Top Shelf Aquatics

21gallons of shallow custom acrylic

nismo_sky32

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice looking tank. Any pics of the coral beauty? Wish I could get one.

Thanks! No pics of the coral beauty. He ended up nipping some of my polyps so he had to go. Ended up trading him in and getting the shag shroom.

post-80649-0-56812800-1410042738_thumb.jpg

New side shot after I put the 6020 in the tank. You can see how much closer to the wall it is compared to the 6025 in my previous side shot

Looks good man! I'm diggin that 6020!

Thanks! I'm liking it a lot. You can see the gsp flowing in different directions now instead of getting blasted in one direction and my sand isn't blowing out of the front corner anymore! I also put the skimmer in. Had it in the center chamber but with the magnet on the pump return side it was creating a waterfall sound lol. It'll fit in the overflow area but then I would need to remove the media trays...ugh

I'm really starting to enjoy this tank more and more and getting used to the more than I'd like liverock. I might have to focus on filling it up with more coral before I setup the other two. I really want to get some more shrooms! Sorry Angel lol

I'm really starting to enjoy this tank more and more and getting used to the more than I'd like liverock. I might have to focus on filling it up with more coral before I setup the other two. I really want to get some more shrooms! Sorry Angel lol

haha hey gotta do what you gotta do!

post-80649-0-16881100-1410063294_thumb.jpegpost-80649-0-94285300-1410063315_thumb.jpegpost-80649-0-84074800-1410063338_thumb.jpeg

Thinking about one of these to put the two tanks on. Solid pine for only $150 at Ikea. I have my current tank on the white (which actually has a white and grey look) and it's held up fine so far

attachicon.gif hemnes--drawer-chest__0152704_PE311015_S4.jpegattachicon.gif hemnes--drawer-chest__0152706_PE311017_S4.jpegattachicon.gif hemnes--drawer-chest__0152647_PE311000_S4.jpeg

Thinking about one of these to put the two tanks on. Solid pine for only $150 at Ikea. I have my current tank on the white (which actually has a white and grey look) and it's held up fine so far

Those look nice man! Do they have more colors or that's it?
Those look nice man! Do they have more colors or that's it?
That's all the website showed. They had a light brown when I got the white one but it's no longer an option when selecting the color. I like the red but my girlfriend hates red. It's actually a hemnes 3 drawer bedroom chest but it works well hiding my supplies and blurays in the livingroom

post-80649-0-06435600-1410064419_thumb.jpeg

Also liked this but at 53" tall and $300...I'd rather spend the money on corals

That's all the website showed. They had a light brown when I got the white one but it's no longer an option when selecting the color. I like the red but my girlfriend hates red. It's actually a hemnes 3 drawer bedroom chest but it works well hiding my supplies and blurays in the livingroom

attachicon.gifhemnes-linen-cabinet__0105685_PE253176_S4.jpeg

Also liked this but at 53" tall and $300...I'd rather spend the money on corals

how about some DIY?? :D
how about some DIY?? :D

That's what I really want to do. Have a two tier stand with the ada on the top, the aquatop on the lower tier next to it then my current tank underneath the stand

That's what I really want to do. Have a two tier stand with the ada on the top, the aquatop on the lower tier next to it then my current tank underneath the stand

I say go for it man!! It ain't nothing better than the satisfaction of building your own stand. ;)
I say go for it man!! It ain't nothing better than the satisfaction of buiilding your own stand. ;)

My diy woodworking skills are not up to par and building a tiered stand for three diff sized tanks seems difficult. Maybe just a tiered stand for the two and a peninsula stand for my aio

My diy woodworking skills are not up to par and building a tiered stand for three diff sized tanks seems difficult. Maybe just a tiered stand for the two and a peninsula stand for my aio

you can do this maaaan! :)
I too recently purchased a custom shallow AIO from AA, they do great work :happy:

Definitely. I've had mine up and running since February and still have yet to find any complaints.

Archived