Pod Your Reef

Kat's Tea Party Under the Tree - Retired

metrokat

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a lot of pods to be dosing. I mean even a lil guy in that tank will chew through the population in no time.

Yes. That's why training it to eat frozen and pellets is key. I haven't decided on the dragonette for this reason.

A little shrimp and goby pair is also something I am considering.

I've got sponges and filter floss. Sharing the compartment with the Mame.

Going to put in a powerhead tomorrow.

How do you like the mame?

Curious to see were you are going with this scape

It's in limbo. Just wanting the tank to settle in for a week or so before tearing it apart for a re-scape. They just went through a big move, total new water, salinity change and so much more. I'll be planning it in the mean time. Already working on the tree branches - to make them longer or taller.

Yes. That's why training it to eat frozen and pellets is key. I haven't decided on the dragonette for this reason.

A little shrimp and goby pair is also something I am considering.

That's a tough stocking decision... What ever you do, don't just go wandering into the LFS and start making impulse purchases.

Remember, your lil fishy should be excited to see you walk up to the glass in the LFS.

lol We're talking about a fish Kat, not most of the guys on this board.

Let's just say he'll be just a curious about you as you are of him. ;)

lol We're talking about a fish Kat, not most of the guys on this board.

Let's just say he'll be just a curious about you as you are of him. ;)

HAH

Love the cute little house you have on that tree. I don't know - I like the negative space and the scape. :happy:

My birds melted :( Not sure what material they were made of, but they literally "melted" over time.

Here's a picture from when the birds beak and eyes melted

DSCF3251edit.jpg

Here's the other one I had

DSCF3249edit.jpg

Snow_Phoenix

My birds melted :( Not sure what material they were made of, but they literally "melted" over time.

Here's a picture from when the birds beak and eyes melted

DSCF3251edit.jpg

Here's the other one I had

DSCF3249edit.jpg

I'm sorry to hear that, Kat. :(

Next time you can try using ceramic - sure, it's heavier, but so far I've used ceramic candleholders as a shelter/overhang for my marine QT and they've never melted, changed color or leaked stuff into the water. The silver dots (ink?) that I had on the dice that I put in my mantis's tank also melted away.

Snow_Phoenix

Yup, the birdhouse is ceramic, so are the mushrooms and rabbit (and the cat and mouse which are not in use).

Yep, then they'll last with no problems. Just make sure that whatever the bird is made off doesn't cause a nutrient spike or something. I once had a fake rubber/silicon nem in my QT, and my clowns loved hosting it. It only took three days before the QT was full of diatoms and a fine layer of algae, which was weird since I restricted my feedings to keep up with the WC and med dosages. Turns out the nem was leaking stuff in the water - the moment I pulled it out - wa lah! No more hideous brown gunk all over the tank. Clowns were unhappy for a bit but they compromised with the candleholder.

Landscaping problems :lol:

The tree was originally created with the old 3G pico in mind. The height and width.

Looked like this in the 3G

pico1.JPG

Filled it well. But in the Fluval it's not quite right.

20150816_184605.jpg

I'm still playing around with it, but I thought this looked better:

20150816_193948.jpg

(and I put my custom Zeph painting up too)

20150816_191730.jpg

Zeph still around?

Zeph still around?

He's not on the forum and he downsized his tanks. Just has his 210 with sump in the basement and the 40B in his apartment. He lost Big Bertha the clam :(

He was going to keep the massive shell, I'm not sure if he did. He is very busy, lots of stuff going on in his personal life. He's very active on instagram. I haven't seen him since my birthday in January though. :(

Polarcollision

pretty much, except I added the mame skimmer

Would love an update on how this skimmer handles nitrates once food starts getting dumped in here.

LFS had red Moyner dragonettes. I can't decide if I should get that little guy or a YCG or both. I will have to feed the tank daily with either fish in there. The dragonette can be trained if they're not already eating. So torn.

I designed/made a little brine shrimp hatchery that lives in the 8 gallon. Constant nauplii and one fat mandarin goby. It just needs to be cleaned out once a week. I can send designs for TAP plastics to build if you're interested.

Would love an update on how this skimmer handles nitrates once food starts getting dumped in here.

I designed/made a little brine shrimp hatchery that lives in the 8 gallon. Constant nauplii and one fat mandarin goby. It just needs to be cleaned out once a week. I can send designs for TAP plastics to build if you're interested.

Yes please!!! Thank you so much.

You could definetly try to "bonsai tree" it to make it kind of intentionally unbalanced.post-79083-0-89742300-1440041682_thumb.jpeg

You could have ithe tree trunk sort of lean one way and have all the branches grow the other way... Like the typical bonsai tree.

Archived