ReefCleaners.org

new Jebao RW-8 wireless pump. Like vortech

05XRunner

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NorthGaHillbilly

Any chance I could get a pic of the rw 8 beside a wp10, I know it's close to a wp25, but the wp10 is all I've seen

this is straight from Jebao just the or day. So I would trust them more then fish street

Dear Jon,
RW-4 is not ready, we still need some days, please understand, thanks.
Best Regards
Hector
JEBAO CO., LTD
Tel: 86-760-28136719
Fax: 86-760-28136725
Mob: 86-13590881730
gulfsurfer101

So I made a quick vid of my 75g with both my wp25 and rw8. My rw8 is at full power random else mode, the wp25 is set at wave 1 on s3 setting wuth the dial cranked at 25% or 9 o'clock. As you can see, the water looks like it wants to jump right out of the tank.

75g reeftank aquarium with jeabo wp25 and jeabo rw:

^^^Was trying my best not to wake baby or mommy while shooting this vid, lol.

Supposedly waves are crappy for turnover, how is the else mode on the RW for moving water for those who don't run waves?

gulfsurfer101

In my 75 it's not very strong compared to my wp25 however I do notice it is a more widespread flow. I do like the negative flow you you get out of the else mode from the rw8. Much more than the wp25 and you see the sand kinda rock back and forth on the surface so it's pulling creating a sort of undertow. I'm going to replace the wp25 wuth another rw8 soon and see what kind of flow patterns I can get.

ClownTriggerDude

Gulfsufer101-

Great video. I'm very surprised with rw8 so far, compared to the flow of the mp40. Tank looks great.

ClownTriggerDude

For fun and as a test base, are you guys interested in listing tank sizes for the Jebao pumps ?

Reason why, I have my wife's 29 modified, BioCube up and running now. I have no power head's in the tank yet, but I did buy the hydor rotating water deflector and attached it to the Cobalt MJ 1200 return pump. I have to say, it works very well.

Anyway, I plan on trying the new rw8 in this tank. My questions are what size and how many of the Jebao's should I use in my near future tanks ?

I have two Mp40's that I bought several months ago for our 150g reef.

Two 40g breeders.

One 14g quarantine.

125g fish only, but using live rock.

What Jebao power heads and how many, do you recommend and of course, feel free to add any other tank sizes you want to include in this discussion.

Kevin

yikes a RW8 in a 29 biocube is going to be nuts.

I am running 1 RW8 in a 40breeder and it ceates ALOT of flow.

if that RW4 does come out i may switch to 2 of them instead of 1 RW 8 in the tank. i think 2 RW8 or a RW15 and a RW8 in the 150 would be PLENTY

I agree, don't add a RW8 to a 29g cube.. eeek! Probably too much flow and the footprint of that pump would be pretty ugly in a tank with those dimensions.

ClownTriggerDude

Wow, their a lot more powerful than I thought !

What are the MP-40's for, a big state aquarium ? Lol

Joking aside, what are they meant for ?

So, what do I do with them, sell ?

What power head is capable of handing a wave maker ( other than expensive manufacturers)would you suggest for the 29g ?

What are mp40s for? A tank longer than 2'.

What power head is capable of handing a wave maker ( other than expensive manufacturers)would you suggest for the 29g ?

WP-10 or RW-4 (not released). Why do you want to make waves? Randomized flow is probably superior.

ClownTriggerDude

WP-10 or RW-4 (not released). Why do you want to make waves? Randomized flow is probably superior.

Just to add different water circulation's. With a lot of rock, it's difficult to get movement in all areas of the tank, so the more you have, the better. That does not mean powerful, just great circulation.

I thought they would be good for the 150g as big as it is. Guess I'm wrong.

Thought what was good for the 150?

gulfsurfer101

I've had a 6' long 150g and determining from the amount of flow I get from my rw8, I would have four placed in the tank or possibly three of the larger rw pumps in there or one wp40 and wp25 should do it. I would go with rw's though just because you can create alternating flow patterns but linking the slave/master mode.

Just to add different water circulation's. With a lot of rock, it's difficult to get movement in all areas of the tank, so the more you have, the better. That does not mean powerful, just great circulation.

You may want to wait for the RW-4 then. It's else mode on the RW-4 looks superior.

ClownTriggerDude

I have seen a short video about the Riptide, but aren't those for large tanks ?

Ok, looked on their site, but there's no information about these yet.

For what size tanks do they have so far ?

Archived