need some laser power.

• Like 3

You'll end up spending around $100 for the laser and the batteries to power it plus a charger. They all seem to use a weird size battery. I'll post a link tomorrow for you.

• Like 2

Dang, that thing is crazy looking....not to bad on price. Is that the right kind?

I dont know thats why I havent bought it :unsure: It looks like a lightsaber to me. I love Star Wars and would probably be talking like Darth Vader as I am killing Aiptaisia. Pretty sure that would make the wife nuts :lol: I think we need JMB's big brain to school us on lasers. I know some of them can be pretty damn strong and you could actually injure your eyes pretty quick. We had one floating around our local fish nerd club. I used it once and it worked pretty damn good but it was either broken or not returned to the owner so it didnt last very long.

• Like 4

That's awesome........I was planning to try the Berghia nudi's but then I got the possum- not sure how that will go so maybe the peppermint would do ok with em. It's kinda hit or miss with peppermint though. I need to address my aiptasia

I tried Berghia's. Didn't eat a single aiptasia :furious:

• Like 2

My possum never touched my berghias. ...the shrimp may eat the berghias. ...

I bought 6. 4 for the 34 and 2 for this tank my tomato clown killed all 4 in less than 10 minutes. :( These 2 have been going to town in this tank though. The beghias....I cant justify spending the $25 each the LFS wants for them. Had them in the past and they dont live very long. The LFS i get these peppermint shrimp have always had the ones that eat aiptaisia. These guys will definitely keep it in check in this tank. My 34 is another story I am at the point that I need some laser power.

Order the berghias from ReefTown.....at least half that price.

• Like 2

If anyone wants to borrow a laser I can send mine around as long as I get it back. It's about the length if your forE arm and an inch or so wide. Forget the specs on it but it is over powered as the class it is labeled as shouldn't burn what it does. It's from China so who knows what they labeled.

• Like 2
Sk8n Reefer

I tried Berghia's. Didn't eat a single aiptasia :furious:

Really, wow- never heard of that happening

well that's good news!

• Like 1

Order the berghias from ReefTown.....at least half that price.

That's where I got them as well. I ordered 8 for my 66. I had easily over a couple hundred aiptasia. Took a few months, but they wiped them out completely. I haven't seen one in my tank since March or so.

• Like 1

That's where I got them as well. I ordered 8 for my 66. I had easily over a couple hundred aiptasia. Took a few months, but they wiped them out completely. I haven't seen one in my tank since March or so.

It's almost scary, right?........how I'm always right.

• Like 1

Tank was looking kinda sexy today. Aiptaisia gone :happydance: Pseudochromis didnt make it. :( I assume it became worm pistol shrimp or nem food. Pretty sure it didnt jump we didnt find any fish jerky. Its weird how some fish go into a tank never to be seen again. The clowns were kinda picking on it so it wouldn't surprise me if they killed it at night. The tank really needs another fish I just dont know what to get that will do ok in a small tank that the clowns wont harass. Any suggestions? Battery is dead in my DSLR and cant find the charger. Here's an iphone pic. I cant wait till the gold hammer fills out.

IMG_0440_zpsalpg6eei.jpg

• Like 3

Tank was looking kinda sexy today. Aiptaisia gone :happydance: Pseudochromis didnt make it. :( I assume it became worm pistol shrimp or nem food. Pretty sure it didnt jump we didnt find any fish jerky. Its weird how some fish go into a tank never to be seen again. The clowns were kinda picking on it so it wouldn't surprise me if they killed it at night. The tank really needs another fish I just dont know what to get that will do ok in a small tank that the clowns wont harass. Any suggestions? Battery is dead in my DSLR and cant find the charger. Here's an iphone pic. I cant wait till the gold hammer fills out.

IMG_0440_zpsalpg6eei.jpg

Love the hammer and acans.......what's that orange shroomy thing....yuma?

How "gold" is the hammer......more yellow or more green?

Not sure on a fish in the small of an are.....Pseudo should have been a good pick......a large six line or a damsel. ...how about a large domino?

Love the hammer and acans.......what's that orange shroomy thing....yuma?

How "gold" is the hammer......more yellow or more green?

Not sure on a fish in the small of an are.....Pseudo should have been a good pick......a large six line or a damsel. ...how about a large domino?

Those orange shroomy things are Yumas. They were the only ones that didnt completely bleach out.

The hammer on the left was supposed to be a yellow tipped hammer from ASD although it looks more green than yellow. The gold hammer is on the right. Its got no green in it. It is very gold. Iphone pics of it look like shit cause its closest to the light.

The pseudo was very small. I am still thinking about getting a larger one that can defend itself from the clowns. 6 line is probably my second choice. Or I am just gonna get your shrimp a gobie.

• Like 1

IMG_0455_zpsbgysiwha.jpg

This guy dropped a baby :) Hopefully they keep it up I would love the back wall covered in the shroomz

IMG_0443_zps4qak60l6.jpg

twins....kinda look like green alien bewbs

IMG_0444_zpsjq9ovdvd.jpg

Those look great, man!
Like the orange yumas......the orange don't spread like the others?

No unfortunately. This pic was taken in March. Those green and purple yumas took over. IMG_0057_zpsmicofhvf.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

So the aiptaisia is gone :) and so are my acans :furious: Peppermint shrimp can suck it and suck it hard. Those mother ####ers made a meal out of 6 sexy acan frags. A couple were too close to the nem and lost that battle but the rest were eaten by the peppermint shrimp. I was able to catch one of those bastards and was heading to the terlet with him. Then I though I just spent $4 on this guy seems like a waste to flush it down the terlet. So I banished him to the 34. That shrimp will become clownfish food soon. My big ass tomato clown murders peppermint shrimp with a quickness ;) The other shrimp is fast as hell and dont feel like tearing the tank apart to get it. I would still like this tank to be an acan dominated tank but the nem does not want to cooperate with those plans. I would remove the nem but but its staying in there just to prove the nem police wrong. I was shamed by ass clowns on another forum for putting a nem in a tank this small. I think I am just gonna start adding zoas and yumas as they dont seem to be bothered by the nem. i plan on adding another hammer at the top I think one more of a different color will fit and will have room to grow out.

Does anyone know of anything else I can toss in here? It has to be something that wont be bothered by the nem. Yumas worked well till the bleaching event.

• Like 1

shitty vid but this shows that a RW 4 can work well in a small tank. I use the Aqua link controller and get way better contrloll than I did with the stock controller. I know there was a thread here a few weeks ago about putting a RW 4 in a 10 and people were saying it was too much pump. In this vid I have the aqualink set on pulse .5 sec on .5 sec on at 45%

• Like 2