Cultivated Reef

Poker's Fusion - I shall call him squishy. Page 5

pokerdobe

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great new additions - once you place em let's see a FTS

Thanks! I think I'm on an LPS streak - picked up a duncan and an acan yesterday...

I'll get you those shots... I'm just indecisive when it comes to placement.

Moved the frogspawn and hammer to the other side of the tank - mounted the hammer onto the midlevel of the rock and mounted the frogspawn onto the base of the rock next to the "cave." You'll notice I changed up my rock work to create better coral placement opportunities.

Should I mount the PTSD hammer? (green hammer I almost killed)

Q64jn6n.jpg

So I've been told that gonis are a hit or miss.... Opinions and advice on keeping this thing alive? I did a water change and it absolutely did not like it... stayed closed for 4-5 hours.

Any help is appreciated! Or if I should just give it up...

Apologies about the photo - I can't get the white balance and color correct on my phone... been too lazy to bust out the DSLR.

Ns7YBt2.jpg

Photo Dump. For you Sk8n Reefer.

FTS 11/22/14

mFbpXJB.jpg

Acans

RJEo5QE.jpg

Random Zoas.. Dunno what they are. If anyone can tell me what they are, that'd be great.

o6jNNib.jpg

Hammer top down shot - Is this really a blue hammer?

956Wyvz.jpg

Co6wCM1.jpg

Close up of some frogspawn

ynX26zI.jpg

Top down of the wall hammer (not sure what color). Also, Duncan in the edge. Poor duncans are being molested by the clowns... But it has 4 new heads that are coming in.

XbGCB1J.jpg

Red Goni... Still trying to get a handle around this coral.

M9ATb2b.jpg

Clownfish being an ass.

gnOJXVw.jpg

The accused.

LPealRW.jpg

Very nice! Thank you for the shots?. That color of your Goni is crazy strong. That wall hammer top down shot with the clown is sick. Tank looks good and everyone looks healthy

Very nice! Thank you for the shots. That color of your Goni is crazy strong. That wall hammer top down shot with the clown is sick. Tank looks good and everyone looks healthy

No problem - considering the timing of our builds, your tank is like a twin tank. Just the twin that got the better end of the stick. :P My tank has absolutely nothing on your tank. The amount of growth and the sheer vibrancy of your tank is pretty much unmatched, especially for the length of time it's been established.

I'm just now starting to get new heads on several of my LPS. there's other's such as my stunted hammer and the acan that doesn't seem to be making much progress.

One day my tank will be half as good as yours.

No problem - considering the timing of our builds, your tank is like a twin tank. Just the twin that got the better end of the stick. :P My tank has absolutely nothing on your tank. The amount of growth and the sheer vibrancy of your tank is pretty much unmatched, especially for the length of time it's been established.

I'm just now starting to get new heads on several of my LPS. there's other's such as my stunted hammer and the acan that doesn't seem to be making much progress.

One day my tank will be half as good as yours.

Hey thanks man- very kind words- "twin that got the better end of the stick ". Hahaha- that made me laugh out loud! Your tanks is looking great - the open scape is really cool. It's really starting to develop well?. Ya we are kinda running close to the same time frame with everything- glad our Nuvo's are still holding up! Your corals all look happy and healthy! Stay the course- things will start filling in before you know it

• 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks man- very kind words- "twin that got the better end of the stick ". Hahaha- that made me laugh out loud! Your tanks is looking great - the open scape is really cool. It's really starting to develop well. Ya we are kinda running close to the same time frame with everything- glad our Nuvo's are still holding up! Your corals all look happy and healthy! Stay the course- things will start filling in before you know it

My corals are manic depressive, bi polar creatures. They'll go from happy to looking like death in a span of an hour and back again.

Hopefully they won't fill in too much - just picked up a Fusion 20, a sicce syncre, and intank baskets. Commence operation transfer... when I get around to it.

Excellent tank build and pictures, definitely going to follow your build!

Thanks! I think I actually PMed you some time ago asking about what kind of sand you used, lol.

My corals are manic depressive, bi polar creatures. They'll go from happy to looking like death in a span of an hour and back again.

Hopefully they won't fill in too much - just picked up a Fusion 20, a sicce syncre, and intank baskets. Commence operation transfer... when I get around to it.

Thanks! I think I actually PMed you some time ago asking about what kind of sand you used, lol.

Bailing on the Nuvo ? To much worries with the breakage issues? That fusion will be nice- lots of room!

Bailing on the Nuvo ? To much worries with the breakage issues? That fusion will be nice- lots of room!

