SaltCritters.com

Kat's Tea Party Under the Tree - Retired

metrokat

UPGRADE DAY! omgomgomg

Decided to skip Zumba today and set up the Fluval instead. :blush:

I've got about 10G of fresh saltwater already mixed up. The plan is to change out 5G of water from the big system and use that water in the fluval. Old filter sponge from the big system and some live sand, few rocks and the new system is good to go without any cycle. Still not able to decide where to put the tank, probably going to put it the same place as the old pico.

20150816_112943.jpg

20150816_113911.jpg

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPGRADE DAY! omgomgomg

Decided to skip Zumba today and set up the Fluval instead. :blush:

I've got about 10G of fresh saltwater already mixed up. The plan is to change out 5G of water from the big system and use that water in the fluval. Old filter sponge from the big system and some live sand, few rocks and the new system is good to go without any cycle. Still not able to decide where to put the tank, probably going to put it the same place as the old pico.

20150816_112943.jpg

20150816_113911.jpg

:huh: setting up that Fluval isn't helping the waist line ;)

True, very true. Although in my case it's the tush, it's not helping the tush. But some people like that. 5.gif

:lol: in that case just stay home and set up the tank.

Very cool! This is going to look awesome. What lighting are you going to stick on it?

Stock lighting for now. The tree did fine under poor lighting so far. I'm considering a few reef lights but nothing yet.

:lol: in that case just stay home and set up the tank.

I knew you would see the positive in that. :)

:huh: setting up that Fluval isn't helping the waist line ;)

:slap: Doing that for Kat. ;)

Dirty.

20150816_133020.jpg

Looking good!!! Can't wait to see it all set up!!!!

Landscaping problems :lol:

The tree was originally created with the old 3G pico in mind. The height and width.

Looked like this in the 3G

pico1.JPG

Filled it well. But in the Fluval it's not quite right.

20150816_184605.jpg

I'm still playing around with it, but I thought this looked better:

20150816_193948.jpg

(and I put my custom Zeph painting up too)

20150816_191730.jpg

love the skimmer in the back. are you not running any media filters then?

I've got sponges and filter floss. Sharing the compartment with the Mame.

Going to put in a powerhead tomorrow.

it may look better if the tree is moved just a little to the right to create some negative space to the left of the tree. and then glue some GSP to 5-10 small rubles and create a trail to the right rocks? just some ideas =).

Do you like the CP blue?

i have yet to put it in this tank, had it in the 3G, worked great

it may look better if the tree is moved just a little to the right to create some negative space to the left of the tree. and then glue some GSP to 5-10 small rubles and create a trail to the right rocks? just some ideas =).

:wub:

LFS had red Moyner dragonettes. I can't decide if I should get that little guy or a YCG or both. I will have to feed the tank daily with either fish in there. The dragonette can be trained if they're not already eating. So torn.

Archived