Cultivated Reef

21gallons of shallow custom acrylic

nismo_sky32

Did a little aquarium setup on my day off. ADA 60f with an ac110 housing a neotherm 50 watt heater and a tunze 9001 skimmer. Manually adjustable tunze powerhead for more unneeded flow and a temporary light

post-80649-0-64705500-1412103241_thumb.jpg

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Developing quite well, love it!

Thanks. It was a last minute decision to set it up today. A buddy decided to buy the last of my freshwater fish so it opened up some space for me to start this tank. I have a tank upgrade for this thread coming in the next few weeks(finally going sumped)but I'm keeping that build top secret until it gets here lol

Looks clean man! I dig it!
Thanks man! Not as clean looking as yours but I'm happy with how it turned out. I'm glad I could fit the heater and skimmer in the filter. I tried with them in the tank, the heater wasn't bad but the skimmer looked horrible.

post-80649-0-14001300-1412129329_thumb.jpg

post-80649-0-10075000-1412129382_thumb.jpg

A few more bad quality shots of the ada

Love how shallow it looks man!!

What kind of light is going over this?

Damn...I'm not really sure. Possibly my tide if I decide to upgrade my light on the super secret upgrade project lol. It's just fowlr right now. I moved over the dottyback from the Nuvo 8 that he was in. Not even sure what kind of corals or fish will be in this. I was just sick of looking at it empty on my bookcase. I'm thinking a nice elegance coral on one side with a pair of frostbite clowns.

Angel<3Nanos

Damn...I'm not really sure. Possibly my tide if I decide to upgrade my light on the super secret upgrade project lol. It's just fowlr right now. I moved over the dottyback from the Nuvo 8 that he was in. Not even sure what kind of corals or fish will be in this. I was just sick of looking at it empty on my bookcase. I'm thinking a nice elegance coral on one side with a pair of frostbite clowns.

An island on the middle with the top bareky sticking out of the water, surrounded by zoas :)

An island on the middle with the top bareky sticking out of the water, surrounded by zoas :)

That's something i could work with! An elegance or euphyllia on the left side and an island of zoas on the right then make the upcoming tank my rock flower, shroom and whatever else i can squeeze in there tank

Angel<3Nanos

That's something i could work with! An elegance or euphyllia on the left side and an island of zoas on the right then make the upcoming tank my rock flower, shroom and whatever else i can squeeze in there tank

Yes! So much potential!

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade is in transit and should be delivered Thursday! I jumped on the cadlights 50 gallon cube artisan II pre order! So...the 21 gallon aio will be coming down and the ada will be my "quarantine" tank if the gf asks lol. I'm a little nervous about performing my first saltwater tank transfer

One more day until the upgrade gets here!

In other news...finally found use the aquatop 5.4 gallon. Made the gf a plant terrarium for sweetest day

post-80649-0-58482200-1413932709_thumb.jpg

One more day until the upgrade gets here!

In other news...finally found use the aquatop 5.4 gallon. Made the gf a plant terrarium for sweetest day

attachicon.gif20141021_190204-1.jpg

Ooooh nice! What kind of light do you use in a planted terrarium?
Ooooh nice! What kind of light do you use in a planted terrarium?

I have no clue lol. Most the plants said sunlight would be fine. Pretty much your common indoor terrarium plants (i think?). Makes me want to try something fancier with the 14inch cube or the 15 gallon zen and set it next to the cad stand for decor

I know nothing of terrariums lol. Been tossing around the idea of drilling the 60f and using the zen as a sump. That'll leave me with the cube to experiment with and out would fit nicely in the corner next to the stand. Would also let me hide the ato tank behind it

post-80649-0-38442500-1414101197_thumb.jpg

Latest addition to the ada 60f. Fancy snowflake and wyoming white. They paired up pretty quickly and have been getting along all day

• 2 weeks later...

Archived