Innovative Marine Aquariums

21gallons of shallow custom acrylic

nismo_sky32

I have a Tunze DOC 9001 Nano Protein Skimmer en route for this tank and a Tunze Nanostream 6020 for aquatop. I wanted to get the 6040 for the control but that still hasn't released. I plan on putting that in the 60f. Hoping the new design will cut down on the sand blowing around and leaving bare spots

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks man! Wish I had a better camera so I could get some quality shots. I think I might make this a clown and rock nem tank once the others are up and running

Angel<3Nanos

Thanks man! Wish I had a better camera so I could get some quality shots. I think I might make this a clown and rock nem tank once the others are up and running

Ooohh that would be sooo cool! I've decided to add a rock nem and a pair of sexys for my 5.4

Ooohh that would be sooo cool! I've decided to add a rock nem and a pair of sexys for my 5.4

Yes! Do a green and red or one of each lol

I'm aiming for 12 in this tank. I paid between 30 and 40 for each one. Got 4 of them on sale from cherry corals pre macna sale. The green pop like crazy under the tide

Angel<3Nanos

I'm aiming for 12 in this tank. I paid between 30 and 40 for each one. Got 4 of them on sale from cherry corals pre macna sale. The green pop like crazy under the tide

That's a sweet price! I might order one or 2 :)

Angel<3Nanos

I got a few more lined up but first I have to take care of some zoas Paandemonium has put aside for me

Ooohh. Claya has some nice stuff. Show some pics when you get those!

Definitely. Looking like a few weeks before I'll get them but I have some nice ones lined up so it's well worth the wait. My next step with this tank is getting the skimmer in then rescaping to make more room. I put some rock in the display and the filter area to get them ready for the upcoming projects so it's way more than my liking. Hopefully I can get started on the stand within the month to get everything situated

I don't know why NR didn't notify me that you responded to my post <_< I may have gotten the striped RFA, not sure :lol:. It's orange with a black skirt and blackish lines so I guess it's kinda striped. No pics yet as I'm moving over to a Nuvo 20 soon for this tank. Still waiting on my cube from AA...they've been silent to my requests for an update on the status since it should've shipped/arrived this week but did not.

Should have my skimmer and powerhead on Thursday. Still need an ato and a RO/DI if I am going with more than one tank. Might even have something the ada and aquatop will fit on, so if all goes as planned I'll hopefully have another build thread for everybody in the upcoming weeks

Should have my skimmer and powerhead on Thursday. Still need an ato and a RO/DI if I am going with more than one tank. Might even have something the ada and aquatop will fit on, so if all goes as planned I'll hopefully have another build thread for everybody in the upcoming weeks

Awe yeah! :D

Having responsibilities is putting me way behind schedule. Damn kids lol. I'm finishing up my list of what I need tonight. I have some lily pipes and a hydor inline heater I grabbed from gti a few months back. Debating on using them in my 14" cube or my freshwater tank. I kinda want to try going with just a powerhead and liverock and water changes for filtration but hate having the heaters in the open. So many decisions

Having responsibilities is putting me way behind schedule. Damn kids lol. I'm finishing up my list of what I need tonight. I have some lily pipes and a hydor inline heater I grabbed from gti a few months back. Debating on using them in my 14" cube or my freshwater tank. I kinda want to try going with just a powerhead and liverock and water changes for filtration but hate having the heaters in the open. So many decisions

Use an Aquaclear. Makes my life easier lol

That's another option I'm debating on. Definitely need to thin out this live rock in this tank. Did my weekly water change and cleaning and it was a pain in the arse with all of it in my way. I have enough rock in this tank to scape the other two tanks and then some. I'm thinking a cove style scape in this one and one larger piece with two smaller accent rocks in the other two tanks. What are your thoughts?

Tunze skimmer and pump should be in tomorrow!

Use an Aquaclear. Makes my life easier lol

Might look at getting ac110 filters for the two other tanks and turn the flow all the way down lol. I like the idea of having the extra space. My other thought was to build an acrylic sump to sit behind the tanks, use a pump to draw the water in and have it overflow back into the tank...hmmm
I don't know why NR didn't notify me that you responded to my post <_< I may have gotten the striped RFA, not sure :lol:. It's orange with a black skirt and blackish lines so I guess it's kinda striped. No pics yet as I'm moving over to a Nuvo 20 soon for this tank. Still waiting on my cube from AA...they've been silent to my requests for an update on the status since it should've shipped/arrived this week but did not.

Any word on the tank from AA?

That's another option I'm debating on. Definitely need to thin out this live rock in this tank. Did my weekly water change and cleaning and it was a pain in the arse with all of it in my way. I have enough rock in this tank to scape the other two tanks and then some. I'm thinking a cove style scape in this one and one larger piece with two smaller accent rocks in the other two tanks. What are your thoughts?

Im a fan of minimalistic scapes. Let's see some pics! ;)

Tunze skimmer and pump should be in tomorrow!

Might look at getting ac110 filters for the two other tanks and turn the flow all the way down lol. I like the idea of having the extra space. My other thought was to build an acrylic sump to sit behind the tanks, use a pump to draw the water in and have it overflow back into the tank...hmmm

I think AC110s are too much even with the flow turned all the way down. BUT, I've seen people swapping the pump for one of the smaller models. Maybe you can do that and still have all that extra space?
Im a fan of minimalistic scapes. Let's see some pics! ;)I think AC110s are too much even with the flow turned all the way down. BUT, I've seen people swapping the pump for one of the smaller models. Maybe you can do that and still have all that extra space?

Will try to get some pics up sometime soon. I have so much liverock in the tank, it's making it hard to clean off the acrylic. Definitely need to thin this ish out soon so I can get my minimalistic look back.

In other news, I got my tunze skimmer and the new nanostream powerhead in the mail today!

Archived