Innovative Marine Aquariums

Joe M's IM 10G Nuvo Build!

joem1cha3l

Hey guys, just picked up my Nuvo 10G today at my LFS. Pics are below!

Just placed an order a few minutes ago for an AI Nano LED fixture with arm, live sand, refractometer and test kit. Tomorrow I'll be ordered my heater and salt and intank. I plan to head back to the LFS for Live rock after my sand arrives.

I'll most likely be adding an MP10 this week and I'm still considering a RKE. I want to do this once and right. I plan to run two clowns and mostly coral. The first 3-5 months will likely just be the fish, clean up crew and maybe a couple of Zoos.

My wife and I just finished building our new house and she was cool with my keeping this in the living room as long as I kept everything neat. Im hoping to have this up and running with all equipment, live rock and sand by the end of next week. I want this cycle to begin!

The tank looks a little small in the corner with our extra tall ceilings and my big tv haha. Hopefully once its all lit up that will help!

0074EFB2-0F56-4C69-B131-A9A4320EA94E_zps
AFAE7960-A715-4E8D-892F-69652FA15A14_zps
F52E6EA9-8D8B-4DD7-9247-50E6ECDB0F23_zps

Any suggestions you guys may have for an auto-top off system would be great! Its something Im going to keep in mind for the future. For now the MP-10 and probably a ghost skimmer are of priority.

• Like 2

Looks great! I also set up my 10g fusion today, you can check my thread. I think people are going with the tunze osmolator nano for ATO. That's what I am using, and it fits in the rear just fine. I'm mixing salt currently! My plan is acans/zoas with two small wyoming clowns! Good luck

• Like 2

Welcome to the crew. :) I have mine as well, just waiting to get everything in the mail and after the holidays to get it going. I second the Tunze Nano ATO, its the 3152 model.

P.S. Nice TV. B)

• Like 1

:welcome: to the IM10 club! I think it's going to look great in that corner. And you have a built in excuse to upgrade when your corals and fish start to upgrade the tank :)

The Tunze Nano ATO is great and I third the recommendation. Also, I did a lot of research on the RKE vs Apex controller and ended up getting the Apex based on reviews and features. It's worked great for me and I'd highly recommend it.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the words guys! Just placed the order for my InTank, media and Tunze Nano ATO. I feel like as busy as I can get, an ATO unit on such a small tank is a MUST have.

I've already dropped $850 in the last 2 days on this tank :o

Next is probably a DJ Powerstrip. I used to have one on my old tank and it was great to have for feeding and such. The ability to shut off each individual item is very convenient.

So now I've got about $100 in Liverock to buy, which leaves me $50 shy of my $1000 budget. Unfortunately, I splurged for the lighting system I wanted with the AI Nano, so the Reef Keeper Elite is going to have to wait :(

However, it leaves me with one thing left that appears to be a MUST with this tank. Either an MP-10, or an upgraded pump (or both?).

I will splurge and get the MP10 now if you guys think its a must, but would an upgraded pump be fine for now until I really get into the SPS? At the bare minimum, I would add the Spin Stream. If I HAVE to have a powerhead, I'm only interested in using the MP10.

• Like 2

why not just get a wp-10 or a rw-4 instead of a mp10 to save some money?

^ I agree with kylhcky, I use the rw-4 and it's great.

Really trying to avoid the wires in tank. Being that this is right in the center of my house, I want as clean a look as possible. So, at that point I'd be paying for aesthetics over function....

• Like 2

I got the MP-10 for the same reason - it takes up the least space in the display area of the tank. I love mine.

However, unless you want to keep SPS, you could get by with the stock or upgraded return pump with a spinstream. I wouldn't recommend a spinstream with the stock pump, but if you take off the little square flow redirector from the stock return, you'll get a decent flow rate throughout the tank. It just won't be random flow and you won't be able to control where it goes.

Very well. That's exactly why I use the mp10 on my display in the living room, the wires! I bought the rw4 for my fusion because, well, it's cheap. Working great so far.

• Like 1

Big day today as far as initial progress guys! Got my package from Bulk Reef Supply..... :D

http://s165.photobucket.com/user/HID_Positive/media/DD519B96-2ED2-44CF-91FD-6A5C5C284F16_zpshtx9v3vg.jpg.html'>DD519B96-2ED2-44CF-91FD-6A5C5C284F16_zps

I have another package with my salt, heater and nano mount on the way from Marine Depot. I also got an email from the LFS that they were getting a fresh shipment of live rock today. So i went and bought 10G salt mix and another heater to get things started, so I could take advantage of the live rock selection.

While I was there, I purchased the AI Nano Stream. AI Ghost Skimmer, a digital thermometer and 11 Lbs of LR to get my cycle going! Cant wait to get the mount for the nano light.

I'm trying to buy the equipment i want the FIRST time, not something that will hold me over, just to upgrade a month later.

Lastly, I have a package coming from Steve at inTank of the media, insert and the JBJ Nano ATO. I'm about $1200 deep in 1 weeks worth of time. The only thing left to purchase now is the MJ900 pump upgrade and then I'm calling it quits until the cycle is done! Enjoy!

http://s165.photobucket.com/user/HID_Positive/media/485F097D-28F4-4C17-82AA-E500BDFA9649_zpsk4h1iex0.jpg.html'>485F097D-28F4-4C17-82AA-E500BDFA9649_zps

Fresh from the box! Fiji Rock

How it sits currently!

http://s165.photobucket.com/user/HID_Positive/media/B7DB7E5E-E7E0-4A86-993F-304B168DE11D_zps5cema8ed.jpg.html'>B7DB7E5E-E7E0-4A86-993F-304B168DE11D_zps

http://s165.photobucket.com/user/HID_Positive/media/328B0058-BAF1-493F-878F-27A673C3CC34_zpsnfmw5hlv.jpg.html'>328B0058-BAF1-493F-878F-27A673C3CC34_zps

• Like 5

What is the build quality of the tank? How is the low iron glass?

I'm very satisfied with the quality of the build. I leak tested it for 4 days with zero issues. All the silicone joints seem nice and tight. As of now, I have no complaints about the low iron glass. Its crystal clear at this point

• Like 1

Looks great! Lots of good stuff on that live rock!

Watch out for that Oolite sand, though. A lot of people complain that it's too fine and when gets blown around too easily by water pumps it doesn't stay in place. But it's really pretty :)

Looks great! Lots of good stuff on that live rock!

Watch out for that Oolite sand, though. A lot of people complain that it's too fine and when gets blown around too easily by water pumps it doesn't stay in place. But it's really pretty :)

Man, the one thing I didn't research was the sand! Didn't think that would be an issue. We will see I suppose.....Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

I lived with mine for about 9 months in my 4g tank and it wasn't too bad. But it did limit how high I could get the water to circulate. When I changed it out for a coarser sand it was a happy day, though :)

Man, just confirmed with AI that you cannot use the arm mount for the nano with the ghost skimmer. They would interfere with each other. The only option would be to mount it from the ceiling, which I don't think I want to do in my brand new home. Any ideas here guys? Anyone seen anything pre-fabricated to make these work together?

reefernanoman
What is the build quality of the tank? How is the low iron glass?

It looks way better when I compare it to my NC 28G, since I got a fusion 10g too!

• Like 1

Found that it will fit the Sol, so order is placed! Hope to have it end of this week or early next week. Its imperative that I can use a skimmer, so ditching it for the light mount wasn't an option

• Like 1