Coral Vue Hydros

new Jebao RW-8 wireless pump. Like vortech

05XRunner

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anybody tell me what the difference in spread is compared to the WP-25?

I'm looking for less concentrated stream of flow.

the design is different. the WP looks more like tunze and the RW look more like a vortech with a larger opening to give a wider flow over the WP models. Also the controller is different as the RW model can now act wireless with other RW units to sync them up. the RW controller also gives I think 8 levels of power control in the W1 and constant mode where the WP just had S1,S2,S3 speeds

I wonder how the 4's will be. I haven't seen really anyone use them. I convertered litre's to gallon and looks like the 4 puts out around 100 + gph on it's lowest setting and up to 2000 -/+ on ye highest.

Anyone thing this would be too much for a 7 gallon ?! I have 200 gph going thru my tank now and it's fine,I've been thinking about adding my 2nd Hydor pump but idk.. When I move I want to upgrade some equipment and the pump would be the first thing I do.

ClownTriggerDude

I have the RW-4 on our 29g BioCube, and it's fantastic. It's all the water movement I need.

It may be too much for a 7g, unless it's a dominated SPS tank.

post-82203-0-81243600-1406312059_thumb.jpg

post-82203-0-07241100-1406312062_thumb.jpg

post-82203-0-29715000-1406312064_thumb.jpg

post-82203-0-44551700-1406312066_thumb.jpg

Well damn,that throws a wrench in my plans lol fack....

The tank was supposed to be only sps but Zoa's took over hahahahaha :D

I would think you could tone it down enough to be fine in a 7G tank. I have a 425 Hydor in my tank and that isn't quite enough flow. If you can tone it done 200GPH-600GPH you should be fine.

NorthGaHillbilly

If it's anything like the wps you could run it off a 12 volt power supply and cut the flow in half. Which would give you several levels of flow that should work well in a smaller tank.

Just found this...sorry if I'm last at the party. This seems to certainly give the Jebao line of pumps some extra utility...

JBWave

I just found this as well. I'm debating about going with this or wiring them into my Apex.

The JBWave features look excellent, but the Apex option seems to allow more flexibility, and the ability to do one-button feeding changes.

Any other thoughts/considerations?

ClownTriggerDude

The Jebao does have a one button feeding.

The apex is great and can control the motion, thus not needing the Jebao controller.

I'm on day 4 of my RW-15 and I think its way better than the WP-x series.

higher quality plastic, heavier and wider flow.

How is the noise? I have a wp25 that sings audibly in my 55g cichlid tank. I'm looking at an RW4 for my 20L reef though. I have to run the wp on h3 otherwise it's super loud.

Archived