Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Begow's 10g Fusion // Huge Photo Update

Begow

Just wondering, but isn't there a risk of that carpet anemone deciding to wander around and stinging all of the corals in the tank to death? How to you keep it...tame.....if it's possible at all?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wondering, but isn't there a risk of that carpet anemone deciding to wander around and stinging all of the corals in the tank to death? How to you keep it...tame.....if it's possible at all?

Ow yeah a big risk. They pack a sting that will kill all corals. Have to handle them with gloves to.
lilmatty5dimes

Great shots. With the $400 why aren't we seeing a new cadlights 50g in the background. Lol I finally got the wife to approve on that 60g tank fully set up and the guy told me someone 25 minutes earlier said he was grabbing it tonight. Duh. Lol if not a tank an apex for the future would be my choice to get.

Ow yeah a big risk. They pack a sting that will kill all corals. Have to handle them with gloves to.

I've had multiple carpets in the past, and from my experience once they find their spot they don't move. I've had terrible luck with BTA's though. It seems like they never stop moving. If this thing survives, I always keep a good eye on my corals, my wife is also home to keep an eye on it all day, if it starts to move it'll be gone. I have too many expensive corals to worry about.

Great shots. With the $400 why aren't we seeing a new cadlights 50g in the background. Lol I finally got the wife to approve on that 60g tank fully set up and the guy told me someone 25 minutes earlier said he was grabbing it tonight. Duh. Lol if not a tank an apex for the future would be my choice to get.

The sump area and all that wasn't as nice as I hoped. I thought the CAD Light tanks were similar to Elos, and the sumps are no where near as pretty lol. So I passed.

Because Cadlights sucks balls. There plumbing sucks there customer service sucks they just suck :).

I've had multiple carpets in the past, and from my experience once they find their spot they don't move. I've had terrible luck with BTA's though. It seems like they never stop moving. If this thing survives, I always keep a good eye on my corals, my wife is also home to keep an eye on it all day, if it starts to move it'll be gone. I have too many expensive corals to worry about.

The sump area and all that wasn't as nice as I hoped. I thought the CAD Light tanks were similar to Elos, and the sumps are no where near as pretty lol. So I passed.

Cad can't hold the rag to wipe Elos workers ball sweat. I have owned a Elos and it's a fine ass tank.

what would you recommend instead? (sorry to hijack)

Pico or Miracles. Have you ready the horror stories about there metric drilled plumbing holes?

This is Cads bulkheads that leak.

D1851753.jpg

Mess with them long enough to stop the leak and get this.

DB7001A2.jpg

Then get no help from Cad in fixing the matter. So then you contact Pico and pay a little more for a quality product ;).

DSCN9410.jpg

Pico or Miracles. Have you ready the horror stories about there metric drilled plumbing holes?

This is Cads bulkheads that leak.

D1851753.jpg

Mess with them long enough to stop the leak and get this.

DB7001A2.jpg

Then get no help from Cad in fixing the matter. So then you contact Pico and pay a little more for a quality product ;).

DSCN9410.jpg

Lawn how much did Pico charge you?

lilmatty5dimes

Because Cadlights sucks balls. There plumbing sucks there customer service sucks they just suck :). Cad can't hold the rag to wipe Elos workers ball sweat. I have owned a Elos and it's a fine ass tank.

I was going to ask how you really felt about them but after the next post saw the crack and I would have been the same way. Lol

Did you see that elos 200g that's $2700? That baby is sweet.

Tank is 36x24x12 which had to be freighted. Think it was 710 dollars total shipped.

How big of a tank will they make do you know? I've got a fried who wants a 180+.

Tank is 36x24x12 which had to be freighted. Think it was 710 dollars total shipped.

Not too bad, that include the stand?

I was going to ask how you really felt about them but after the next post saw the crack and I would have been the same way. Lol

How big of a tank will they make do you know? I've got a fried who wants a 180+.

Dude that 200g Elos is insane!!!!!! I would love that tank.

Not too bad, that include the stand?

Dude that 200g Elos is insane!!!!!! I would love that tank.

lol no the stand is 500 I salvaged that from the broken tank order from Cad. 700 in the Pico tank 500 for the stand 200 for the sump. So call it 1400 dollars. With everything hardware wise I have about 2500 in that tank. Don't even ask about livestock lol.

lol no the stand is 500 I salvaged that from the broken tank order from Cad. 700 in the Pico tank 500 for the stand 200 for the sump. So call it 1400 dollars. With everything hardware wise I have about 2500 in that tank. Don't even ask about livestock lol.

How much in livestock? :^ )

How much in livestock? :^ )

Between 2-300 ;).

Not sure how big of a tank Pico will make. I do know Miracles makes huge tanks.

That is an expensive tank build!

Got some pic today before work.

My new acans and old acans:

9VtKJcK.jpg

GU5ashB.jpg

FTS with the lovely glass spot from my dick head clownfish

qtzkAaq.jpg

lilmatty5dimes

qtzkAaq.jpg

Man if I were you I would let this ride out till you have some more cash and upgrade to something you really want(with the wife's approval. Lol ) this tank looks great. Grab some more zoas to fill up the rocks and acans or chalices for the sand bed.

How's your anemone?

Between 2-300k ;).

Not sure how big of a tank Pico will make. I do know Miracles makes huge tanks.

Miracles will build basically anything they can get the glass for and structurally hold. I have seen pics of some monsters from them that make mine look like a betta bowl. They aren't cheap, but you don't get cheap quality either.

Its really not that bad, especially with a high quality tank.

Looks good man!

Man if I were you I would let this ride out till you have some more cash and upgrade to something you really want(with the wife's approval. Lol ) this tank looks great. Grab some more zoas to fill up the rocks and acans or chalices for the sand bed.

How's your anemone?

Yeah I'll be sticking with this tank for a while, but I'm going to get rid of a few of my zoa frags I don't like too much, to make more room for Acans/SPS. The anemone is doing okay, looks good during the day, but towards the end it starts looking all shitty. Who knows. It's not dying, I know when they do die it's pretty rapidly, so I'm not sure what's going on with it.

Yeah I'll be sticking with this tank for a while, but I'm going to get rid of a few of my zoa frags I don't like too much, to make more room for Acans/SPS. The anemone is doing okay, looks good during the day, but towards the end it starts looking all shitty. Who knows. It's not dying, I know when they do die it's pretty rapidly, so I'm not sure what's going on with it.

Too long and / or intense of a light cycle?

• 3 months later...
reefernanoman

My new acans and old acans:

9VtKJcK.jpg

GU5ashB.jpg

qtzkAaq.jpg

Looking good! How many tanks are you running now?

• 2 months later...

Archived