Cultivated Reef

Kat's Tea Party Under the Tree - Retired

metrokat

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Snow_Phoenix

Would love an update on how this skimmer handles nitrates once food starts getting dumped in here.

I designed/made a little brine shrimp hatchery that lives in the 8 gallon. Constant nauplii and one fat mandarin goby. It just needs to be cleaned out once a week. I can send designs for TAP plastics to build if you're interested.

Polar, can you PM/share the designs with me, if that is alright with you? I wish to have a dragonet (probably either a regular Scooter or Spotted Mandy) again in about two to three months from now. I have a refugium stocked with 3 types of macro and another fuge stuffed with LR rubble, but I need a bigger/natural food source for my future dragonet.

Update time!!!

20150828_193716.jpg

I moved the scape around a little bit mostly because I had to hide the powerhead behind the tree.

Thanks to Ecoxotic who also owns Current USA, I got a spiffy new light to use over the Fluval.

They sent me an Orbit Marine LED light that fits like a glove over the tank. It comes with a controller and remote. Low profile and sleek, I like it a lot.

20150828_193814.jpg

They also sent me a pretty cool t-shirt

20150822_122304.jpg

20150822_121527.jpg

Also thanks to Muraki I now have a new Mini-jet 606 pump on this baby. The flow was instantly awesome.

At JBBs suggestion I also bought a JBJ Modular surface skimmer but I have yet to install it. Bought it from Amazon. The thing cost $3.50, the shipping was $5.99 and this is the lovely "little" box they sent it in.

20150821_203431.jpg

:angry:

Do you need a picnic table for this tank? It seems like a small enough project I might be able to fool my self into saying I could knock it out for you.

Do you need a picnic table for this tank? It seems like a small enough project I might be able to fool my self into saying I could knock it out for you.

:wub:

Actually you would have to help me lay out the parts in clay.

I think I'm going to make it red

Derwent%20Junior%20picnic%20table%20-%20

I thought the simplest way would be to roll out the clay to a uniform thickness. Then score and cut out the 'planks'. Bake the table top and the seats as 4 planks and 2 planks each. The rest to be single planks. After baking I use super glue to 'assemble' the table. Would that work do you think?

:wub:

Actually you would have to help me lay out the parts in clay.

I think I'm going to make it red

Derwent%20Junior%20picnic%20table%20-%20

I thought the simplest way would be to roll out the clay to a uniform thickness. Then score and cut out the 'planks'. Bake the table top and the seats as 4 planks and 2 planks each. The rest to be single planks. After baking I use super glue to 'assemble' the table. Would that work do you think?

Could we do acrylic and you paint it?

And how long? 6"?

Archived