Innovative Marine Aquariums

new Jebao RW-8 wireless pump. Like vortech

05XRunner

Looks more like a koralia or tunze than a vortech to me.

I think you are looking at the wp. Look at the rw's. Link in op.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ClownTriggerDude
In a 29g cube I would wait for the RW-4. The footprint of the RW8 is comparable to WP25's and the WP25 was an eyesore in my 40B so I can't imagine two RW8's in a 29g cube. Obviously this is just a personal opinion and also depends how powerful the RW4 is.

Two pumps always > 1

I wasn't aware they will be coming out with even a smaller RW-4 series ?

Any idea on when ?

Jackal_Knight

Yeah I would be all over this pump or the RW-4 series if I didnt just get a mp-10 which is really nice but I still don't believe its worth $230+. When Iupgrade to a larger tank I'm gonna look into getting 2 of these rw pumps or some tunzes.

I wasn't aware they will be coming out with even a smaller RW-4 series ? Any idea on when ?

Nope. The RW-4 was just listed on the manual.

ClownTriggerDude

I just received this reply from them.

"We do not have any info as of yet on the MP-4.

Keep a look out online.. many of the chat rooms and such.

Thanks!

Trevor

JebaoPumps.com"

did you actually ask about a MP4? or RW4..they dont make anything MP so maybe why they said they dont have any info

I think it is funny that companies are still making basic circulation pumps with the motors inside the aquarium. My chiller costed almost $1,000 just to keep the temp down a few degrees. Adding in a couple of circ pumps will likely raise your water temp. Why doesn't a company like Tunze, just go all out and invent a super small/slim through-the-glass pump that doesn't cost a fortune?

WOW wish i'd seen this a month ago. A month ago i got myself a wp25 and i hate the fact that it is a very dense spread because i cannot have the direct flow going towards any corals meaning limited positioning. I love its functions, just wish it was a wider spread. I may have to invest in this now...

I think it is funny that companies are still making basic circulation pumps with the motors inside the aquarium. My chiller costed almost $1,000 just to keep the temp down a few degrees. Adding in a couple of circ pumps will likely raise your water temp. Why doesn't a company like Tunze, just go all out and invent a super small/slim through-the-glass pump that doesn't cost a fortune?

Because the patent is held by ecotech

Because the patent is held by ecotech

Dang it! They are probably using about $30 of hardware to make those things.

so Jebao got back to me about the RW4..they said its not ready and how many do I need. maybe I will get lucky and get to test it LOL

so Jebao got back to me about the RW4..they said its not ready and how many do I need. maybe I will get lucky and get to test it LOL

Sounds like a good opportunity for a Nano-Reef Group-Beta event! Multiple reviews would def. help out sales ;)

gulfsurfer101

Has anybody noticed the flow rate of an rw8 vs wp25. I just set up my rw8 today to replace my wp25 but even at its highest power rating, I didn't notice it pushing as much water around my 75g as the wp25. I currently have both of them set up in my tank. I was hoping to part ways with the wp25 but it doesn't look like an option at this point. Needless to say, I'm kind of disappointed with rw8 and wish I would've bought the larger one offered.

Has anybody noticed the flow rate of an rw8 vs wp25. I just set up my rw8 today to replace my wp25 but even at its highest power rating, I didn't notice it pushing as much water around my 75g as the wp25. I currently have both of them set up in my tank. I was hoping to part ways with the wp25 but it doesn't look like an option at this point. Needless to say, I'm kind of disappointed with rw8 and wish I would've bought the larger one offered.

I would assume it is because the flow is wider?

gulfsurfer101

Yeah, that may be true. I just noticed with the wp25 it would rock the $#!# of the small batch of gsp at the complete opposite side of my tank. With the rw8, it dances for a second then sits still for a while. Still I like the ability to run two pumps in C:shift to flow mode. For this, I'll need another rw8 to get that effect going. Has anybody tried this out yet, if so how well does this function preform.

yea I think since the flow is wider its dispersing the 2000gph ove a wider area and not concentrated beam like the WP25 was. I can run my RW8 in my 40breeder on else mode and have crazy flow in the tank and not really stir up sand at all on other side. my wp25 I had to run a universal power supply down to 20v to kill some power cause else mode it wold cause it to dig sand down to the bare bottom on opposite side. I like the wider flow better though

gulfsurfer101

I'll just have to save up and get me another rw8 then to have strong flow on both ends of the tank then. The wp25 was capable of handling the entire length of the 48" tank but I really want an alternating wave from one side of my tank to the other. You know have master on the right back hand side and the slave on the left back hand side and create an alternating pulse between them. From what I read in the instruction manual, it is possible using C:shift mode.

Well, I'm about to order 2x RW-15 but can someone help me out if you think 2x WP25 and 2x RW-15 is too much for a 120G Tank? I already have the 2xWP-25 so should I keep 2x RW-15 or go to RW-8?

Thanks!

i think that would be way to much..the RW15 is equal to the WP40 and I hear people say the 40 was bit strong in 120g tanks

Well, I'm about to order 2x RW-15 but can someone help me out if you think 2x WP25 and 2x RW-15 is too much for a 120G Tank? I already have the 2xWP-25 so should I keep 2x RW-15 or go to RW-8?

Thanks!

You may also want to take a look at the riptide. One powerhead on their large tank was pretty impressive imo.

Archived