ReefCleaners.org

new Jebao RW-8 wireless pump. Like vortech

05XRunner

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LET ME KNOW ASAP! I'm trying to decide if I stick with my WP-10 from my 15 tall or I get the new RW-8 for in my new 20 long. I would have to redesign the back compartment, but I'm probably going to do that anyway as I found a fatal flaw if the return pump were ever to fail without the powerhead failing :P What are peoples opinions? It looks like a good little pump.

I will post a review as soon as I get it. the RW8 looks basically like a MP10 just pushes a little bit more water 2000gph max

I think the overall look of teh pump is nicer looking then the WP25 as well.

Jackal_Knight

Now will people stop complaining when someone compares vortech to jebao. Saying its even the same type of pump. Well now it is

Wow they really jacked the vortech look on this one.

Indeed. Pity they didn't also "get inspired" by the split exterior motor/interior prop design. It's the one feature I'd love to see show up on lower-end power heads, or that would convince me to buy if Ecotech started offering a more fixed-output but lower flow design. Having all of the wiring outside the tank is the big thing I miss from when I tried one out a few months back.

But yeah if I were to see the business end only of either linked product it'd be hard to tell which was which next to a MPxx's wet side.

I also like the new controller you can control the speed of the pump alot more in all the settings. instead of just in w1 with only 3 power speeds

I think it will be a great pump. I really like my wp-25 its dead quiet moves alot of water its just not a super wide flow pattern. I bought a MP40 and sold it the next day as it was to loud for me and I actually liked the way the wp25 moved the water compared to the MP40. I was contemplating the MP10 for the wider flow but was worried not enough in my 40B. now that this is out it seems like it will provide the wider flow pattern and gives a few hundred gph more then the MP10 all for alot cheaper. cost was $101 shipped

Looks nice but It comes to $101.38 with shipping for 1 pump so its a fair amount more expensive than a wp10 and not much cheaper than a used mp10 (price will drop after hype is over though). The set of 2 seems like a good deal though for controlling 2 pumps, I may have to try the set out. Hopefully they are built well enough to last as $100 is enough I would be pissed if it broke.

yes but 101 is still alot cheaper then used Mp that runs about 170 used. and problem with buying those used is they always seem to get loud. if you bought new you could almost buy 3 of these new pumps. once Amazon gets them in I will bet they will be around $70

yes but 101 is still alot cheaper then used Mp that runs about 170 used. and problem with buying those used is they always seem to get loud. if you bought new you could almost buy 3 of these new pumps. once Amazon gets them in I will bet they will be around $70

+1.....first thing I did was go and look to see if they were on Amazon yet. I was thinking the same thing as you.....probably around $70-$80 once it hits Amazon.....can't beat prime shipping woot woot!

yea I love prime but I wanted it now LOL

I bet it will be more durable then the WP models as those were the first ones they probably built on that design internally to make them more durable.

Mp10's have dropped a lot in price with the wp10's (which I love). I picked up 2 last week, both silent for $125 and $145. The $125 one is 6 months old and wireless. Have to shop around on forums though.

I would try a pair on my macro tank though when the price drops and hope they are better than the wp series. I lost $50 on wp10/25's already since I personally did not like them on larger tanks and had to resell. I still have 1 on a small 12g frag tank and it actually works well in there.

still when they hit amazon price will most likely be around the 60-70 mark then your looking at a cost of an entire pump for just replacing the wetside of the vortech WHEN it goes not if. No one seems to complain spending $400+ on say the MP40 and then $80 to replace the wetside or if the bearings go you have to buy a new dryside for $200+ or take chance of replacing yourself and hope it actually makes a difference at all. If you had to replace a jebao every 8months or so it would take 6.5years of replacements to equal the cost of the MP40.

Vortechs are nice but they have always been overpriced and now that these options are out there the price tag of them is just ridiculous and are the Apple of reef gear. I feel teh Radions are godly overpriced as well. I was lucky and get my G2 for the closeout price at BRS for $450 as I think that is the most they are worth

I have been really thinking of buying a MP10 just because I wanted something with a little bit wider flow for my tank. the WP25 does really good just is a bit narrow in flow and anything within like 6" of the pump doesnt get a whole lot of flow. Now that they released these new ones I feel I will never even consider a vortech again.

Indeed. Pity they didn't also "get inspired" by the split exterior motor/interior prop design. It's the one feature I'd love to see show up on lower-end power heads, or that would convince me to buy if Ecotech started offering a more fixed-output but lower flow design. Having all of the wiring outside the tank is the big thing I miss from when I tried one out a few months back.

But yeah if I were to see the business end only of either linked product it'd be hard to tell which was which next to a MPxx's wet side.

They can't do a split motor pump design. Vortech has a patent on that that's why you don't see any others in the market.

I'm.hoping this one gives better undertow than the wps. Vortech still has the upper hand when it comes to undertow

still when they hit amazon price will most likely be around the 60-70 mark then your looking at a cost of an entire pump for just replacing the wetside of the vortech WHEN it goes not if. No one seems to complain spending $400+ on say the MP40 and then $80 to replace the wetside or if the bearings go you have to buy a new dryside for $200+ or take chance of replacing yourself and hope it actually makes a difference at all. If you had to replace a jebao every 8months or so it would take 6.5years of replacements to equal the cost of the MP40.

Vortechs are nice but they have always been overpriced and now that these options are out there the price tag of them is just ridiculous and are the Apple of reef gear. I feel teh Radions are godly overpriced as well. I was lucky and get my G2 for the closeout price at BRS for $450 as I think that is the most they are worth

I have been really thinking of buying a MP10 just because I wanted something with a little bit wider flow for my tank. the WP25 does really good just is a bit narrow in flow and anything within like 6" of the pump doesnt get a whole lot of flow. Now that they released these new ones I feel I will never even consider a vortech again.

I have had the same mp10 for 3 years and it is still quiet. I agree the price on them is crazy stupid though but I bought my 1st one for battery backup to protect my much larger investment in corals. Same reason I dropped $325 on an apex for email alerts and heater control. The price of a few frags will not deter me from backing up my tank. Now I just need a generator but I live in an apt /doh

They do look awesome and hopefully are because I have some giant ass koralia's in my macro tank (they do a great job though but hugggeee).

They can't do a split motor pump design. Vortech has a patent on that that's why you don't see any others in the market.

I'm.hoping this one gives better undertow than the wps. Vortech still has the upper hand when it comes to undertow

I dont know if that applies to them making them in china and selling them in china. I think that only applies to being made here that the patent would be an issue

I dont know if that applies to them making them in china and selling them in china. I think that only applies to being made here that the patent would be an issue

Well vortech isn't built in the US, just it is a US company. Since jebao has warehouses in the US they are technically a US company and can be open to patent lawsuits

The motor being on the inside has some positives anyways. Less chance at noise and you can aim the flow. I guess it depends how much you hate cords.

How much extra heat do they Jebaos put off being inside the tank rather than outside like the Vortech? That to me is the biggest issue as I don't want to run any kind of chiller on a small tank.

I don't mind 1 cord in tank I mean for decades no one cared then vortech came out and it's like people act like tan will die with it in tank. I mean heater, skimer, reactors that go in sump all still got cords in the system

Unless your tank is like 1 gal then the heat the pump makes is not going to even make any difference at all. They are not running with boiling water in them. They are a very low watt pump so it's something I wouldn't even consider

out for Delivery. thats some pretty fast service shipped from HK. I will be making a video to compare it to a wp-25 in my 40breeder

Archived