Top Shelf Aquatics

Nano Box V3 Array : Lime, Luxeon T, UV

DaveFason

Adding more material between the LEDs and the heatsink just increases the thermal resistance, which increases the LED temperatures and reduces the heatsink effectiveness. Mounting the MCPCB directly to the t-slot heatsink will not give you any issues.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Add about 15% to those already posted.

So right at about 400 then according to numbers that Dave had posted on a earlier thread. Not too bad,plus the added par of 2x T5's not to bad ;)

I'm waiting on the price of a board shipped to me and I'm about to get one.

• 3 weeks later...
reefernanoman

Quick question here. My current light (minitide) will come with three channels (the two standard ones and one dedicated to the moonlight). What would the advantages be if I want to add two more or one more channel? More controllability of the colors? Thanks!

jedimasterben

Quick question here. My current light (minitide) will come with three channels (the two standard ones and one dedicated to the moonlight). What would the advantages be if I want to add two more or one more channel? More controllability of the colors? Thanks!

The old boards are two channel only, so you'd have to upgrade to get four. Yes, it gives more control.

reefernanoman

The old boards are two channel only, so you'd have to upgrade to get four. Yes, it gives more control.

Thank you for the explanation.

reefernanoman

Well I just sent a payment for more control over my future minitide!

jedimasterben

How many would one need for a 24" cube? Just the boards not the whole fixture. Thanks

Four of them, and preferably in two rows spaced out a bit.

How many clusters would you recommend for a 40 breeder? I was thinking 4. I have been looking into building a wood canopy with DIY leds inside. Also, what minimum height would the clusters need to be from water surface? thanks

jedimasterben

How many clusters would you recommend for a 40 breeder? I was thinking 4. I have been looking into building a wood canopy with DIY leds inside. Also, what minimum height would the clusters need to be from water surface? thanks

Four for one row, or two rows of three for the best spread.

At minimum 8" IMHO.

Four for one row, or two rows of three for the best spread.

At minimum 8" IMHO.

Ben...... I'm thinkin' Dave needs to put you on the payroll?? :rolleyes:

reefernanoman

Yes please! :D

Dave, you heard the man!

We should all chip in into your pay pal account or something after all that knowledge that you have shared with us grass hoppers here (except Dave of course, since he knows his stuff too)!
  • 2 weeks later...

So I am gonna order a mini this week. Out the door how many channels do they come standard with now, a little confused. And they all ship with bluefish now correct? Sorry to ask so much but I have spent the last week combing over many nanobox threads and information overload over the course of all the changes over the years. And as much as I try to talk myself out of it I am sold sold sold. One last thing whats the lead time now?

. And as much as I try to talk myself out of it I am sold sold sold.

You won't be disappointed! I've been talking myself out of one too, finally bit the bullet and already starting a fund for a unit for one of my other tanks. :)

jedimasterben

So I am gonna order a mini this week. Out the door how many channels do they come standard with now, a little confused. And they all ship with bluefish now correct?

They come with two channels and Bluefish Mini as standard. :)

So I am gonna order a mini this week. Out the door how many channels do they come standard with now, a little confused. And they all ship with bluefish now correct? Sorry to ask so much but I have spent the last week combing over many nanobox threads and information overload over the course of all the changes over the years. And as much as I try to talk myself out of it I am sold sold sold. One last thing whats the lead time now?

Two weeks right now. Two channel is standard. Bluefish Mini standard as well. :)

-Dave

Already hit ya up last night on your site. Can't wait, invoice will be paid when I can unglue my eyelids.:) Again thanks Ben for always being able to answer questions and help as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Building a low budget lamp for my sons tank (24x14x14) with two v3 arrays from dave. I plan to drive both white channels with one meanwell lpc 20 350 constant current power supply (20 watts, 350ma, 9-48V). The blue channels will be driven by two meanwell lpc 35 700 ( 35 watts, 700ma, 9-48V).

Is it good to go that way, or would you recommend to drive the blue and the white channels with 700ma?

I can imagine, that the color will be too white this way?

I'm a little confused with the jumper settings. If i want to have one white channel (CH 1) an one blue channel (CH 2 + CH 3 + CH4) which jumpers do i have to bridge?

Thanks for your help!

- Björn

post-87741-0-77342700-1429781004_thumb.jpg

Building a low budget lamp for my sons tank (24x14x14) with two v3 arrays from dave. I plan to drive both white channels with one meanwell lpc 20 350 constant current power supply (20 watts, 350ma, 9-48V). The blue channels will be driven by two meanwell lpc 35 700 ( 35 watts, 700ma, 9-48V).

Is it good to go that way, or would you recommend to drive the blue and the white channels with 700ma?

I can imagine, that the color will be too white this way?

I'm a little confused with the jumper settings. If i want to have one white channel (CH 1) an one blue channel (CH 2 + CH 3 + CH4) which jumpers do i have to bridge?

Thanks for your help!

- Björn

attachicon.gifv3Array_double.jpg

The jumpers are like so. CH1 - Lime/ Whites and Violets. CH2 Blue, cyan, royal blue.

With the photo above you would need to add an extra wire from Cyan/Blue - to UV + and then ending your string with UV - to the Meanwell.

700 on blue and 350 on white is perfect if you like a nice 20K.

Hope this helps!

Archived