Coral Vue Hydros

Nano Box V3 Array : Lime, Luxeon T, UV

DaveFason

jedimasterben

Like the old boards with just RB,B,whites and cyan ect.

There are no old boards. :)

Awesome! Love the combination. I really need to replace my beast of an LED array with something more streamline. Seriously considering one of your lights.

nike-swoosh-logo-just-do-it-540.jpg

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Wait wait wait... So I could send you my nano-box for a face lift?

Well, maybe not a face lift since the LEDs are on the underside. :D

I will be offering multi channel units for a small increase in price but all Nano Box units will still come standard with dual channel dimming.

Can't wait to get my duo! Have you determined what the upcharge will be for the multichannel option?

You got it.

Wait wait wait... So I could send you my nano-box for a face lift?

Kim K style

Booty lift ??

Finishing up pricing. I am awaiting the power supply quotes.

Can't wait to get my duo! Have you determined what the upcharge will be for the multichannel option?

ooooogh i may have to order a pair of you at some point for a pico project

quick Q the JWV1&2 and JBB1&2 ... what are they for? are they jumpers to drop it down to a 2 channel board?

ooooogh i may have to order a pair of you at some point for a pico project

quick Q the JWV1&2 and JBB1&2 ... what are they for? are they jumpers to drop it down to a 2 channel board?

Correct.

jedimasterben

So are the JWV and JBB pads jumper pads for the two channel interface or something?

right, makes it easy to accommodate those that still want just two channels.

Hello Dave,

the Nano Box V3 Array sounds very good to me as it fits exactly into the planning phase of my new tank.

I have made some thoughts how to get light into my future reef… Buy ready-made LED fixtures, make DIY on basis of Jedi’s evil cluster or go the more comfortable DIY way with your V3 arrays.

Therefore I have some questions for my tank

It has following dimensions

• Length 150 cm/ 59 inches
  • Depth 80 cm/ 31,5 inches
  • High 93 cm/ 36,3 inches

1. As I’m from Germany. Do you deliver also to this county?
  2. What do think? Will the V3 array strong enough to shine with adequate PAR in the 93 cm/ 36,3 inches depth?
  3. If yes, how many arrays should I take?
  4. Do you have some more specs like
    1. xx,xx @ yyy,yy mAMPERE per each channel?
    2. Overall maximum power consumption in WATT
    3. Total emmited optical power for all channels for full power
    4. Dimension in inches/ cm of the array

Many thanks for your answer,

Gerd

Hello Dave,

the Nano Box V3 Array sounds very good to me as it fits exactly into the planning phase of my new tank.

I have made some thoughts how to get light into my future reef… Buy ready-made LED fixtures, make DIY on basis of Jedi’s evil cluster or go the more comfortable DIY way with your V3 arrays.

2. What do think? Will the V3 array strong enough to shine with adequate PAR in the 93 cm/ 36,3 inches depth?

Gerd

Honestly, I'll recommend these arrays for almost everything.... except SPS dominated tanks over 30" deep. If I was lighting a tank that big, I'd run "evil clusters" to get the punch to that depth. Unless you're going for softy LPS dominated or you're planning on using 24+ of these arrays, I'd be building an Evil array.

It's possible to do so (and if you do it'll give you incredible color), but in order to get decent punch out of bare 3W LEDs to a distance of 40+" you'll need a lot of them.

Nano Box started with a mission to make one of the best LED fixtures on the market. Starting in a small corner desk and now a full shop things have grown big time! I try to listen to customers and take feedback to heart from everyone. People were asking for a multi channel Nano Box array. I went to the drawing board and used my original design along with new technology. Using the new Luxeon T, Rebel ES lime, higher output Rebel Blue, Cyan and SEMILED violets. I feel this is one of the best and cutting edge arrays to date.

V3 - Nano Box Array consists of :

• 2 - SEMILED Violet CH1
  • 2 - REBEL ES Lime CH2
  • 1 - Rebel Cyan CH3
  • 1 - Rebel Blue CH3
  • 4 - Luxeon T Royal Blue CH4
  • 3 - Luxeon T Neutral White & Warm White CH2

Picture :

16222677561_fa8a37721d_z.jpgNanoBoxV3array by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

I will be offering multi channel units for a small increase in price but all Nano Box units will still come standard with dual channel dimming. The current ( V2 ) dual channel ratio looks incredible in person and that same ratio is used in the V3 array. However much more efficient and as Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor would say, " MORE POWER ". I will also install the new array on any Nano Box unit for the price of the array plus shipping. Free labor for my Nano Bots!

Price : $54.95

-Dave

Hello Dave,

are some more spec information as mentioned in post #39 (http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/355869-nano-box-v3-array-lime-luxeon-t-uv/page-2#entry4929063)

Thanks,

Gerd

Hello Dave,

Gerd

Gerd,

It would take a good amount of arrays to do this tank. I would recommend twelve - fourteen.

1. No problem on shipping to Germany
  2. I have a few tanks that are 26"-28" in depth and my old arrays. They won't grow SPS at the bottom, however they have other corals placed lower doing fine.
  3. 12-14
  4. I always run 700mA drivers. You can however run the blue, royal and white channel 1A. Running the max on each channel will be ~35w. I do not have a total optical power, I just know they work well ;). Arrays are 1.5"x2"

-Dave

I'm torn. I'd love to get one of these new boards for my tide but at the same time I'd want to upgrade to four channel control.

How much would that cost Dave?

Yes sir!

Dave woud i be able to upgrade my biocube retrofit with this array ?

54.95 + $30.

I'm torn. I'd love to get one of these new boards for my tide but at the same time I'd want to upgrade to four channel control.

How much would that cost Dave?

That's not bad at all.

When then dental surgery costs (cavities :() finally settle I'll probably just buy the parts outright from you and do the work myself. That way my tiny tank isn't without a light for long. :)

Gerd,

It would take a good amount of arrays to do this tank. I would recommend twelve - fourteen.

1. No problem on shipping to Germany
  2. I have a few tanks that are 26"-28" in depth and my old arrays. They won't grow SPS at the bottom, however they have other corals placed lower doing fine.
  3. 12-14
  4. I always run 700mA drivers. You can however run the blue, royal and white channel 1A. Running the max on each channel will be ~35w. I do not have a total optical power, I just know they work well ;). Arrays are 1.5"x2"

-Dave

Thanks Dave,

one more question, because we have an DIY-manufacturer for LED controller with 12 channels (adjustable from 350 mA to 1000 mA) and maximum Voltage of 24 V

https://www.bluetwiled.com/doku.php?id=bluetwiled2x:start

That’s why one more question. Please can you give me the information about the Voltage for

1. Channel 1
  2. Channel 2
  3. Channel 3
  4. Channel 4

Thank you again for your answer!

Gerd

jedimasterben

Thanks Dave,

one more question, because we have an DIY-manufacturer for LED controller with 12 channels (adjustable from 350 mA to 1000 mA) and maximum Voltage of 24 V

https://www.bluetwiled.com/doku.php?id=bluetwiled2x:start

That’s why one more question. Please can you give me the information about the Voltage for

1. Channel 1
  2. Channel 2
  3. Channel 3
  4. Channel 4

Thank you again for your answer!

Gerd

Is that even a constant current driver or does it just adjust voltage output?

Datasheets for the LEDs used:

Luxeon T (white, royal blue)

Rebel and ES color (lime, blue, cyan)

SemiLEDs C35 (violet)

Archived