Innovative Marine Aquariums

Begow's 10g Fusion // Huge Photo Update

Begow

Alright guys.

Today I did the whole swap to a new sand bed, cleaned all the rocks off, and restarted the tank 100%!! The new water vacuum I got really did help, and I think it will make water changed SO much easier.

I also mowed my lawn today, jesus it was long from the rain, and I have a shitty push non-propelled mower. It stalled every 10 feet or so, and I'm exhausted!

xELgg3i.jpg

ir6ZbSu.jpg

EeG3XNq.jpg

HJugOz9.jpg

ZzanZNF.jpg

iTjnnEQ.jpg

chGUFKt.jpg

I saved the corals that I thought were still alive, even if they were all super closed. I have 3 zoanthid frags that I'm not sure will make it or not, but I hope they do. I also saved my Red Planet Acro, and my Reef Tech Monti, they both had some color left in them, and although some of it looks awful, I have faith I can save them with proper care. I put in new Carbon in my reactor, and I also put in new filter floss.

I really need to buy some new coral glue, so I can get stuff locked down in the tank, I need sand sifting snails, and I also need to buy more filter floss.

I also went to my LFS with some extra cash I made this weekend and picked up a 13+ eye Bubblegum Monster Chalice, and a single polyp of Utter Chaos, $48! Such a good price, and they're holding it for me until next weekend!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
reefernanoman

Alright guys.

Today I did the whole swap to a new sand bed, cleaned all the rocks off, and restarted the tank 100%!! The new water vacuum I got really did help, and I think it will make water changed SO much easier.

I also mowed my lawn today, jesus it was long from the rain, and I have a shitty push non-propelled mower. It stalled every 10 feet or so, and I'm exhausted!

xELgg3i.jpg

ir6ZbSu.jpg

EeG3XNq.jpg

HJugOz9.jpg

ZzanZNF.jpg

iTjnnEQ.jpg

chGUFKt.jpg

I saved the corals that I thought were still alive, even if they were all super closed. I have 3 zoanthid frags that I'm not sure will make it or not, but I hope they do. I also saved my Red Planet Acro, and my Reef Tech Monti, they both had some color left in them, and although some of it looks awful, I have faith I can save them with proper care. I put in new Carbon in my reactor, and I also put in new filter floss.

I really need to buy some new coral glue, so I can get stuff locked down in the tank, I need sand sifting snails, and I also need to buy more filter floss.

I also went to my LFS with some extra cash I made this weekend and picked up a 13+ eye Bubblegum Monster Chalice, and a single polyp of Utter Chaos, $48! Such a good price, and they're holding it for me until next weekend!

What happened? Tank crash?

What happened? Tank crash?

Basically. A lapse in water changes mainly. It was too far gone, and had to many dead spots, so I moved the rock out about an inch from the back wall, and I'm really considering adding another WP-10.

Well today the tank looks AMAZING. The corals don't look all that good obviously, but the clarity, and the overall look of the tank is so much better with white sand.

Here are some pics:

Iia7oBQ.jpg

gMhENtJ.jpg

bXkAfQP.jpg

lC4Nm0I.jpg

0S3G1qe.jpg

So as you can see the Hammer is back to opening back up, which is great. My ReefTech Monti is showing some signs of polyp extension, and even some color in some spots, so I'm really hoping it makes a come back since it's one of my favorite pieces. The zoanthids and palys are still closed, and I don't know if they'll make a come back, they look the same with no improvement. And lastyly my ORA Red Planet Acro is showing some color and polyp extension, so I'm pretty stoked! Need to invest in a bigger clean up crew, and get a bottle of vinegar for my corraline covered Flipper Magnet Cleaner!

Some more pics after my water change tonight:

ORA Red Planet showing signs of life

4xiPNVZ.jpg

Latin Lovers opening up:

rB3HUyo.jpg

Reeftech Monti saying hello:

rB3HUyo.jpg

Above tank half empty:

qFuogd2.jpg

This new vacuum water change machine is amazing!!!! It makes water changes so clean and easy!

mHOjySw.jpg

Dinner, Garlic Teriyaki, Honey glazed porkchops with FRESH honey right from the hive:

pkFbI53.jpg

My boy being silly today:

LF8rvbw.jpg

Looking great! It's such an "upgrade" from its status a week or so ago.

Maybe some Zs & Ps? :)

I picked up a 1 polyp frag of Utter Chaos and a 10+ eye of Bubblegum Chalice, $48 and I'll snag them this week, probably Thursday before work.

Anyone have any suggestions for a snail or something along those lines that will eat detritus out of the sand bed and something that will eat it off the rocks?

I notice my snails are typically ALWAYS on my glass, yeah I may find one or two on my rocks from time to time, but they still aren't doing a great job. I really need something to get in there and CLEAN!

Anyone have any suggestions for a snail or something along those lines that will eat detritus out of the sand bed and something that will eat it off the rocks?

I notice my snails are typically ALWAYS on my glass, yeah I may find one or two on my rocks from time to time, but they still aren't doing a great job. I really need something to get in there and CLEAN!

Turbo snails always like rocks in my experience. Maybe 1-3

Shrimp like rocks too... But you should Blast the rocks to clear off detritus as well :)

Turbo snails always like rocks in my experience. Maybe 1-3

Shrimp like rocks too... But you should Blast the rocks to clear off detritus as well :)

This past weekend I took all the rock out and shook it violently in fresh saltwater, a lot of the stuff didn't come off. I need to find something that will clean the rocks for sure.

Toothbrush.

And reefcleaners.com

lol I'm not taking out the rock all over again, #### all that. Not to mention it's corraline covered, if I scrubbed all of it I feel like I would have a cycle.

I am looking into a new CUC, but just need some sand sifters plus some good rock cleaners. I'm emailing John (I think that's his name) at Reef Cleaners.

It won't cycle it's already in the tank,just do it when you do a water change and suction the junk from the water column. You don't need to take it our of the tank.

It won't cycle it's already in the tank,just do it when you do a water change and suction the junk from the water column. You don't need to take it our of the tank.

Yeah I'll try that out.

New snails I found last night :

tSx6ebe.jpg

My giant Pom Pom sticking out, he's so shy:

BGHX4vm.jpg

My boy, sleepy boy this morning:

LfxQvNC.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
4 hours ago, frahny said:

What happened to this tank?

Begow was gunned down by a crooked contractor. 

7 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Begow was gunned down by a crooked contractor. 

Good thing I carry, this reefing thing is getting dangerous

Archived