SaltCritters.com

21gallons of shallow custom acrylic

nismo_sky32

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that's alot of rock man! LolAt least to me.

Me too. It's driving me crazy! The three white pieces in the front right corner are newer. Those are in the tank awaiting the new projects. I have another 3 pieces in the filtration area as well. This tank started with only the large coral skeleton in the back left corner, the larger rock in the back right corner and a small totoka rock cove. I want that minimal look back! Hopefully by the end of the month

Me too. It's driving me crazy! The three white pieces in the front right corner are newer. Those are in the tank awaiting the new projects. I have another 3 pieces in the filtration area as well. This tank started with only the large coral skeleton in the back left corner, the larger rock in the back right corner and a small totoka rock cove. I want that minimal look back! Hopefully by the end of the month

Well think about this tank as your "temporary holding" tank. When you get the others running, you'll have some amazing tanks! ;)

Things I have:

ADA 60f

Aquatop HCC14

20lb reef flakes

20lbs mini reef flakes

Massive amounts of liverock

Things to get:

RODI unit!

Neoprene pad for ada tank

Neo therm 50 watt heater

Tunze 6040 powerhead (eventually)

Aquaclear 70/110 x 2 (possible)

Nano Box duo

Nano Box mini

Hmmm...am I missing anything?!

Things I have:

ADA 60f

Aquatop HCC14

20lb reef flakes

20lbs mini reef flakes

Massive amounts of liverock

Things to get:

RODI unit!

Neoprene pad for ada tank

Neo therm 50 watt heater

Tunze 6040 powerhead (eventually)

Aquaclear 70/110 x 2 (possible)

Nano Box duo

Nano Box mini

Hmmm...am I missing anything?!

Skimmer for the ac110??

What kind of rodi unit are you going with?

Ah...yes. Surface skimmer for the filters. I'll definitely get those if I go with filtration other than natural flow and rock. No clue on the rodi unit. What do you suggest?

Ah...yes. Surface skimmer for the filters. I'll definitely get those if I go with filtration other than natural flow and rock. No clue on the rodi unit. What do you suggest?

I love my surface skimmer. But I just dont get where im suppose to place my ATO sensor as evaporation takes place mostly inside the box. Ill have to ask.

Well I just bought my rodi unit about 3 months ago.

Its a spectrapure refurbished. Im very pleased. I actually got some help from AZdesertRat who's like a god in water filtration lol. He recommended that unit.

Works flawlessly. Im just ready to change my DI resin. And in another 3 months im changing the carbon and sediment.

They are very affordable. I get 0tds all day long.

Here's a link.

http://spectrapure.com/FACTORY-REFURBISHED/Refurbished-90-GPD-RODI-System

I love my surface skimmer. But I just dont get where im suppose to place my ATO sensor as evaporation takes place mostly inside the box. Ill have to ask.

Well I just bought my rodi unit about 3 months ago.

Its a spectrapure refurbished. Im very pleased. I actually got some help from AZdesertRat who's like a god in water filtration lol. He recommended that unit.

Works flawlessly. Im just ready to change my DI resin. And in another 3 months im changing the carbon and sediment.

They are very affordable. I get 0tds all day long.

Here's a link.http://spectrapure.com/FACTORY-REFURBISHED/Refurbished-90-GPD-RODI-System'>http://spectrapure.com/FACTORY-REFURBISHED/Refurbished-90-GPD-RODI-System

I read a previous thread where he recommended that unit. Probably the one I'll go with. I know nothing about ato so I'm no help there. I'm doing daily manual ato still but that is another possible future purchase

I read a previous thread where he recommended that unit. Probably the one I'll go with. I know nothing about ato so I'm no help there. I'm doing daily manual ato still but that is another possible future purchase

yeah man. Spectrapure has awesome rating! And very affordable.

ATO is the way to go. Since i always forget to fill up :D

Haven't set either up but tested to make sure they both worked. Pictured with my energy drink for size comparison. The 6020 is small! Should work great for the 60f

post-80649-0-92756200-1409886128_thumb.jpg

That powerhead is the new Tunze with non-adjustable flow right ? I was thinking about looking into one of those or a 6015 powerhead if I didn't go with a RW-4 or MP10 for the Fusion.

That powerhead is the new Tunze with non-adjustable flow right ? I was thinking about looking into one of those or a 6015 powerhead if I didn't go with a RW-4 or MP10 for the Fusion.

Yep. Pretty impressed with what it can do for such a small pump. Definitely has a wider angle of flow than the original style. My only complaint is that it was making the water flow straight up and bubble above the surface directly above it. I think putting it in horizontally with the flow close to the wall will work out better

Oh okay,is that the only complaint on the pump ? I'm debating on trying it or not. But it's fairly cheap. While the controllable one is about $70.

I honestly wish there was smaller controllable pumps. EcoTech needs to come out with a like MP5 or something for is smaller tank guys lol. That'd be epic.

Oh okay,is that the only complaint on the pump ? I'm debating on trying it or not. But it's fairly cheap. While the controllable one is about $70.

I honestly wish there was smaller controllable pumps. EcoTech needs to come out with a like MP5 or something for is smaller tank guys lol. That'd be epic.

I feel yah on smaller pumps man :/
Looking forward to the new scape man! :)

Scape change might have to wait until tomorrow. Long day of work kicked my arse.

That is pretty much my only complaint. Only had it in the tank for about 15 minutes but the flow seemed more evenly spread out unlike the jet stream from the old style. At $40 it's hard to pass up. I like the lower profile it has which will make it a hell of a lot easier to hide. I believe the controllable model is going to be around $140 (with the controller included?) I really want an mp10 but I read a post almost every month about failure.

Oh i didn't know they had one with a controller,from what I was reading on AquaCave it's just a valve/tab like the Hydor Pico powerheads. I could be wrong though,I'll have to double check.

It's 50:50 with those damn things,some people have have them for years and never have issues while some constantly have issues. I feel like I'd be one of the ones that has problems 24/7 hahahaha.

The 6020 is comparable to the 6025 and the 6040 is comparable to the 6055 with the electronic controller capability

post-80649-0-78249600-1410012397_thumb.jpeg

I do believe this is the controller out comes with

Unfortunately the new scape pics look exactly the same. After having my hands in the tank way longer then I like, the scape ended up looking exactly the same only farther from the walls for easier cleaning lol. I did however move my green shag shroom closer to the viewable side. I won't be able to change the rock much until I get the other tanks going

Archived