SaltCritters.com

Joe M's IM 10G Nuvo Build!

joem1cha3l

Well, I came home today to 3 more boxes :) Two from Marine Depot and one from Steve at InTank.

The Tunze Osmolator ATO was quite intimidating when unpacking it, but with a little patience, I was able to figure it out. I also cut out the back of the stand to allow for my 3 Gallon water reservoir for the ATO system. Everything fits perfect!

Everything tucked away nice and clean!

And a full tank shot for now :) Fighting micro bubbles and such, but it'll work for now. I think I like the aquascape. Tough see, but I've created a "cave" with a good bit of flat rock work also for shelves.

• Like 1

Looks great!

The instructions for the Tunze really crack me up. Only German engineers can turn hooking up a couple cables, running a tube from the pump to the tank, and plugging it into the wall into a 54 page manual with 98 pictures. But it's really well built :)

• Like 1

Looks great!

The instructions for the Tunze really crack me up. Only German engineers can turn hooking up a couple cables, running a tube from the pump to the tank, and plugging it into the wall into a 54 page manual with 98 pictures. But it's really well built :)

God bless the Germans, I am the sort of person who needs all 98 pictures to figure things like that out. ;) #mechanicallychallenged

• Like 1

Just curious what stand you have. I also have the same tank but would like a stand similar to yours. Beautiful tank by the way!

It was the stand for the 14 Gallon Biocube that my LFS had in stock. Fits perfect!

I have the JBJ for my Nuvo 10. Is the third chamber the best placement for the float switch? I do not have the ghost skimmer and currently have it in the second but not sure if one position is better than the other.

I have the JBJ for my Nuvo 10. Is the third chamber the best placement for the float switch? I do not have the ghost skimmer and currently have it in the second but not sure if one position is better than the other.

The level that will fluctuate first is the 3rd chamber. I would def move it over IMO.

Only one that flux is the third chamber...

Best to put it there

Unless you have your float valve really really high, having it in the second chamber will not keep your salinity from swinging. Return chamber is where you want it, unless your water level is above the baffle in the third chamber.

reefernanoman

Well, I came home today to 3 more boxes :) Two from Marine Depot and one from Steve at InTank.
D643B59F-DC7C-4C56-99F5-C72D346BBBCF_zps
The Tunze Osmolator ATO was quite intimidating when unpacking it, but with a little patience, I was able to figure it out. I also cut out the back of the stand to allow for my 3 Gallon water reservoir for the ATO system. Everything fits perfect!
80D6D037-1D9B-4863-950B-6605E025AC01_zps
Everything tucked away nice and clean!
32A8A1DB-7B41-49DA-BD71-7354B114E423_zps
And a full tank shot for now :) Fighting micro bubbles and such, but it'll work for now. I think I like the aquascape. Tough see, but I've created a "cave" with a good bit of flat rock work also for shelves.
3EB2FFFD-1ABD-4D7B-9B28-36A00BCD69E5_zps

Looking good. I personally left space between both sides of the glass in order to get the magnet cleaner in there.

Day 5 of cycling - this month long process is going to kill me! lol. Right now I'm debating on pulling the trigger on the MP10, RKL or a dosing system. At this point, thats the order of "importance" to me as well. Any thoughts?

Personally if your in the midst of a cycle I would say mp10 or RKL then a dosing system. No need to dose anything with a cycle going on. The mp10 will help remove decay on the liverock from dieoff.

Well my AI EXT mount came in today, with the 12" extension. I knew it wasn't meant for the nano, but figured I could fabricate something to make it work. Needless to say, its the best $100 i've spent so far. I am very happy with it and with some drilling, I was able to make it work flawlessly!

http://s165.photobucket.com/user/HID_Positive/media/5D8AB8D0-7420-4FB1-95CE-D17C9E349F77_zpswwwwwmjy.jpg.html'>5D8AB8D0-7420-4FB1-95CE-D17C9E349F77_zps

http://s165.photobucket.com/user/HID_Positive/media/6040601C-9B13-4D4E-8210-72309B92E05B_zpsx57ojlqi.jpg.html'>6040601C-9B13-4D4E-8210-72309B92E05B_zps

http://s165.photobucket.com/user/HID_Positive/media/566DBDBC-2371-4198-AC2C-3F080A2E7850_zpsrrqztzlg.jpg.html'>566DBDBC-2371-4198-AC2C-3F080A2E7850_zps

A shot from our kitchen looking into the living room. Its clearly become the focal point now :)

http://s165.photobucket.com/user/HID_Positive/media/F97A7520-5A87-4FB3-AC6F-7DC95DECB1AD_zpsdxsdlstt.jpg.html'>F97A7520-5A87-4FB3-AC6F-7DC95DECB1AD_zps

How did u mount it on the back end?

Its a 48" post that has a bracket that screws into your stand. You then slide the post into the mounting bracket to keep it in place. I had originally bought the clamp on arm that goes on the back, but it wouldn't fit due to the Ghost Skimmer.

I understand that part. I have the same stand. But the backing of the stand is just thick cardboard...did you reinforced the backside?

it has 4 screw holes, all I did was screw it into the top part of the stand with the top 2 screws and that was plenty

• Like 1

it has 4 screw holes, all I did was screw it into the top part of the stand with the top 2 screws and that was plenty

Ic im just worried about my radion if i do the same thing...