Japanese swallowtail

Tiny red soapfish

Orange spot rabbit isn't looking too good

Tamarin wrasse

Leopard wrasse

Japanese swallowtail

Tiny red soapfish

Orange spot rabbit isn't looking too good

Damn! No faulty equipment causing any electrical current?

Damn! No faulty equipment causing any electrical current?

Haven't checked that yet . Leads for my meter are missing so I have to get new ones tomorrow.

If that's the case , there are only 3 items that could be the source .

Skimmer pump sca302

Return pump Jebao DC 6000

Heater Via Aqua titanium 500w

Oh and inverts all seem fine

Kids did not spray, dump or who knows what?

You said the pico is just fine too? Same H20 change?

Nothing from the kid , she wasn't here , and she is old enough now (6) to where she doesn't mess with it. She actually only goes near that tank when I'm working on it, she likes to ask questions and help me with it. Other than that she just looks from afar .

Pico is in great shape, and yes the same batch of water was used on the pico Wednesday afternoon. Only difference is the pico has carbon (chemi pure blue) and the 65 does not .

Sorry for your loss man. :( And sorry about the tank. Double suckage.

Thanks Shaun , it has been a rough couple of weeks for sure.

One weird but very good thing , my only surviving SPS ...

Oregon Tort frag .

Looks as if nothing has gone wrong . Not sure how I pulled that off.

Happy Birfday old man :)

Sweet dreams? :)

Thank Ya Ma'am

I had visions of nekkid mermaids all night long, and then lawn walked in and it was magic :wub:

jedimasterben

Tiny red soapfish

"One downside to soapfish ownership is the potential risk that some species pose to their tankmates because of their toxic body slime. If harassed by a tankmate or the aquarist, or if they are ill, they might secrete copious amounts of grammistin, which could result in the death of the soapfish and any other fish in the tank. Fortunately, this only happens rarely in a home aquarium. The only time I have seen this occur is when a Rypticus species was excessively handled and then placed back into a tank.

If you do notice fish kept with a soapfish breathing heavily or behaving abnormally, remove all of the animals from the tank, and separate the other fish from the soapfish immediately. Do a huge water change (around 80 percent) and use a lot of activated carbon to try and remove the toxin. It may be prudent just to start all over! Unfortunately, if a soapfish is emitting excessive amounts of toxic slime, it is likely to continue to do so if you move it to a new tank, and this will probably lead to its death. But again, this is a very rare problem, so you do not need to worry about this happening.

Also, when capturing a soapfish, use a specimen container, as this is less stressful to the fish. The spines on the gill covers are susceptible to getting tangled in an aquarium net."

"One downside to soapfish ownership is the potential risk that some species pose to their tankmates because of their toxic body slime. If harassed by a tankmate or the aquarist, or if they are ill, they might secrete copious amounts of grammistin, which could result in the death of the soapfish and any other fish in the tank. Fortunately, this only happens rarely in a home aquarium. The only time I have seen this occur is when a Rypticus species was excessively handled and then placed back into a tank.

If you do notice fish kept with a soapfish breathing heavily or behaving abnormally, remove all of the animals from the tank, and separate the other fish from the soapfish immediately. Do a huge water change (around 80 percent) and use a lot of activated carbon to try and remove the toxin. It may be prudent just to start all over! Unfortunately, if a soapfish is emitting excessive amounts of toxic slime, it is likely to continue to do so if you move it to a new tank, and this will probably lead to its death. But again, this is a very rare problem, so you do not need to worry about this happening.

Also, when capturing a soapfish, use a specimen container, as this is less stressful to the fish. The spines on the gill covers are susceptible to getting tangled in an aquarium net."

Well son of a bitch

And the rabbit was breathing heavy , but seemed ok this morning

jedimasterben

Well son of a bitch

And the rabbit was breathing heavy , but seemed ok this morning

Yep, as soon as I read soapfish I knew what happened. Sucks dude, but at least now you know :(

I'd get the rabbit into some fresh saltwater if you can. Blast all your rocks/sand, stir everything up, then do as close to a 100% water change as you can. Change your carbon, too.

Yep, as soon as I read soapfish I knew what happened. Sucks dude, but at least now you know :(.

Crazy how a fish that small can destroy that much water. Still curious about the SPS though , everything just went at once except for the one piece on a frag rack .

Sorry for your dad and your tank.

Thanks

I will just go stare at your tank to make myself feel better for a little bit .

Archived