Breakage issues are definitely a concern, but I'll probably keep the Nuvo 16 running as well...but as a cold water, whatever I happen to bring back from my fishing trips tank. Keeping the corals in the Nuvo 16 has been nerve wracking. Also, this gives me the opportunity to redo all my wiring since it's completely unorganized in the back.

Fusion will be coming in tomorrow... worried that it'll be cracked, knowing my luck...

Breakage issues are definitely a concern, but I'll probably keep the Nuvo 16 running as well...but as a cold water, whatever I happen to bring back from my fishing trips tank. Keeping the corals in the Nuvo 16 has been nerve wracking. Also, this gives me the opportunity to redo all my wiring since it's completely unorganized in the back.

Fusion will be coming in tomorrow... worried that it'll be cracked, knowing my luck...

I haven't heard of any of them cracking- you should be fine. Stoked to see what you do with all that room

So.. the Fusion is here... alongside some other goodies...

How do I go about doing a tank transfer? I want to keep as much of the old tank water as possible....

Should I just use new sand?

Will this move make my new clam unhappy?

Will the new Star Wars movie be good?

So many question, so little answers.

So.. the Fusion is here... alongside some other goodies...

How do I go about doing a tank transfer? I want to keep as much of the old tank water as possible....

Should I just use new sand?

Will this move make my new clam unhappy?

Will the new Star Wars movie be good?

So many question, so little answers.

Hahahaha- Star Wars movie- you could use some new sand and transfer some of your old but if your keeping your Nuvo you don't need much. Do a good w/c and use that water- ya your clam will be pissed along with everything else but they'll get over it- let's see the new tank! What are you using for a stand?

Hahahaha- Star Wars movie- you could use some new sand and transfer some of your old but if your keeping your Nuvo you don't need much. Do a good w/c and use that water- ya your clam will be pissed along with everything else but they'll get over it- let's see the new tank! What are you using for a stand?

Haven't thought about the stand yet... to be honest, I'm not sure what's suitable... I like the stand I have now, but I don't think it'll hold the 20...

I've thought about the mix and match approach for the sand and that's what I'll probably go for the sand.

New tank is still sitting in it's box. I haven't even seen it yet.

Haven't thought about the stand yet... to be honest, I'm not sure what's suitable... I like the stand I have now, but I don't think it'll hold the 20...

I've thought about the mix and match approach for the sand and that's what I'll probably go for the sand.

New tank is still sitting in it's box. I haven't even seen it yet.

Not out of the box- I'd have to be tinkering. What about lighting- gonna keep your nanobox- that's a great looking light

Not out of the box- I'd have to be tinkering. What about lighting- gonna keep your nanobox- that's a great looking light

Definitely keeping the nanobox BUT I'm going to pick up either the Kessil 160 or 360 for the Nuvo 16. I'll be setting up the Nuvo at my office and stocking it with random Gulf Coast critters.

I'm going to be browsing Ikea this Saturday while I pick up some RODI.

Still sticking with your Nuvo?

Definitely keeping the nanobox BUT I'm going to pick up either the Kessil 160 or 360 for the Nuvo 16. I'll be setting up the Nuvo at my office and stocking it with random Gulf Coast critters.

I'm going to be browsing Ikea this Saturday while I pick up some RODI.

Still sticking with your Nuvo?

The 360 would probably give ya better coverage but depending on what you put in there might not be needed. Ya - I'd like to get past a year with it for sure- I am starting to have to frag some pieces. Probably go for a large upgrade eventually- maybe a 80-90 cube- I think that would be fun- got the wife slowly starting to agree to it- slowly. I'd like to try a LED/t5 combo unit over it and grow some large pieces.

The 360 would probably give ya better coverage but depending on what you put in there might not be needed. Ya - I'd like to get past a year with it for sure- I am starting to have to frag some pieces. Probably go for a large upgrade eventually- maybe a 80-90 cube- I think that would be fun- got the wife slowly starting to agree to it- slowly. I'd like to try a LED/t5 combo unit over it and grow some large pieces.

It's all about wearing down the opposition slowly and methodically.

a 80/90 cube would be badass - are you going for true cube or shallow? Would you be doing Dave's nanobox/T5 combo?

It's all about wearing down the opposition slowly and methodically.

a 80/90 cube would be badass - are you going for true cube or shallow? Would you be doing Dave's nanobox/T5 combo?

Hahaha- absolutely- I've been looking at the sc aquarium 80-32x24x24 or the 90-36x24x24 - look like nice tanks. Ya the nanobox combo is what I am interested in- I see a lot of people going with the straight T5's now on sps tanks though- not excited about yearly bulb replacement though. Gotta research more as usual

Archived