Coral Vue Hydros

B's 65 Gallons of Doom

jbb

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I need to see how this was done so I can tinker with my 10 ;)Jk... Did you drill the back?
I did not drill the tank at all , everything is HOB . I am moving the tank today to my office, so maybe I can grab a couple of pics for you.

I did get some fans for the stand tho, the humidity was causing all kinds of trouble

lol, I don't have room for the sump. Besides, a sump on a 10g isn't really going to help me much ;)

I'll keep planning my dream tank set up with a sump and eventually get that going when I can afford it and have the room!

lol, I don't have room for the sump. Besides, a sump on a 10g isn't really going to help me much ;)

I'll keep planning my dream tank set up with a sump and eventually get that going when I can afford it and have the room!

Still going for that 300g huh

If it can't cause a flood that might kill you in your sleep, it's not worth having

True, but if it's too big then it becomes too much work

True, but if it's too big then it becomes too much work

On a serious note . The best performing system I have ever had was my 40b with 20 long sump. Return was a QuietOne 3000

Lighting was 150w Phoenix 14k mh with 2 24" T12 VHO super actinics

Mp20

Loved that tank

If I set up that dream tank, it was going to be a 40B custom tank with nice thick glass and no rim, with a 40B acrylic sump, LED lighting (possibly t5 hybrid), skimmer below, middle of sump a basic macro refugium with fiji mud, all drilled and nice and pretty. I'd go maxspect gyre (if and when they ever make a smaller one) for flow

If I set up that dream tank, it was going to be a 40B custom tank with nice thick glass and no rim, with a 40B acrylic sump, LED lighting (possibly t5 hybrid), skimmer below, middle of sump a basic macro refugium with fiji mud, all drilled and nice and pretty. I'd go maxspect gyre (if and when they ever make a smaller one) for flow

Well Dave has the new hybrid in the works, and the baby gyre is set for the end of this month, sounds like you better get to work.

Have Chris make the 40b, that thing would be pure SEX

Yeah, I'm a loooooooong ways from that. Even if I had the space right now, I'm a postdoc - we don't make sh*t for money ;)

Sounds like your wife needs a better job to support your habit :lol:

Sounds like your wife needs a better job to support your habit :lol:

Hahaha, she does have a decent job - makes more than I do. I just need to finish up this postdoc and get a good job. Working on that, too.

I did not drill the tank at all , everything is HOB . I am moving the tank today to my office, so maybe I can grab a couple of pics for you.

You didn't drill? You spent $200 on an AIO tank only to rip out the false wall and put a siphon overflow on it?

Aiyayiyayi.

I already had the siphon box on hand, I want to drill it, but I'm still deciding on how I want to do it.

• standard corner box with bottom drill
  • back wall drill with ghost type box
  • x-aqua in/out box
  • or something custom that I have been toying with

You didn't drill?

Archived