Coral Vue Hydros

Mirya's Floridian Flower Garden - All kinds of new things!

Mirya

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't remember on which thread you posted your kitty kimono but look....

http://www.newslinq.com/cat-kimono/

:D

Yes! I saw a photo gallery very similar to the one you linked too which is what inspired me to get a kimono for Ophelia in the first place. I think I posted Ophelia in her kimono on my other tank thread, but let's put a copy here too!

Kimono%20Cat_zpsmm2uriqy.jpg

Lovely tanks you have there! Love your flower nems!

Thank you very much, Bunster! I've been following your tank thread. I love all the photos you have been posting.

Sometime today I am going to get an order from Aquascapers. They had a sale on a 20 pack of zoa colonies. Myself and 2 others in my local reef club went in together on a purchase of a pack. The pack is getting delivered to me today, as well as another gorgonian I ordered.

So here is the pack from Aquascapers. It was a 20 pack and they threw in a freebie of some Searchlights zoas. I took a picture of all 21 zoas under some different lighting so that I can share the pics with my reef club members who I"m splitting the pack with to help them decide which they want. Until then, I have a lot of zoa goodness!

Zoa%20Pack_zps2skj325k.jpg

So here is the pack from Aquascapers. It was a 20 pack and they threw in a freebie of some Searchlights zoas. I took a picture of all 21 zoas under some different lighting so that I can share the pics with my reef club members who I"m splitting the pack with to help them decide which they want. Until then, I have a lot of zoa goodness!

Zoa%20Pack_zps2skj325k.jpg

Cool pic!!! :)

21 Zoas? I count 50!

They can't be as bad with counting Zoas as John Maloney is with counting snails, right?

OK, 21 plugs. Lots and lots of zoa polyps though!

Wow, those are nice big pieces too!

Yeah, the freebie is the tiny piece on the bottom left row of the rack. Everything else is a nicely overgrown plug! They have a special right now on 20 full plugs of different zoas for $259 including shipping. That makes is $12.95 a plug, which is a price that can't be beat! I won't lie, I kinda wanted to order the whole pack for myself... So I posted on my local reef club forums if anyone wanted to split the pack with me. I had 2 people reply, so 7 plugs for each of us. :D

Ophelia's gorgeous! I'm now inspired to dress Mia my cat in a Kimono too! B)

DO EET! And then take some awesome pictures of her.

Cool pic!!! :)

Thanks!

With all those new zoas and the Porthole your pics are going to be amazing! Will any of the zoas go into your display tanks at some point?

Yup! My split of the zoas is on a frag rack in this tank right now. The rack was a little too shallow to easily photograph yesterday though. But soon...

I got a phone call from Oceans by Design today! My tank is done. It will be crated and shipped next week!

Since I am about to spend a lot of time in North Carolina rather than Ohio (see my Mini Garden thread for details), I'm not sure when I will actually get to install the upgrade. It's going to drive me nuts know it is done but not set up!

I got a phone call from Oceans by Design today! My tank is done. It will be crated and shipped next week!

Since I am about to spend a lot of time in North Carolina rather than Ohio (see my Mini Garden thread for details), I'm not sure when I will actually get to install the upgrade. It's going to drive me nuts know it is done but not set up!

What size tank di you go with?

I have thought about having them do one for me as they are just a few hundred miles away and can drive to pick it up.....

They have some nice stuff a few friends have there tanks.

Dang those Zoas look sweet!!!!!

The dimensions are a little funky, but it is custom, so I figured why not? It is 39" long x 15" wide x 15" tall. Starfire glass on the 3 viewing panels and blacked out back. Clear silicone (I hate the black silicone look.) Ghost overflow. Rimless. They had a little whoops with ordering the glass, so the thing is going to be a beast -- it is built out of 1/2" glass! (Since that was their error, they are not billing me extra for the extra-thickness glass.)

They are shipping it freight. I'll need to go out to the terminal to pick it up. I'm pretty pleased with the shipping fee though. $30 crate fee and $136 to ship it from Washington state to Ohio. Some of the other shipping quotes I received from other aquarium builders were easily twice that, and not that far of a distance. Of course Glass Cages has the cheapest shipping options, but then you are getting a Glass Cages tank...

Archived