Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Cju84's 5.1g Pico Reef (updated 12/16/2018)

cju84

More pics! Came home today after one day of new frags in tank and clown is already hosting polyps. Seems to love them.

OMG...your tank has exploded with amazingness!!!!! I love that your clown has already found it's home...and it's perfect :happy:.
  • Like 1

Your tank looks great! I am glad you didn't take it down. I will be following along.

Thanks! Following yours as well :)

OMG...your tank has exploded with amazingness!!!!! I love that your clown has already found it's home...and it's perfect :happy:.

Thanks Gena!

• Like 1

Also - I might be a bit overstocked in corals... not sure if I should remove anything... Thoughts??

In my opinion, your frogspawn, which are beautiful, are taking up a lot of room.

It really depends on what else you want to add though, if anything. If everything is happy, growing, and not getting in each other's way, you are good. If warfare breaks out because the corals are too close and inhibiting each other's growth, then you might need to think the herd.

Looks good to me though!!

• Like 1
aquariumlover10

If you want to remove something for new corals or new growth, id say frogspawn on up right, and zoas on bottom left, and then get some acros or something.

• Like 1

In my opinion, your frogspawn, which are beautiful, are taking up a lot of room.

It really depends on what else you want to add though, if anything. If everything is happy, growing, and not getting in each other's way, you are good. If warfare breaks out because the corals are too close and inhibiting each other's growth, then you might need to think the herd.

Looks good to me though!!

I totally agree with you. Cleaning the aragonite is impossible too (at least in the front/sides). There is actually a lot of room in the back of the tank that is unoccupied. Perhaps I can move the frogspawn back more and get rid of the Xenias in the front. Probably could trim down the Palythoas as well, but I'm obsessed with their colors (and the clown made them his home).

• Like 1

I totally agree with you. Cleaning the aragonite is impossible too (at least in the front/sides). There is actually a lot of room in the back of the tank that is unoccupied. Perhaps I can move the frogspawn back more and get rid of the Xenias in the front. Probably could trim down the Palythoas as well, but I'm obsessed with their colors (and the clown made them their home).

I would have a hard time getting rid of something if my clown called it home...

You do still have some open rockwork that will fill in once those zoas start to grow. Though, looking again, you are very symmetrical - zoas in the front right and left, frogspawn in the back right and left.

Take a look at some tanks featured in TOTM, pick out some corals you might like to have, and make a plan for where they can fit. That helped me decide what to get and where to put everything.

• Like 1

I know, he loves it too much... but whenever I'm around he always comes out and says hi... I don't think I can part with them haha... But there is a lot of it, so maybe I could cut it down by half.

Def. can move some of the frogspawn and then totally get rid of the Xenia..

post-85688-0-25145900-1415759697_thumb.jpg

Why not get a small anemone for the clown then if he/she hosts it get rid of some of the zoas.

Tank is a little small for an anem I think.

i still see rock and sand...u have room =P

Hahaha... I don't feel as bad now, thanks.

There actually is a LOT of room in the back behind the main rock fixture.

Love the tank dude! I like what you did with the space. Tons of respect for people that can keep Pico reefs - seems so hard!

Thanks man, really appreciate it.

Maybe I'll just leave everything as is then.

• cju84 changed the title to Cju84's 5.1g Pico Reef (new fish added 9/30/2017)