Pod Your Reef

new Jebao RW-8 wireless pump. Like vortech

05XRunner

out for Delivery. thats some pretty fast service shipped from HK. I will be making a video to compare it to a wp-25 in my 40breeder

when you get it could you take some pictures with specific dimensions? I want to mount it so its half hidden behind a false wall and need to know if it will fit, the dimensions they give on the site are super vague :P also does it pull any of its water from behind (if there was a false wall right where the clips connect to the body, would it only pull water from the display, or would it also pull water from behind the false wall?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pump is in and running. uploading pics and video. So far i think its great for the price. review will be up shortly. I will measure it out better

If someone gets one and has owned a mp10. I would like to know how flow and control compares (Not price or noise).

do people think this would be too much for a 20 long as the only source of water movement? or would my old WP-10 suffice? I have it at full power else mode running on my 15 tall and it works great, but I have some reservations about moving it up to the 20 long, or if I should get one of these and have it turned down a little if its too powerful (I can turn this down, I can't turn the WP-10 up any further)

I have everything designed for the WP-10, so I would have to replace a piece of glass (false back wall), but thats not that big of a deal, especially since I wasn't totally satisfied with the silicone job on the wall to begin with :P

no I think it would be fine in a 20L because of how much more control you have over the actual power of the pump from before. The 8 levels of power make it so you can dial it back for much smaller tanks. it is def bigger then a WP10 since its basically the same size as the WP25 just a hair shorter and uses the same magnet base

no I think it would be fine in a 20L because of how much more control you have over the actual power of the pump from before. The 8 levels of power make it so you can dial it back for much smaller tanks. it is def bigger then a WP10 since its basically the same size as the WP25 just a hair shorter and uses the same magnet base

Thats what I was thinking… This is one of those tough decisions, where I could have the tank up and running tonight with the WP-10, or up and running in two weeks after cutting out the acrylic false wall, scraping off all the silicone, redoing it with a new glass wall with a hole big enough for the RW-8, and buying a new RW-8…. I'm so conflicted between all this work finally being ready and redoing something before it even gets wet, but also I don't want to be wishing I had for the rest of this tanks life >.>

Just bought the 2 pack to combine with 1 wp10 for a 75g build I'm working on. :) I was going to buy 2 mp 10w 's. Glad I found this.

frankdontsurf

pump is in and running. uploading pics and video. So far i think its great for the price. review will be up shortly. I will measure it out better

Oh the suspense.

mine is pretty much dead silent. I have to listen for it to hear it. at first it was making this squealing sound at certain speeds. but I pulled it apart and just wiped off the prop magnet and ceramic shaft and that solved that. Was probably just bit of debris on it

Very cool. Thanks for the review. I hope they come out with one that matches the wp60. I know this is a nano forum and I have a couple of those but I am also setting up a 275g 8' tank and was going to go with 2 wp60s. Since they connect wireless I might just get 4 RW15 which matches up with the WP40. Stupid question and I should probable search this what size tank and under makes it a nano? I have an 8g bio and a 29 bio. I know they are nanos but would my 40b be considered a nano? Thanks again. I just ordered a RW8 for my 40b to replace my wp25

ClownTriggerDude
Very cool. Thanks for the review. I hope they come out with one that matches the wp60. I know this is a nano forum and I have a couple of those but I am also setting up a 275g 8' tank and was going to go with 2 wp60s. Since they connect wireless I might just get 4 RW15 which matches up with the WP40. Stupid question and I should probable search this what size tank and under makes it a nano? I have an 8g bio and a 29 bio. I know they are nanos but would my 40b be considered a nano? Thanks again. I just ordered a RW8 for my 40b to replace my wp25

I'm in the same boat. One of our tanks is the 29g Oceanic BioCube and was contiplating with size pump of Jebao to use and how many, one or two ? I should start my own thread, but we're talking about the same issues/questions.

This new 8 is costly and I really don't mind having the cord inside. So first, what gph and how many, one or two ?

well the front of the manual shows a RW-4 and a RW-20 so I would guess the RW-20 would match a MP60 and the RW-4 is just a crazy small nano pump

I'm in the same boat. One of our tanks is the 29g Oceanic BioCube and was contiplating with size pump of Jebao to use and how many, one or two ? I should start my own thread, but we're talking about the same issues/questions. This new 8 is costly and I really don't mind having the cord inside. So first, what gph and how many, one or two ?

In a 29g cube I would wait for the RW-4. The footprint of the RW8 is comparable to WP25's and the WP25 was an eyesore in my 40B so I can't imagine two RW8's in a 29g cube. Obviously this is just a personal opinion and also depends how powerful the RW4 is.

Two pumps always > 1

SteinsFish

If I get the two rw pump package, does that mean each pump will be controlled wirelessly by its respective controllers?

If I get the two rw pump package, does that mean each pump will be controlled wirelessly by its respective controllers?

They are wired to the controllers. It just means the pumps can communicate to each other wireless so you set 1 as a master pump and 1 as a slave.

NorthGaHillbilly

Any pics of a size comparison between the RW-8 and the WP-10? hoping to swap the wp10 and Koralina nano for one RW-8

Any pics of a size comparison between the RW-8 and the WP-10? hoping to swap the wp10 and Koralina nano for one RW-8

It is about the size of a WP25 which is quite a bit bigger than a WP10.

NorthGaHillbilly

I actually just moved my WP-10 on the opposite side of the tank from the return, not sure why I hadent done that before, but I think I can get by without the 425 now. DUA (90's cheerleader voice)

Looks nice, if they preform well I may be interested.

I could really care less if it's similar to the MP series, all the plastic and little parts probably come out of the same factory.

Plus it's not the same design as the MP series, it doesn't have any dry side with a motor or all of that.

Why does it say "like vortech" in the title? It's somewhat controllable so it's like a vortech? Because they don't look similar.

Why does it say "like vortech" in the title? It's somewhat controllable so it's like a vortech? Because they don't look similar.

Looks to me like they copied the design of the wet side of the vortech to the t, but that's just by looking at the pictures, have no idea about the controls or operation.

Archived