Cultivated Reef

21gallons of shallow custom acrylic

nismo_sky32

Any word on the tank from AA?

Ermagurd, why doesn't N-R notify me when you quote me? This site picks & chooses when it wants to give me a notification lol.

I had to start harassing AA, but finally got word on shipment. It's shipping 2 weeks late, but should be here this week!

Oh, & if you're still looking for an AC110, I've got one to sell with the InTank media basket. PM me if interested.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the simplicity and the ease of not having to build it myself lol. Both would run about $140 at Ikea. The bigger unit is roughly 48x16x26 and the smaller is 24x16x15. They're stackable and if they can hold the weight, exactly what I'm looking for

I like the simplicity and the ease of not having to build it myself lol. Both would run about $140 at Ikea. The bigger unit is roughly 48x16x26 and the smaller is 24x16x15. They're stackable and if they can hold the weight, exactly what I'm looking for

plug and play. Awesome. :)

No updates for my salty tank but i did move my petricola cats over to the 15 gallon Zen

post-80649-0-20709900-1410921502_thumb.jpg

The tunze is just temporary until i can go grab another ac70. I like the look of no filter on these rimless tanks. I might have to go filterless on the two rimless reefs i setup

No updates for my salty tank but i did move my petricola cats over to the 15 gallon Zen

attachicon.gif20140916_223644-1.jpg

The tunze is just temporary until i can go grab another ac70. I like the look of no filter on these rimless tanks. I might have to go filterless on the two rimless reefs i setup

Looks good man!
Looks good man!

Thanks. That powerhead is blowing the poor catfish around when they go on the left side of the tank. It's quite comical. Hopefully I'll have time to get them a filter tonight.

I picked up a very small potters angel (i know he'll outgrow this tank, future upgrade?). I couldn't resist. These fish have to be one of my absolute favorites. He picked off every single strand of gha my tank had. The first few days he didn't seem to want anything but the algae, turning his back to multiple things i tried feeding. Fast forward three days later and this little guy is smashing the nls pellets! Hopefully pics to come later if he can stay still long enough

post-80649-0-77917000-1410997797_thumb.jpg

Best pic i could get

erictorres0311

NIce addition, and very nice tanks. Wanted to try the rimless tanks, but my son says otherwise. He has an arm and tends to throw things into my already stock 12g jbj dx nano.

Hahaha which tunze is that the 6015 pump,and it's in a 15 throwing sand around.. Well damn,so much for wanting to put one in my 7 gallon..

I love that Angel,those are such nice looking fish.

NIce addition, and very nice tanks. Wanted to try the rimless tanks, but my son says otherwise. He has an arm and tends to throw things into my already stock 12g jbj dx nano.

Now that both my kids are older i can do the rimless tanks although my son liked using the freshwater tank in his room for the GI Joe figures and he's 11 lol. You could always try a mesh top

Hahaha which tunze is that the 6015 pump,and it's in a 15 throwing sand around.. Well damn,so much for wanting to put one in my 7 gallon..

I love that Angel,those are such nice looking fish.

That's the 6025 in there. I would imagine the 6015 would do the equivalent in the 7 gallon. The 6020 might be worth checking out for that tank since the flow isn't so concentrated. Once i get a ac70 that powerhead is coming out for sure. I might need it for one of the salty tanks until i get the 6040. I wish i could get a better pic of the angel. He looks so much better in person. I was afraid it wasn't going to take pellets but luckily did. Only about 1.5 so i have a little bit of time before an upgrade is needed (I've read they are slow growers)

erictorres0311

Now that both my kids are older i can do the rimless tanks although my son liked using the freshwater tank in his room for the GI Joe figures and he's 11 lol. You could always try a mesh top

True but knowing my son he would just take it off, some how. Than he would practice basketball in the tank.

The company I work for just started updating the outdoor lighting to led

post-80649-0-27161500-1411064874_thumb.jpg

Made me think about how cool it would be to mount a full spectrum fixture like this above a tank

post-80649-0-56431400-1411068279_thumb.jpg

New top shot! Pulled two small pieces of rock out to open up a small area of sand around the shroom. Happy with how it turned out but i keep looking all the tanks on here and get jealous of how perfect the scape looks. I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this...

post-80649-0-09005800-1411315596_thumb.jpg

Been busy dealing with house and car issues the past week. Hopefully I'll get my other two tanks up and running later this week. I've been looking into the cadlights shallow 45 or another similar sized tank when it's time to upgrade for my potters angel

Been busy dealing with house and car issues the past week. Hopefully I'll get my other two tanks up and running later this week. I've been looking into the cadlights shallow 45 or another similar sized tank when it's time to upgrade for my potters angel

Oooh! Cadlights 45g!! Sweeeeet!!! :D

Oooh! Cadlights 45g!! Sweeeeet!!! :D

My mind has been all over the place since starting this hobby. As much as I like the aio, I miss having a glass tank. Both the tanks I'm getting ready to setup are nice too but I know I'm going to eventually want a sumped tank. The ease of having just one tank that can accommodate all my livestock will be nice and the cadlights artisans are just plain sexy! I even looked into elos but for the price they want and only front panel starfire...that's a little disappointing. The only thing that has me hesitant about the cadlights tanks is some of the past horror stories on build quality and customer service. Although it seems like they're getting better from the more recent reviews.

Archived