ReefCleaners.org

HM's soon to be off brand upgrade

HM3105

Question for all you geniuses, I'm thinking about rescaping my tank down to one central island, slightly off center. Since I don't have a sand bed, do I need to worry about anything or just do it?

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question for all you geniuses, I'm thinking about rescaping my tank down to one central island, slightly off center. Since I don't have a sand bed, do I need to worry about anything or just do it?

Just do it buddy. You will have corals slime up but a little extra carbon will take care of that.

So everything is looking great lately, several of my zoa colonies which were closed and withering away are now open and while their color is dull they're opening! I've been feeding a piece of LRS every other day for the past couple of weeks and also got my dosing schedule back on track.

• 3 weeks later...

And now I have doser installed! the DP 4 on the right is for the DT, the BRS kit is for the frag tank.

20160102_134931_zpsmfknroo0.jpg

Next up, installing my RW 8.

Nice. you should test the 100ml again now that you have the exact length of tubing installed and head pressure- mine dropped to like 91ml after I put on 5 foot head.

So I've got a new RW 15. Is this going to be too much for my lowly 40 breeder?

Nice. you should test the 100ml again now that you have the exact length of tubing installed and head pressure- mine dropped to like 91ml after I put on 5 foot head.

Hmm good point, I'll test it tomorrow.

So installed rw15. I think I found all my new stick frags after they were blown across the tank :\. I'm going to swap this out for an rw8. If anyone is interested we can make a deal.

• 3 weeks later...

DSC_0232%203_zpsqnpq9x1m.jpg

Slowburn from Maria over at Elos

DSC_0244%202_zpspdwiwtwd.jpg

Rainbow monti, from brown turd to this..so excited.

DSC_0242_zpsefwvi7em.jpg

DSC_0234%203_zpsdt5eyqaj.jpg

DSC_0235%202_zpshkaontp5.jpg

So I got my RW-8's installed last weekend, the flow is amazing and everything looks so much happier.

I also introduced GFO back into the system this week. So far no ill effects. The SPS I got from Glenn have been doing very well, coloring up nicely and starting to encrust.

I have two RW-8 if you want them. I don't need the 15, though.

Really, I just now noticed this!

Actually my neighbor might want them, what are you looking for on them?

DSC_0232%203_zpsqnpq9x1m.jpg

Slowburn from Maria over at Elos

DSC_0244%202_zpspdwiwtwd.jpg

Rainbow monti, from brown turd to this..so excited.

DSC_0242_zpsefwvi7em.jpg

DSC_0234%203_zpsdt5eyqaj.jpg

DSC_0235%202_zpshkaontp5.jpg

So I got my RW-8's installed last weekend, the flow is amazing and everything looks so much happier.

I also introduced GFO back into the system this week. So far no ill effects. The SPS I got from Glenn have been doing very well, coloring up nicely and starting to encrust.

HE HAS A TANK! AND ITS AWESOME :o

Nice SlowBurn, lucky! :)

jedimasterben

Really, I just now noticed this!

Actually my neighbor might want them, what are you looking for on them?

Already sold them, sorry :)

DSC_0232%203_zpsqnpq9x1m.jpgSlowburn from Maria over at ElosDSC_0244%202_zpspdwiwtwd.jpgRainbow monti, from brown turd to this..so excited.DSC_0242_zpsefwvi7em.jpgDSC_0234%203_zpsdt5eyqaj.jpgDSC_0235%202_zpshkaontp5.jpgSo I got my RW-8's installed last weekend, the flow is amazing and everything looks so much happier.I also introduced GFO back into the system this week. So far no ill effects. The SPS I got from Glenn have been doing very well, coloring up nicely and starting to encrust.

That boring tank sure looks nice to me :). Been meaning to ask how is your dad doing?

That boring tank sure looks nice to me :). Been meaning to ask how is your dad doing?

Thanks Lawn, I'm really happy with it coming back..

Actually Dad isn't doing very well. Mom called earlier and was a little hysterical, she ended up taking him to ER but they didn't find anything wrong. He had a pretty bad episode when my wife and I were there for Christmas too. So the disease seems to be progressing at a faster rate.

• 1 month later...

More boring. Special thank you to JMB, starting to get better pictures except I think PhotoBucket is screwing with the quality.

DSC_0045_zpsy8jgl9hw.jpg

DSC_0047_zpss5wlhvz5.jpg

DSC_0051_zpscyst8cpy.jpg

DSC_0046_zpsaepgvi8p.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Funny story, I did my weekly WC and decided it was time to take the GFO offline as my chalices are bleaching. to my surprise there was no GFO in the reactor, somehow it dissolved? Ugh.

Oh and the TLF Metasorb, the bag burst in the sump. sigh.

HarryPotter

Funny story, I did my weekly WC and decided it was time to take the GFO offline as my chalices are bleaching. to my surprise there was no GFO in the reactor, somehow it dissolved? Ugh.

Oh and the TLF Metasorb, the bag burst in the sump. sigh.

Yikes, I guess it was tumbling?

Yikes, I guess it was tumbling?

Uh, no? my reactor doesn't tumble usually but I guess that's the only thing that make sense. I usually have it set to just have a little movement so it doesn't solidify on me.

I mean none of the corals looked weird except for my chalices....

More boring. Special thank you to JMB, starting to get better pictures except I think PhotoBucket is screwing with the quality.DSC_0045_zpsy8jgl9hw.jpgDSC_0047_zpss5wlhvz5.jpgDSC_0051_zpscyst8cpy.jpgDSC_0046_zpsaepgvi8p.jpg

Doesn't look boring to me :)

GFO should be tumbling.

I'm with Lawn! Looks amazing, HM!

Doesn't look boring to me :)

Thanks guys! I actually glued down two frags last night. First time ever.

I think he means high tumbling, GFO is suppose to lightly tumble so it doesn't turn into a brick but if you turn it up to high it'll dissolve like it did here. I did that once on my frag tank. I had rust lines around the rim! :P

Looking good in here. Nice photos! Love all the montis

Thanks man, I should have brought the brightness up in Photobucket. I've got some other nice montis growing in the frag tank :ninja:

Archived